- The moveis to help fight a crushing outbreak of the coronavirus in the country, the airline said Sunday.
- All over-21s in England are now eligible to book their Covid jab as the roll-out opens up to nearly one million more young people.
Around 972,000 people aged 21 and 22 will receive text messages inviting them to book their vaccine today.
The portal for online booking s now open to those aged 21 or over who turn 21 before 1 July 2021. Those eligible must book their first and second jabs at the same time, with the second dose to be administered between eight and 12 weeks after the firstMore t
A local Fox reporter used her on-air time to go rogue and claim the network has been ‘muzzling’ her – while promising to ‘expose’ what goes on ‘behind-the-scenes’.Ivory Hecker, who reports for Fox 26 in Houston, was preparing to give a weather report on Monday all about the heat waves across Texas that had caused power outages when she decided t
- Level up your sports kit this week (Picture: Getty)If you’re into fitness, you’re probably interested in looking after your body inside and out.
From plant-based protein snacks and probiotic skincare to high-fashion loungewear and printed swimsuits, this week’s Fit List is all about looking and feeling good.Plus Sweaty Betty takes a big step in the right direction with their new inclusive activewear range including modest sports gear and a sweat-wicking hijab.Roxy x Liberty swi
- What does kneading mean? Getty Images/Westend61)Julia Albright, associate professor of veterinary medicine, University of Tennessee:Do you ever see your cat shifting his front paws back and forth just before settling down for a nap?Have you heard some cat lovers talk about their feline friends ‘making biscuits’ or ‘kneading dough’?Scientists who study cat behavior call this distinctive paw action ‘kneading’ and believe it to be a sign of a relaxed cat.
- Huge explosions were heard in Gaza City in the early hours of Wednesday (Picture: Getty/Reuters/AFP)Israel airstrikes have hit Gaza for first time since a ceasefire ended 11 days of violence that killed more than 200 people.Huge explosions were heard in Gaza City in the early hours of Wednesday.
Israel’s military said the attacks were a response to the launching of incendiary balloons that caused 20 fires in fields in the south of the country.
The strikes targeted facilities used by H
- The Samoan Submission Machine is back (Photo: WWE)Samoa Joe is back in WWE – and the NXT roster has been put on notice.The Samoan Submission Machine was released by the company in April alongside the likes of Chelsea Green, Mickie James and the IIconics, but just two months later he’s back on the black and gold brand.Tuesday’s show opened with William Regal making an announcement after the cryptic end to TakeOver: In Your House over the weekend, and he insisted with all the cha
Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott appear to confirm romance as they cuddle in New York and he calls her ‘wifey’Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott and Stormi took a big trip to NYC (Picture: Getty/ Instagram, @kyliejenner)Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott put on a very cosy display indeed as they jetted off to New York for a whirlwind 24 hours – and it seems their romance is alive and kicking again. The on/off couple flew over to New York City on Tuesday along with their three-year-old daughter Stormi for Travis’ special night, as he was honoured at the 72nd annual Parsons Benefit. After flying
- 'I expect tomorrow Putin will press, he will see how far he can push President Biden,' Pompeo told Fox News host Sean Hannity hours before the summit Wednesday in Geneva.
Joe Biden faces the biggest diplomatic test of his presidency as he sits down with 'worthy opponent'President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet in Geneva for a diplomatic showdown Wednesday, with only a loosely scripted itinerary for their critical talks.
- Donald Trump on Tuesday was pictured leaving Trump Tower with a picture of Marilyn Monroe, presumably taking the image home with him to his Bedminster golf club.
- via mirror.co.ukIsla Cook was rushed to hospital following the incident in Arizona, US, last week, where doctors said she had second and third degree burns across 46 per cent of her body
- Gabrielle, whose pronouns are they/them, claims she was disrespected while getting a haircut from Aaron at his Sydney barber shop.
- Paul Pion and his wife, Stephanie, are allegedly refusing to leave their Hamptons rental after spending $10,000 a month for the past two years to rent the property, even though their lease expired.
- My parents were quite easy to come out to – they just wanted me to be happy (Picture: Luisa Bradshaw-White)Growing up, it never really crossed my mind that I was gay. The realisation came when I was around 19 and talking with some new friends. They both said they liked women and without thinking I replied, ‘Ooh yes, me too!’. I sort of gasped as it was the first time I had even considered that I might not be straight. I’d never had a serious boyfriend befor
- Diane welcomes a baby girl, who she later names Eva (Picture: Lime Pictures)Hollyoaks legend Diane Hutchinson (Alex Fletcher) gives birth to Edward’s (Joe McGann) baby in upcoming scenes.
