- David Cameron was a paid advisor to Greensill. He urged the UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak in a series of text messages to lend millions to the firm.
- Wedding bells are ringing in Emmerdale for one of the soap’s signature teen pairings(Picture: ITV)The following article contains major spoilers for this week’s Emmerdale episodes, which can now be viewed on ITV Hub in the form of a boxset.Jacob Gallagher (Joe-Warren Plant) makes a shocking return to the eponymous village this week, delighting mum Leyla Harding (Roxy Shahidi), who is preparing to wed Liam Cavanagh (Johnny McPherson).Leanna (Mimi Slinger), however, isn’t too plea
- Safeguarding is an incredibly important issue (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)I still recall the first time two female students approached me to make a disclosure.
They were nervous and apprehensive and I understood why once they voiced their concerns. They told me that a male member of staff was behaving in an inappropriate manner, which constituted as sexual harassment.I remained calm – as is my nature – took their statements, and went with them to the safeguarding officer withi
- Dating new people repeatedly can be emotionally tiring (Credits: Getty Images)Heartbreak and healing are conversations usually reserved for those fresh out of an official relationship.However, those ‘near but not quite’ relationships can be painful to end and need time to recover from too.The repetition of talking and dating to no healthy avail, investing time and emotional labour to disappointment, can take its toll.A Tweet from Lovehoney’s ambassador, Oloni, has got people sh
- Prosecutors in Germany believe convicted paedophile Christian Brueckner snatched Maddie from her bed in Portugal (Pictures: Reuters/Rex)Prime Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner has claimed he is innocent in a letter written from his cell in Germany. In his first ever comment on the case, the convicted paedophile, 44, branded the investigation against him ‘scandalous’ and said the prosecutors leading the probe had ‘brought shame to the legal system’. Th
- What one would you choose? (Picture: @firstname.lastname@example.org/@nailinspolife)As a nation, we spent far too long staring at our chipped nail polish.
When we got the opportunity to go back to the salons, we embraced the opportunity with open arms.
There has never been more colour and patterns on nails. One look on Instagram and the feed is a kaleidoscope of art and we can’t get enough of it.
From pastel floral motifs to abstract shapes, nails are now an extension of personal style. Nails are
- The Home Secretary said she does not support England players taking the knee (Picture: PA/Getty)Football fans have a right to boo England players for taking the knee, the Home Secretary has said.Priti Patel said the practice, which is linked to Black Lives Matter (BLM), amounts to ‘gesture politics’ and launched into a tirade against protests associated with the movement.England players were initially booed by some of the crowd at Wembley as they took a knee ahead of kick-off at thei
- Doctor Who’s Jodie Whittaker has been dealt a huge snub (Picture: BBC)As Jodie Whittaker’s days on Doctor Who are potentially coming to an end, she has been dealt a huge snub, as it was revealed she won’t be on the cover of the Doctor Who Annual for 2022.While nothing has been confirmed, it was reported back in January that Jodie, 38, is due to leave the iconic TV role.The supposed plans would follow the normal pattern of Doctor Who stars leaving after three series in
- Need some help choosing what to name your baby? (Picture: Getty Images)Whether you have a little one on the way or just thinking further down the line, knowing which baby names are popular can help you choose your favourite.BabyCentre’s latest list of popular names in the UK is out – and a new name has been crowned as the favourite for girls.It seems the Royal family has inspired some of the change, with Elizabeth breaking into the top 100 and Archie climbing two places since the end
Larry Lamb still reckons Gavin & Stacey could make another comeback: ‘They’d be very short-sighted if there wasn’t one’Larry says he’s ‘happy to do more’ episodes of the beloved series (Picture: S Meddle/ITV/Shutterstock)Gavin & Stacey star Larry Lamb, 73, on being mistaken for Dirty Den, losing Barbara Windsor and playing an ageing rocker.You’re an old teddy boy in your new film. Was that fun to play?He’s as rough as guff! The film is about two working-class couples who met in Brighton in their teens and in the late 1980s they decide to go back and have a little trip down memor
- Aaron’s ex Lucinda is apparently heading into the villa (Photos: Phil Duncan/ProSports/Shutterstock and Instagram)Footballer Aaron Connolly’s ex Lucinda Strafford is reportedly lined up for Love Island.The Brighton & Hove Albion winger’s former flame – whom he dated for two years before their split back in March – is said to be set for the ITV2 dating show after being made redundant from her job.According to The Sun, the 21-year-old beauty wants to head into the
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been linked with a return to Manchester United this summer (UEFA via Getty)Cristiano Ronaldo is adamant that he is not concentrating on his future after being linked with a surprise return to Manchester United this summer.Last month, reports claimed that the 36-year-old is seriously considering a move back to Old Trafford, while Juventus are open to offloading the Portuguese forward.Paris Saint-Germain have also been linked with a move for Ronaldo with reports in Spain clai
- Curtis Watson, left, is accused of killing Debra Johnson on August 7 2019 (Picture: Tennessee Department of Corrections/Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)An inmate faces the death penalty after he allegedly broke out of jail before raping and murdering a female prison worker.Curtis Watson will appear in court later today charged with killing prison administrator Debra Johnson on August 7 2019, after allegedly escaping from the Tennessee Department of Corrections on a tractor.Watson, who was serv
