- The latest Department for Health figures published this afternoon show that the number of virus cases rose from 1,671 to 1,770 on last Sunday while the number of deaths plummeted.
- Italy’s players will wear black armbands against Wales (Anadolu Agency via Getty)Italy will wear black armbands in their final Euro 2020 group game against Wales on Sunday as a tribute to Giampiero Boniperti.The former Italy and Juventus striker died earlier this week due to heart failure, just two weeks before his 93rd birthday.Boniperti spent his entire playing career at Juventus between 1946 and 1961, scoring 178 goals in 443 appearances for the club.After ending his playing career, Juv
- Much of the language used in Ben Roberts-Smith's defamation 'trial of the century' against Nine newspapers would be unfamiliar to anyone who had not fought in Afghanistan.
- Clare Axworthy, 42, kept track of her family's typical food waste for two weeks at their home near Plymouth and she was shocked by the results.
- He faces a bitter backlash from Muslim communities in Labour-held Batley and Spen, with even his wife Victoria's Jewish heritage apparently being cited as one reason not to vote Labour.
- The residents of Kirby Estate in Bermondsey, South-East London, are not the only community demonstrating their national pride so forcefully but their display takes some beating.
- Researchers from the Friedrich-Alexander University in Germany studied 82 students in their 20salso found that high confidence is linked to good posture.
Qatari authorities 'paid private detectives to spy on author after he attacked World Cup 2022 plans'Ghanem Nuseibeh is threatening High Court proceedings amid claims his email and WhatsApp accounts were hacked, letters stolen and his office bugged after his bombshell Qatar report.
Graeme Souness says Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes ‘would not last five minutes in my dressing room’Graeme Souness has criticised Bruno Fernandes for his petulance towards his own teammates (Getty)Graeme Souness believes Manchester United and Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes ‘would not have lasted five minutes in my dressing room’ because of his petulance towards his own teammates.Fernandes has been an instant hit for United following his arrival from Sporting last year, scoring 40 goals and registering 25 assists in 80 appearances since moving to Old Trafford.The 26-year-old ha
- Victoria has recorded no new local Covid-19 cases while Melbourne residents have enjoyed their first weekend out of lockdown.
Dame Joan Collins says sister Jackie ‘did the right thing’ hiding cancer diagnosis: ‘She did not want pity’Dame Joan Collins said Jackie was right to hide cancer diagnosis (Picture: ITV/REX)Dame Joan Collins has said her sister Jackie ‘did the right thing’ by not telling her about her initial cancer diagnosis.The Hollywood actress, best known for starring in the US TV series Dynasty, said her younger sibling had wanted to avoid being pitied by those close to her.International best-selling novelist Jackie sadly died in 2015 of cancer aged 77. She kept her illness almost entirely secret.How
- According to education campaigners, Year 11 pupils in most state secondary schools in England and Wales have not returned to class after half-term in May (file photo).
Strictly Come Dancing’s Amy Dowden reveals she received online abuse for getting Covid vaccine earlyStrictly Come Dancing’s Amy Dowden received online abuse for Covid vaccine (Picture:Backgrid/BBC)Amy Dowden, a professional dancer on Strictly Come Dancing, has stated that she was harassed online for getting her Covid vaccine early.The 30-year-old has Crohn’s disease, which made her eligible to receive the vaccine before the majority of her age group.Amy, who has been dancing on the BBC show since 2017, has had the disease since she was 11 years old but wasn’t diagnosed until
- The teenager was last seen at a property on Mackay Court at Tinbeerwah, Queensland, at 3pm on Saturday. Police said they held serious concerns for her welfare
- David Collins, geography teacher and assistant head at Chestnut Grove Academy in Balham, London, told a class that Niger should not be confused with the N-word, which he spoke aloud.
- KATIE HIND: On the coat-tails of his waistcoat becoming England's most-talked-about fashion item after the last World Cup, Gareth Southgate's touchline outfit has prompted chatter again.
- Sherrie Hewson claimed she was sexually assaulted by a famous film director (Picture: WireImage)Sherrie Hewson has claimed she was sexually assaulted by a famous film director at the beginning of her career, with her attacker blocking her from securing a role.The Benidorm actress, 70, opened up about the terrifying moment she was ‘attacked while trying to sleep’.She explained that she was just 21 at the time, when the ‘very famous’ star offered to drive herself and three
- Twitch users have reportedly been banned over ASMR Meta streams (Picture: Twitch)Twitch bosses have banned a string of users over their ASMR Meta streams, it has been claimed.Users including Amouranth and Indiefoxx have reportedly been axed from the platform over the new trend, which has seen some users uploading videos as they licked an ASMR microphone, while posing in leggings.Some have filmed the clips in return for subscribers and donations – however it has been suggested that the new
- The one-year-old girl was taken late on Saturday night from her Brisbane home by a man and driven in a white Suzuki sedan across the NSW border.
- via bbc.co.ukIsrael says Ebrahim Raisi has nuclear ambitions and is Iran's most extremist president yet.
- On Wednesday, 800 staff from businesses including easyJet, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways and the holiday giant TUI will march on College Green in Westminster.
- EXCLUSIVE: James Sunderland (pictured), who represents Bracknell in Berkshire, said pupils 'need to be children again after a miserable 16 months'.
- The ground-breaking UK drama depicts the stark reality of a prisoner's struggle to cope in a jail riddled with gangs and violence. Pictured: Sean Bean.
- Attiah, 35, will be writing on 'race, international affairs, culture, and human rights' for the Post's new Voices Across America initiative, the newspaper said in a statement on Thursday.
- It is all very well to continue taking seats from Labour in the North. But there is no point in doing so if the Tories start losing in the South. Always remember your base, Boris.
- via mirror.co.ukAuthor Kevin Cook claims there is evidence the doomed crew of NASA's Challenger space shuttle survived the initial explosion which took place 73 seconds after take-off
- Danny was calm in the situation (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale star Danny Miller has stepped in to help save the life of a man suffering PTSD, who was preparing to jump from a bridge.
The young man was suicidal when the actor, who plays Aaron Dingle in the soap, approached him and talked him down, sharing his own experiences of his mental health.
It is believed that Danny shared his number with the man, who told him that he had saved his life.
He was since taken to hospital as emergency services arrive
- Stacey Solomon’s son Rex is finally out of hospital (Picture: Instagram @staceysolomon)Stacey Solomon has revealed that her son Rex is finally home from the hospital after his nightmare fall last weekend that resulted in sleepless nights spent in hospital.Stacey – who is pregnant with her second child with Joe, and has sons Zach, 13, and Leighton, nine, from previous relationships – had admitted it has been one of her ‘most emotional weeks’.The Loose Women pres
- via mirror.co.ukOlivia Alkir was just 17-years-old when her life was ended by two young drivers racing each other, with Edward Ryan Bell crashing his vehicle into a Mercedes at 80mph the day after he passed his test
- A village has been rocked by two deaths hours apart (Picture: Ashley Kirk/@padsequestrian/Instagram)A young woman whose friends called her ‘the life of the party’ has died in what may have been a murder-suicide.Horse riding enthusiast Gracie Spinks, 23, was found dead in a field near the Derbyshire village of Duckmanton on Friday shortly after 8am.
Later that morning the body of a 30-year-old man was discovered half a mile away on a nearby field.Police believe the incidents are linke
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!