- Girls in Uttar Pradesh targeted in assaults aiming to reinforce caste and gender hierarchies, say activistsA spate of brutal rapes and murders of young girls in a single district of India over the past month has provoked outrage and exposed the ongoing use of sexual violence as a tool of oppression and revenge against lower caste communities.Over the past month, the Lakhimpur Kheri district of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh has witnessed four incidents of girls being raped and brutally murder
- Horizon Forbidden West – not too advanced for the PS4 (pic: Sony)The Thursday Inbox is still unsure whether Fallout and Elder Scrolls will be Xbox exclusives, as one reader complains about GAME’s Xbox tax.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Same old thing
I’ve noticed a few people recently feeling that releasing the new generation games on the PlayStation 4 and old Xbox too will hold those games back. I can’t help but feel this is old
- Storm Alex, the first named storm of the season, could bring four inches of rain, 65 mph gales and 24ft waves overnight, with the crisp autumnal sunshine being swept away.
- Hans and Julia Rausing, who provided a £10 million 'lifeline' for small and medium charities under the Charity Survival Fund this year, have added another £18 million to their fund.
- Experts from the University of Bath warn it is better to hold off from a caffeine hit until after breakfast because regularly drinking coffee beforehand may raise the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Video footage has emerged showing the moment a USMC F-35 stealth fighter jet fell out of the sky and exploded on the ground after hitting a tanker in a mid-air collision in California on Tuesday.
- Constable Mark Brown was being cross-examined on Wednesday in a Sydney local court over an incident which led to the unlawful arrest of Anya Bradford.
- CBeebies is set to mark Black History Month (Picture: PA)CBeebies is set to mark Black History Month with a story about Baroness Floella Benjamin’s arrival in London.The children’s TV channel will be kicking off the month of October with an appearance from A House Through Time presenter, Professor David Olusoga.He’ll be reading Coming to England by Floella Benjamin, which documents the Baroness’s journey to London from the Caribbean at age 10.The book documents her
- Plastic straws and stirrers and plastic-stemmed cotton buds will be banned in the UK from today in a major victory for the Mail's Turn the Tide on Plastic campaign.
- Letitia James, the New York state attorney general, on Wednesday filed a suit against New York Sports Club and Lucille Roberts for wrongly charging gym members during the pandemic.
Australia's grim coronavirus milestone 800th death is recorded after two more people die in VictoriaThe new cases, confirmed by the Department of Health and Human Services on Thursday, bring Melbourne's 14-day average down to 15.6.
Ten million people face mental health crisis as they deal with fallout from coronavirus report warnsAround 8.5 million adults and 1.5 million children in England are likely to need help to deal with the fallout from coronavirus, including losing loved ones and jobs.
- A Harvard University study found that women who miss periods or have irregular menstrual cycles should discuss it with their GP, as it could indicate a more serious health condition.
- The Health and Social Care Committee told the Government it should roll out weekly testing for all 1.3million NHS staff no later than the end of October.
- Maria Witehira's body is believed to have been found at Morrinsville College, on New Zealand's North Island, August 23.
- United haven’t been able to get top target Sancho over the line (Picture: Getty Images)Darren Fletcher says if Manchester United don’t bring in new signings they will ‘find it tough’ to finish in the top four this season.Donny van de Beek remains United’s only summer recruit so far, with the transfer window closing on Monday, October 5.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s top target is Jadon Sancho, but Borussia Dortmund maintain they will not let their prized asset leave,
- Former first lady Michelle Obama urged Americans not to be turned off of politics by Tuesday night's trainwreck of a presidential debate, arguing that would be playing into President Donald Trump's hands.
- Helen Reddy's empowering girl anthem I Am Woman resonated with and became the soundtrack of Australia's first female prime minister Julia Gillard's life.
- The photo showed the former Labour leader, 71, and his wife Laura Alvarez, 51, seated around a nine-person strong table at a friend's house.
- The move came into effect at midnight and has been hailed by unions and fair pay campaigners
- The Local Government Association has warned that councils in England will face a funding gap of more than £5 billion by 2024 if they keep spending and support for services at the current level
- The CDC's current 'no sail' policy, first put in place in April, was set to expire on Wednesday. Director Robert Redfield's proposal to extend the order until February 2021 was blocked.
- Ryanair raked in £2.5billion and made £7million a day last year as rising numbers of passengers paid extra for priority boarding, checked-in bags and seat reservations.
Coronavirus live news: Italian senate suspended as lawmakers test positive; Covid travel slump could cost 46m jobsVaccine trial shows ‘robust’ immune response; warning over global impact of travel collapse; Belgium death toll exceeds 10,000Neanderthal genes increase risk of serious Covid-19, study claimsWorld Bank announces $12bn plan for vaccines for poor countries‘Only time will tell’: Russia places huge bet on Covid vaccineGermans embrace fresh air to tackle coronavirusIsrael bans mass protests as Covid lockdown tightens 11.47pm BST Here’s a quick rundown of the latest coron
Biden tells white supremacist groups to 'cease and desist' after Trump's debate 'embarrassment' – liveDemocrat describes Trump’s display as ‘national embarrassment’Trump denies knowledge of Proud Boys after saying: ‘Stand by’Debate commission calls for ‘additional structure’ for futureSign up for Fight to Vote – our weekly US election newsletter11.37pm BST Americans rushed to Google “How to move to Canada” after last night’s debate. Following a debate derailed by interruptions, people speaking over each other, and insults hurled b
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to add to his squad (Picture: MUTV)Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer refused to speak about the club’s interest in Jadon Sancho following a 3-0 win against Brighton but did admit his board are ‘working hard’ to add to the squad.Goals from Scott McTominay, Juan Mata and Paul Pogba put United into the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.Solskjaer made ten changes to his side and it wasn’t until Pogba and Marcus Rashford emerged from the be
- Kris Jenner has strongly denied the claims (Picture: FilmMagic)Kris Jenner and Kourtney Kardashian have denied their former security guard’s claims of sexual harassment.The former employee, Marc McWilliams, who has filed a suit against Jenner and Kardashian, is thought to have been hired by the mum-of-six in 2017.He reportedly claimed that he became subject to ‘a pattern of unwanted and unwelcome sexual advances and other harassing misconduct.’According to TMZ, McWilliams claim
- The father of four fell when he entered the lift backwards with his trolley when the doors opened - but he didn't see that the shaft was empty and fell to his death
- Nick and Nick helped out a man who was in need of food (Picture: BBC)Ambulance viewers got emotional when paramedics Nick and Nick treated a patient to a McDonalds after finding out he was homeless.
The act of kindness marked the end of the episode, where the pair were called out to a Poundland in Barking after a man was assaulted.
It then transpired that 31-year-old Gavin was assaulted after being accused of trying to shoplift from the store, with the security guard injuring him as he tried to
- The President denied all knowledge of the Proud Boys, after failing to condemn them at last night's TV debate. Here's some other far-right figures Donald Trump doesn't know
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!