- Richard Angell, 37, became one of the first gay men to give blood today under the new rules (Picture: Terrence Higgins Trust)It was an ’emotional’ day for Richard Angell as he finally gave blood for the first time after 20 years of waiting.‘Historic’ new rules have come into effect today on World Blood Donor Day which means those giving blood in England, Scotland and Wales will no longer be asked if they are a man who has had sex with a man.Instead, individuals will be as
- It can run at 60fps, but will you need to give up ray-tracing? (pic: Microsoft)A newly published FAQ for Forza Horizon 5 clarifies further details on the game, including its performance options on Xbox consoles.It had already been rumoured before Microsoft’s E3 2021 presentation but Forza Horizon 5’s presence was still surprising, mostly because of how amazing its visuals are.Aside from a gameplay demo, a lot of time was spent explaining exactly why its visuals are so impressive. And
Marko Arnautovic insists he ‘is not a racist’ but apologises for celebration during Austria vs North Macedonia clashArnautovic had to be retrained by his teammates after scoring (Picture: Getty)Marko Arnautovic has apologised for his reaction after scoring for Austria against North Macedonia at Euro 2020 and insisted he is ‘not a racist’.The former Stoke City and West Ham United forward came off the bench to round off a 3-1 win for his side in Sunday’s group clash.Arnautovic reacted furiously after scoring and had to be forcibly restrained by his teammates with captain David Alaba grabbing h
- The actor was part of today’s protest (Credits: Reuters)Laurence Fox branded Boris Johnson a ‘coward b*****d’ as he marched in today’s anti-lockdown protest.The 43-year-old actor joined a huge crowd of maskless protestors as they headed to the gates of Number 10, and he had some strong words as the Prime Minister prepares to announce a delay to restrictions being lifted across England.Filming his route through this afternoon, he slated Boris and insisted today’s pro
- An artist’s impression of the Oculudentavis naga lizard when it was alive (Credits: Stephanie Abramowicz / SWNS)A bizarre lizard locked in Burmese amber for 99 million years has opened a new window into the ‘lost world of the dinosaurs.’Its exquisitely preserved remains include the skull, teeth, scales, skin and soft tissue.A raised crest running down the top of the snout can also be seen through the fossilised tree resin.There is flap of loose skin under the chin, too. That ma
- Many industries have been brought to a standstill over the last 15 months (Picture: Alamy Stock Photo)Furlough, officially known as the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme was introduced by Rishi Sunak during the first lockdown to provide financial help for companies and workers.Employers were given the option to furlough their staff instead of making them redundant, with the government paying a certain amount of an employee’s pre-tax salary per month when a company doesn’t have enough
Couple whose dogs were rescued from hot care by police caught on camera 'taking tips left for staff'Separate footage has linked the same couple to two individual incidents in the Brighton area on Saturday. It appears the couple stole tips from a café before locking their dogs in a hot car.
- The average private tenant pays £71 less per month than a buyer (Picture: Getty)Renting a home has become cheaper than buying one for the first time in six years, a report finds.
The average private tenant paid £1,054 rent last month — £71 less than the £1,125 average cost of servicing a 10% deposit mortgage, estate and lettings agents Hamptons said.It is the first time since December 2014 that renting has been cheaper — turning the tables on March last year w
- Patrik Schick scored a stunning goal in Czech Republic’s Euro 2020 win over Scotland (Pictures: Getty)Patrik Schick’s stunning wondergoal helped Czech Republic emerge victorious from Scotland’s first Euros match in 25 years.The Bayer Leverkusen forward’s incredible strike from just inside Scotland’s half evaded goalkeeper David Marshall.Scotland arguably had the better chances at Hampden Park but Schick’s brilliant goal – and a first-half header from the
- Former US Marine Trevor Reed was sentenced to nine years in a Russian prison after allegedly assaulting a Moscow cop, and now President Putin is offering a possible prisoner exchange to release him.
- A police station in Hastings has been dubbed the 'most sexist in Britain.' after a series of probes into officers' behaviour.
- Influencer Scott Staniland wearing his pre-loved Cudoni edit. Photo: CudoniYou may have heard of circular fashion – but do you UNDERSTAND circular fashion?As the world is growing increasingly conscious of how our wardrobes impact the planet, the trend of buying and selling luxury items is on the rise with services such as Cudoni working to help keep fashion sustainable.The days of feverishly trend-hunting for low-cost – and low-quality – goods are being outed for their shocking
- Vegan bodybuilder and NSW Animal Justice Party MP Emma Hurst has opened up about how a domestic violence relationship lead to her training - and the tragic reason she had to stop.
- There is a desperate man hunt for two crew members who snuck out of a Chinese ship container docked at the Geelong Port in Victoria in the middle of the night.
- Kate likely uses ‘grandpa’ because that is what her three children call Prince Charles (Picture: Rex Features/PA)Kate Middleton was spotted affectionately calling her father-in-law ‘grandpa’, a lip reader has claimed. The Duchess of Cambridge greeted Prince Charles as she arrived at the Eden Project for dinner with G7 world leaders on Friday.‘Hello Grandpa, how are you?’ she reportedly said.The casual name for the future king of England is likely what Wil
- via mirror.co.ukGraham Norton is an investor in New Zealand wine brand Invivo and took over the 50,000 seat Eden Park Stadium in Auckland while his image was beamed onto the 40m high screens as he created his own 2021 vintage
- Images show the supporters squeezed tightly together in the fan zone in Weymouth Harbour, Dorset, as they watched the Three Lions' opening match of Euro 2020 on a big screen.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!