- Messages of support are pouring in for golf superstar Tiger Woods, who was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital on Tuesday after suffering multiple injuries when his car went off a road.
- The ASICS shoe was found with missing businesswoman Melissa Caddick's foot inside by campers at Bournda Beach, on the New South Wales south coast, on Sunday.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday nighthe would 'absolutely' back former President Donald Trump in the 2024 presidential race if he was the nominee of the Republican Party.
- It has been announced McDonald's restaurants will participate in the Dine & Discover program, with eligible NSW residents able to spend their two $25 vouchers at the fast food chain.
- Under the current lockdown, which will start to be lifted in stages from March 8, wedding ceremonies can only go ahead under exceptional circumstances, and receptions are banned completely
- The NHS is already short of 115,000 employees. That figure is expected to double over the next five years and exceed 475,000 by 2033, analysis by the Health Foundation suggests.
- Around 1,200 people are currently in the quarantine hotels, a regime cooked up to suppress mutant variants of Covid from high-risk countries including Portugal.
- A seemingly innocent photo of a patch of green grass is going viral after a snake catcher pointed out that there is a serpent hiding in plain sight on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
- The Government is considering introducing collections for electronic waste across the country. A consultation will be carried out later this year.
- What lies ahead? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Ready for today?
You’ll feel a touch more prepared once you’ve read your star sign’s horoscope for today, February 26, 2021.
Scorpios, it’s the perfect day to unleash your creativity, while Aries, you need to use this evening to relax and daydream.
If you’re a Gemini, here’s your nudge to keep trying. Don’t give up just yet.
Read on for your forecast below.
What star sign are you?
Aries: March 21 to April 20 T
- The Government is 'exploring options for...kerbside collections' to make recycling e-waste easier while also considering whether to require online retailers, such as Amazon, to collect old electronics
- Experienced nurses will take home less than £10 extra per week if the Chancellor replicates recent pay awards, union bosses have said
- A report by the Onward group calls for money to be diverted to the North and Midlands rather than the London-Oxford-Cambridge axis
- Number 10's Race Disparity Unit reviewed the findings of major UK studies probing the link between ethnicity and Covid-19, finding higher deaths may have been a result of infection risk.
- Shoretire became United’s youngest representative in European competition (Picture: Getty Images)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backed Shola Shoretire to become a ‘very good player’ at Manchester United after making a slice of history in the Europa League on Thursday night.
Shoretire, 17, came off the bench with 15 minutes remaining of United’s 4-0 aggregate win over Real Sociedad and became the youngest player to represent the club in European competition.
He broke Norman Whit
- The 27-year-old, who worked for Mr Kelly in his Sydney office from 2015 to 2018, claimed she was groped, kissed and hugged by Frank Zumbo.
- The new offence should cover so-called downblousing as well as upskirting, the Law Commission said.
- Potential buyers will have to join a waiting list of people already looking for a beach hut at Mudeford, with the sandbank home to some of the most expensive beach huts in Britain
- It may be a little while yet before we’re summoned back to our offices for the 9 to 5, but when that day comes, how will you want to commute?The thought of squeezing on to a rammed tube in the wake of the pandemic doesn’t bear thinking about for many, while for others, they may want to try a safer and more sustainable means of getting to and from work.Whatever your motivation, cycling could be the ideal mode of travel for you.Riding a bike is an efficient means of getting around town
- Ruby was sick of telling Stacey about 2 metre distancing (Picture: BBC)Ruby Allen (Louisa Lytton) is about to hit rock bottom – and the foot of the stairs – after a huge showdown with Stacey Fowler (Lacey Turner) in EastEnders but is Ruby about to take her worst action yet and make a false accusation?
Tonight, viewers realised that a distraught Ruby was losing her baby in a tragic miscarriage – but when Stacey comes to call to confront her about her pregnancy, Ruby doesn’
- The 2021 Australian Open winner shared a tweet of the ballgirl kneeling behind and smiling up at her following the incredible win against Jennifer Brady of the US.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang calls out Jamie Redknapp after match-winning brace for Arsenal against BenficaThe Gunners’ skipper clearly does not believe he is ‘past his best’ (Pictures: Getty / Sky Sports)Arsenal skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang used his match-winning brace against Benfica to call out pundit Jamie Redknapp over his brutal criticism of the striker last weekend.The 31-year-old forward played a decisive role in the Gunners’ dramatic, come-from-behind win over Benfica in the last 32 of the Europa League on Thursday, netting twice in Athens.Aubameyang had opened t
- A new study from the University of California, San Francisco, suggests those who survive the California variant of coronavirus are left with two-fold less antibodies than other strains
- Sir Ian McKellen stated we should ‘all be allies’ with the trans community (Picture: Rex)Sir Ian McKellen has called on the gay community to publicly support trans people.The Lord of the Rings actor took part in a conversation with Olly Alexander, hosted by TikTok, to mark LGBTQ+ History Month.In the chat, the 81-year-old compared the hardships faced by many in the trans community to what the gay community lived through when he was younger.He told the It’s A Sin actor: ‘I
EastEnders star Lorraine Stanley is totally unrecognisable alongside Tom Hardy in gangster film LegendLorraine Stanley is unrecognisable in Tom Hardy film Legend (Picture: BBC/Kieron McCarron/Jack Barnes)EastEnders fans know her as Walford’s no-nonsense Karen Taylor, but Lorraine Stanley had roles in major films before arriving on the Square – including Tom Hardy’s gangster film Legend.The actress appeared in the 2015 crime thriller, which saw Tom play twins Ronnie and Reggie Kray.Pictures have now been unearthed online and see Lorraine posing for Tom behind the scenes of the f
- Rodwin Allicock, 42, had been working inside the grave at Washington Memorial Park in Mount Sinai Thursday when it collapsed on him at around 8.30am.
- Toy makers Hasbro have announced a decision to break away from "gender norms" by dropping the 'Mr' and 'Mrs' titles - so the toy will simply be sold as 'Potato Head'
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals three injured Manchester United stars could return and gives Daniel James updateThe Red Devils progressed to the last 16 of the Europa League on Thursday (Pictures: MUTV / Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is hopeful that three of his injured Manchester United stars will be back in the squad to take on Chelsea this weekend, though Daniel James has tweaked his hamstring.The Red Devils progressed to the last 16 of the Europa League on Thursday night after a goalless draw against Real Sociedad at Old Trafford, having won 4-0 in the first leg last week.There was one sour note during t
- An elderly man murdered his wife with a belt and possibly an axe inside their house on a quiet suburban Gold Coast street, police allege.
- Mikey Greenall, 27, drowned in the Leeds and Liverpool Canal just yards away from where Matt Dutton, 22, drowned one month earlier
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!