Former Liverpool striker is top scorer in La Liga
Atlético manager happy with switch to Bucharest
A grin crossed Diego Simeone’s face as he thought up the perfect defence of Luis Suárez on the eve of his return to a stage that has resisted him. Although he has had a spectacular start at Atlético Madrid, top scorer in La Liga on 16, Suárez has not scored away in the Champions League for four years so Simeone was asked if that is something to worry about before Tu
- via theguardian.com
- The Bidding Room sees dealers try to outbid each other for weird and wonderful objects brought in by the public (Picture: BBC)The Bidding Room has become popular with viewers for its weird and wonderful items brought to the location in each episode.From the team behind the equally loved The Repair Shop, The Bidding Room seems a group of expert dealers try to outbid each other for extraordinary objects brought in by the public.Hosted by Nigel Havers and with valuation expert Simon Bower looking o
Patrick Schwarzenegger on pumping iron with dad Arnold: ‘He’s not competitive – he doesn’t have to be’Patrick Schwarzenegger on work, life and his famous parents (PIcture: Rex)Actor Patrick Schwarzenegger, 27, opens up on his new film Moxie, moving in with mum Maria Shriver during lockdown and what dad Arnold Schwarzenegger taught him about being a man.The heroes of your new high-school comedy, Moxie, are all feminists and you’re the single male ‘asshole’…No one likes me in this film! I am the asshole, the issue, the problem, the villain no one is rooting for — nor
- Counter Terrorism Policing say they have made 185 arrests across more than 800 live investigations (Picture: NurPhoto/Getty Images)Police and UK intelligence services have prevented three terror attacks since the start of the pandemic.Counter Terrorism Policing disclosed the information as Home Office figures showed the number of arrests for terrorism-related activity fell by 34% in 2020, the lowest level in nine years.Despite this, the number of terror plots prevented has risen to 28 since Marc
- Steve Bruce clashed with Matt Ritchie (Photo by Alex Dodd – CameraSport via Getty Images)Newcastle United midfielder Matt Ritchie apologised to manager Steve Bruce after calling him a ‘coward’ during an altercation at the club’s training ground.
Details of a bust-up between the pair were leaked on Wednesday night, with Ritchie taking exception to Bruce’s claim that he failed to pass on tactical instructions to his team-mates when he came on as a substitute in the 1-
- Larry Blackshire, 24, was charged with attempted murder on March 3 (Picture: Salt Lake County Jail)A raging driver allegedly mowed down a man on purpose and then filmed the aftermath on his smartphone.Larry Blackshire, 24, has been charged with attempted murder after police say he intentionally hit another man with his car after his alleged victim broke his car window.Blackshire is then said to have recorded a cell phone video after hitting the man with his car, saying ‘he had to hit..&rsq
- The UK’s official Covid death toll now stands at 124,025 (Picture: PA/Rex)Another 6,573 people in the UK have tested positive for Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, the Department of Health has confirmed.
Today’s figures show a further 243 people have died within 28 days of being diagnosed with coronavirus, bringing the nation’s official death toll to 124,025.
However, data from the UK’s statistics agencies including fatalities where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certif
- Covid cases in England are at their lowest level since September after a 19% drop in a week, while deaths rose by 242 today - around 35% down on a week ago
- James Maddison was forced off with a hip injury after scoring in Leicester’s win at Aston Villa (Picture: Getty)Brendan Rodgers has confirmed James Maddison will play no part in Leicester’s Premier League clash with Brighton but hopes to have the midfielder back to full fitness at some stage ‘over the next few weeks’.Maddison has missed the Foxes’ last three matches due to a hip problem and there were serious concerns over the injury given it was a recurrence of a p
- Amanda Holden is the queen of all our hearts (Picture: Backgrid)Amanda Holden is officially radio and TV royalty after dressing up as the Queen of Hearts from Alice In Wonderland for World Book Day. The Britain’s Got Talent judge never does anything by halves and she didn’t disappoint on this occasion, arriving for her Heart Radio Breakfast Show in full fancy dress costume. Complete with a pair of dark shades, Amanda strutted across Leicester Square towards the Global Radio
- The Mirror Book Club team of reviewers look at Klara And The Sun, by Kazuo Ishiguro - the genius's first novel since he won the Nobel Prize in 2017 - while Louise Redknapp's hot memoir is also given the thumbs-up. Also this week - Henry ‘Chips’ Channon: The Diaries 1918-38, edited by Simon Heffer
- A spokesman for the First Minister said he was quarantining as a "precaution" minutes after he gave evidence remotely to to a Commons committee
- It is the news we have all been waiting for (Picture: Tolga Akmen/AFP/Getty)A full list of Wetherspoons pubs set to reopen on April 12 has been released today.The pub chain revealed it will welcome punters back to almost 400 rooftop gardens and patios when lockdown restrictions are relaxed.Many venues will be open from 9am to 9pm from Sunday to Thursday and until 10pm on Friday and Saturday – although some will close earlier. Check the list below to see if your local is on there.
