- More than 31.7million over-18s have already had both doses, while 43.4million - or 82.5 per cent - have had their first jab, official statistics show.
- Contestant Dean decided to ‘go big’ while on the show (Picture: BBC/Hungry Bear/ Gary Moyes/Matt Burlem)Contestant Dean took a massive gamble on Saturday’s episode of Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel, which saw him walk away from the BBC gameshow with a jackpot win of £82,000.The primary school teacher had been first up from the contestant wheel on to the studio floor to play for a potentially hefty cash sum with the help of the episode’s celebrity experts.Saturda
- Clifford the Big Red Dog is no longer coming to cinemas this September (Picture: Paramount Pictures)Clifford the Big Red Dog’s planned theatrical release has been cancelled due to concerns over a surge in Covid-19 cases due to the Delta variant.The Paramount film, based on Norman Bridwell’s beloved children’s book series about a 10-foot-tall red dog and his owner, was set to hit cinemas on September 17.Deadline reports that the studio is now searching for a new US release date,
- A proposal to build a prison in Albania to house foreign offenders in British jailes was 'welcomed' at a bilateral meeting between UK Ministers and Albania's justice secretary last week.
- The rider was arrested after colliding with the officer in Willesden, North London, at around 1pm. He had been ordered to stop but police say he failed to do so. Pictured: File photo.
‘Why can Man Utd sign Raphael Varane and we can’t?’ – Jose Enrique slams Liverpool’s lack of transfer ambitionLiverpool have made just one signing this summer (Picture: Getty)Former Liverpool defender Jose Enrique has questioned the club’s lack of transfer activity, concerned the club have been left behind the likes of their arch-rivals Manchester United.The Reds moved quickly to agree a deal to sign Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig back in May but he remains their only major signing the summer.The club have also lost influential midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum in that time and while there is still
- The Duchess of Sussex has not publicly revealed how she will mark her big day, but many think she will be spending it friends and family
Love Island 2021: Lillie Haynes says she and Liam Reardon ‘were like a couple’ in Casa Amor despite Millie Court couplingMillie Court was left shocked to hear that Liam Reardon had been getting close to Lillie Haynes (Picture: ITV)Love Island star Lillie Haynes has spoken out about her connection with Liam Reardon in Casa Amor, revealing they were ‘like a couple’ despite him being in a strong couple with Millie Court.Fans were left completely unimpressed as Liam got cosy with Lillie while he was away in Casa Amor, sharing a bed with her and kissing her outside of challenges, while Millie stayed loyal t
- Alex Scott spoke out after being criticised by the former House of Lords member (Picture: Getty)Alex Scott has hit back in the best way after being mocked for her East London accent by a former House Of Lords member.The Arsenal legend, who’s been widely praised for her punditry, was back presenting on the BBC after Lord Digby Jones criticised her for dropping her g’s.He tweeted: ‘Enough! I can’t stand it anymore! Alex Scott spoils a good presentational job on the BBC Olym
- The Metropolitan Police said officers were called to The Cause nightclub in Tottenham, shortly after 3am this morning following a number of people becoming unwell.
- Ben Elliot, 45, introduced super-rich clients from his company Quintessentially to the Prince of Walesafter they paid his company tens of thousands of pounds.
Gabby Thomas (Rosie Bentham) is left fearing for her life in upcoming Emmerdale scenes, when she hears someone lurking about in Home Farm.
The mainstay of the ITV soap is spooked when a loud bang comes from the living room, when she thought the house to be empty.
She calls out to see if it groundsman Will Taylor (Dean Andrews) is responsible for the sound, but upon receiving no re
Aadi Alahan (Adam Hussain) takes a chance on love in upcoming Coronation Street scenes, as he asks Summer Spellman (Harriet Bibby) out.The young lad opens up to Summer about how he feels next week, explaining that if anything happened to her, he’d be sad.
Summer reciprocates those feelings, but Aadi panics and makes a swift exit, leaving Summer somewhat confused!In need of help, A
- Once inside Downing Street in London, Sir Lynton Crosby headed instead to Rishi Sunak's flat, where the men had what aides describe as 'a quick catch-up'.
- Curtis Crosland, 60, was released from prison Thursday after serving more than 30 years behind bars for a 1984 murder after witnesses recanted.
- Before Princess Eugenie moved into Prince Harry and Meghan's old home, very little was ever seen of Frogmore Cottage, a property with rich royal history
- Maternity staff across the NHS are also putting their patients in danger of suffering premature or stillbirths with unfounded scare stories about the jabs, medics say.
- The gripping story of how, in 1962, a group of students dug a tunnel under the Berlin Wall to help 29 people escape East Germany was turned into a nerve-jangling BBC podcast.
- The former UK Health Secretary is understood to be in regular contact with Ms Coladangelo - but they are not yet living together.
- Starting family life in the glare of the Downing Street spotlight while carrying the burden of the highest office in the land was never going to be easy.
- Accounts published as Mrs Cameron was at Goodwood Ladies Day drinking champagne with stepfather Viscount Astor raise questions about why the company needed to make furlough claims.
- The 35-year-old, who is a brand ambassador for Casamigos tequila, was pictured with former Glamour magazine editor and fashion ambassador Maria Buccellati.
- Ministers agreed in principle a new 'amber watch list' which could mean amber countries go straight to red. MPs called for a guarantee tourists would not have to quarantine in this case.
- Disaster strikes (Pictures: BBC)Love was in the air in tonight’s Casualty, as the scene was set for Fenisha (Olivia D’Lima) and Ethan (George Rainsford)’s wedding. But with the guests all assembling, the bride and groom were nowhere to be seen.Ethan hadn’t been able to resist going to find out the latest news about his Huntington’s and how it might affect his future. Fenisha wanted him to wait until after the wedding, but he decided to go anyway.Fenisha had stayed a
- Sources close to the BBC's creative diversity director, 44, confirmed that she earns between £5,000 and £6,000 per corporate event, meaning she earned at least £30,000 in just two months.
- Teddy Soares revealed his royal roots (Picture: ITV/REX/Shutterstock)Love Island has cast everyone from social media influencers and and models to boxers and former boyband members – but we’ve now had our first royal.Teddy Soares has suddenly revealed he used to be a prince, leaving the other islanders stunned.Chatting to his pals in the main villa before he headed to Casa Amor, Teddy explained that he’s half Nigerian and opened up about his roots.‘I’m going to say
- James Esses, 29, is now taking legal action against the Metanoia Institute in West London, where he was studying for a Masters in psychotherapy, after he was told to leave the course over his views.
- Margaret Thatcher, Britain's first female Prime Minister who changed the face of UK politics, united with Ronald Reagan in their devotion to victorious wartime leader Winston Churchill.
Government watchdog calls for review of foreign CCTV technology in Whitehall after Matt Hancock leakFraser Sampson, the Biometrics and Surveillance Camera Commissioner, has written to the British Government's Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove
- Carrie Johnson announces she is pregnant, having suffered a miscarriage early on in the year - and Twitter springs to life like a putrefying zombie, writes SARAH VINE.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!