The soap stalwart has been struggling with her mental health in the wake of discovering that she was carrying evil Edward’s child.
Verity (Eva O’Hara) soon realised that Diane’s anxiety had spiralled out of control, as did Tony (Nick Pickard), after she asked him to recreate lockdown wit
- Jail for Will? (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale is set to shock viewers to the core when Kim Tate (Claire King) is found dead at Home Farm after suffering a fit following the poisoning of her.She was spent weeks formulating a plot to unmask the person out to get her and she reckons she has Will Taylor (Dean Andrews) bang to rights when she finds a stash of diazepam.Noah finds Diazepam in Will’s toolbox at Home Farm and tells Jamie. Jamie thinks Will’s the obvious suspect in Kim’s poison
- Trials and traumas on the Street (Picture: ITV)Lives are on the line in another dramatic week of Coronation Street as Leanne Battersby (Jane Danson) faces up to the dangerous Harvey Gaskell (Will Mellor) in court, his threats ringing in her ears. Will she testify against him?Meanwhile, Summer Spellman (Harriet Bibby) collapses and is later faced with a life changing diagnosis while news of a sudden death rocks Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall)Sunday June 20 at 8pmHour long episode.Having given his mum
- A woman survived a car crash on Wednesday morning only to plunge down a 70m cliff, stranded for two hours before police heard her calling out. She was airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
- via mirror.co.ukAs a child, photographer and videographer Heywood Taylor was often asked what was wrong with his face, while other children mistook his birthmark for a bruise or a burn
What are myokines, what effect do they have on the body and how can you activate them through exercise?Could Barre be the answer to happy body? (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)You’ve probably heard of the ‘happy hormones’ like dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin.
But what about myokines?
These new kids on the chemical block are still in the early stages of research, however they are thought to be responsible for even more health benefits when it comes to exercise.
There are lots of studies to show that people who exercise regularly benefit from a positive mood and lower rates of
GB News presenter Nana Akua brands co-host Darren McCaffrey a ‘hypocrite’ in heated Covid vaccine debateThe Great British Breakfast hosts debated the Covid jab being made compulsory for care home workers (Picture: GB News)GB News presenter Nana Akua branded her co-host Darren McCaffrey a ‘hypocrite’ as they got into a heated clash over the coronavirus vaccine. The Great British Breakfast hosts, along with Kirsty Gallacher, were discussing reports that the Government could make the Covid jab compulsory for staff working in care homes across England. During their debate on Wedn
- A locally acquired case of Covid-19 has been found in Sydney's eastern suburbs. The positive case has been detected in Bondi, with contact tracers now racing to find the origin of the infection.
- The rollercoaster of the last year as left us feeling drained (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Hands up if you feel drained, exasperated or emotionally exhausted – you could be suffering from emotional burnout.
It’s a state where you feel worn out mentally because of the stress of a situation in your personal life.
And considering the emotional roller-coaster we’ve all just navigated in lockdown, it’s no wonder.Key burnout symptoms include chronic stress; low motivation
- Stewart, who joined his friend on the first in-person The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in 15 months, was asked what he thought about the 'science' behind virus detection and prevention.
- Australians are increasingly worried about their superannuation savings with average property prices in one state surging above $1million for the first time ever.
- Buying your own home just got easier (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Convinced you’ll never be able to buy your own home? Think again.Developers are spoiling house-hunters with all sorts of incentives that make affording your own home that little bit more reachable.From help with the deposit to free furniture, perks and discounts are out there, and we’ve tracked some of the best to help you get on the ladder.Stamp duty savingsSpringfield Place, Tooting, London SW17From £452,000Buying in
- Two sisters stranded by the roadside have been rescued by a mystery hero motorcycle policeman who got down on his knees to change their tyre and teach them hot to do it for themselves in future.
- Fancy a top up? (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Wednesday marks World Refill Day, so we’re celebrating with a list of our eco-friendly faves.Not only are refills more environmentally friendly, as they reduce plastic waste, but they also save you time and money on top-ups.
Including everything from litres of dish soap to a snazzy mini hand cream that never runs out, buying in bulk has never looked so good.
Good ClubStock up on zero-waste food staples such as pasta, herbs, spices and flour, delivered
- A Sunshine Coast couple's offer of a $300-a-week house and $70,000-a-year job on a dairy farm drew a huge response from people looking for a change but the position is still not filled.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!