- NHS worker Mandy Bonser, 51, from Nottingham, said the delay in British Gas sending someone to restore the heating supply for her family had been 'really frustrating'
- Olivia Wilde has given fans their first glimpse at Don’t Worry Darling (Picture: Instagram/oliviawilde)Olivia Wilde has shared an ominous first official look at her film Don’t Worry Darling and we’re already sold – and slightly terrified.The movie, which stars Harry Styles and Florence Pugh, has been highly anticipated, with fans keen for any glimpses or details.Thankfully, the filmmaker has sorted us out with a very ominous shot of Florence, 25.The actress can be seen lo
Vanessa Hudgens wraps filming on The Princess Switch 3 in Scotland, so prepare for some highland hijinksVanessa confirmed that filming is complete (Picture: Netflix/Instagram)Get ready for more doppelgänger-based hijinks, because The Princess Switch 3 has wrapped filming.Vanessa Hudgens confirmed that filming on the third installment in the franchise is complete as she thanked Netflix for keeping the cast and crew safe.The 32-year-old shared a black and white picture of her crouched on the ground in Scotland and sticking out her tongue, and wrote: ‘And that’s a wrap on Princess Sw
- The emphasis on Allen Weisselberg, is aimed at 'flipping' him to cooperate with the investigation - attempting to turn one of Trump's most important aides into a witness against him.
Covid: Germany set to approve AstraZeneca vaccine for over-65s as EU to review Russian jab Sputnik VFive weeks after blocking the AstraZeneca shot for older people, German regulators will submit their revised verdict later on Thursday, German media reported.
- Zara Kay, who was born in Tanzania, was placed in custody in Dar es Salaam on December 28 for 32 hours where she was allegedly questioned as to why she left Islam.
- Jacob Anthony Chansley, 33, spoke publicly for the first time since his arrest in connection with the January 6 Capitol riots in an interview from jail in Washington, DC, on Thursday.
Lee Sharpe urges Manchester United to sign Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland to become Premier League title contendersOle Gunnar Solskjaer will bolster his Manchester United squad this summer (Picture: Getty)Lee Sharpe believes Manchester United will become Premier League title contenders if they sign Jadon Sancho and Erling Haaland this summer.The Red Devils have held interest in Sancho for well over a year and expressed interest in signing the England international from Borussia Dortmund last summer.Norway striker Haaland has also been linked with a move to Old Trafford, with Solskjaer still looking for a lon
- Lyndsey took to TikTok to share the bizarre way she slices an onion in a video that has been viewed 870,000 times - and people in the comments thought it made so much sense
- When Prince Philip first coined 'The Firm' as a nickname for the Royal Family, he could have no idea 74 years later it would still be used - let alone in an interview criticising the monarchy.
- Janet Jackson is telling her story in a new documentary series (Picture: Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images)Janet Jackson is the latest iconic to feature in a new documentary, with producers promising unprecedented access and ‘no subject off-limits’.‘Janet’ is a two-night, four-hour program celebrating the 40th anniversary of the influential pop star’s self-titled debut album, which she released as a 16-year-old in 1982.US networks Lifetime and A&E described the documen
- Sir Philip, who quit as the Home Office's permanent secretary after accusing the Home Secretary of a 'vicious and orchestrated briefing campaign' against him, said he was pleased his claim had been settled.
- It may work, but it’s not always safe to do (Picture: Getty Images)Another day, another TikTok trend that experts advise against.This time around it’s ‘splinting’, which became popular after TikToker @ambrosialicewf posted a video where she explains the technique.In the video she asks people to duet with reasons they’re grateful to have a vagina, before saying: ‘I’ll go first. You know when you’re on the toilet and you’re struggling to go for
- Four orangutans and five bonobos at the San Diego Zoo in California were given doses of an experimental coronavirus vaccine made for animals last month.
- Nick Welch and his wife claimed to live together in London, but a neighbour complained, insisting the couple were rarely there, meaning they allegedly breached rules letting them claim public money.
- Alice Evans says she will tell fans more about her divorce from Ioan Gruffud (Picture: Alice Evans/Instagram/WireImage)Alice Evans has once more spoken out about her divorce from Ioan Gruffud, vowing that she will keep sharing her story with her followers. She revealed the backstory behind a selfie of the couple after Ioan, 47, filed for divorce from his wife of 13 years, almost two months after Alice, 49, announced on social media that the Fantastic Four actor was ‘leaving
- That amnesia may be catching, and during her marathon grilling Nicola Sturgeon showed some tell-tale symptoms. For all her relative composure, this wasn't a tour de force, writes GRAHAM GRANT
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!