- Don Marcelino Abad Tolentino, 121, from Chaglla, Peru, is believed to be the oldest person in the Peruvian region of Huanuco to be vaccinated against coronavirus.
- Michael Essien believes Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea will win the Premier League next season (Pictures: Getty)Michael Essien has backed Chelsea to win the Premier League title next season under Thomas Tuchel.The Blues have enjoyed a superb second-half to the 2020-21 campaign, reaching the Champions League and FA Cup finals and climbing to third in the table.Chelsea were just ninth when Tuchel replaced club legend Frank Lampard in the Stamford Bridge hot-seat but the former PSG and Borussia Dort
- A hero police officer who was left fighting for survival after being poisoned investigating the Salisbury Novichok attack is suing his former force in the High Court.
- Andrew Marr was hit with criticism from some for his comments (Picture: Rex)The BBC has been hit with complaints following remarks made by Andrew Marr about Prince Philip’s funeral.On the April 18 edition of his BBC One show the presenter made a series of ‘off the cuff’ comments about the death of the Duke of Edinburgh which attracted viewer criticism.Speaking the morning after during the paper review section of the show, Andrew said: ‘I say to anyone who is not intereste
- Thomas Tuchel has some plans for the summer (Picture: Getty Images)Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has spoken somewhat cryptically about his transfer plans for the summer, saying he has some ideas, but will not fight with the board about them.The German has had a monumental impact at Stamford Bridge since replacing Frank Lampard in January, guiding the Blues to the finals of the Champions League and FA Cup, while also climbing the Premier League table into the top four.Tuchel only signed an initia
Alastair Campbell accidentally announced that Queen Elizabeth II had died on today’s episode of Good Morning Britain. It goes without saying that the Queen, who is 95, is very much alive.The presenter, who is hosting the ITV daytime show alongside Susanna Reid for Mental Health Awareness week, was interviewing guest Vinnie Jones when he made the mother of all blunders.A few minute
- In a sweet video posted to her Instagram, British mum Caroline plays with her baby daughter on a beach - weeks later she was tortured to death in a "barbaric" burglary in Greece
Manchester United should be docked six points for fielding ‘B team’ vs Leicester City, says Trevor SinclairOle Gunnar Solskjaer made 10 changes for Manchester United’s clash with Leicester City (AP)Manchester United should be docked six points for fielding their ‘B team’ against Leicester City, according to former Manchester City and England midfielder Trevor Sinclair.United have a congested fixture schedule after their Premier League match against Liverpool was postponed due to supporter protests outside Old Trafford on May 2.The match against Jurgen Klopp’s side has been rea
- Lady Lavinia Nourse, 77, denies 17 counts of sexually abusing a boy under the age of 12 (Picture: PA)The widow of a High Court judge is on trial accused of the sexual abuse of a young boy in the 1980s.Lady Lavinia Nourse denies 17 counts of sexually abusing a boy under the age of 12 around 40 years ago.The 77-year-old, of Newmarket in Suffolk, was married to Sir Martin Nourse, who died in 2017 at the age of 85.She is currently on trial at Peterborough’s Nightingale court, in the Knight&rsq
- The teenager played for just over an hour in Tuesday’s defeat (Pictures: Getty Images)Anthony Elanga says it was ‘a dream come true’ to make his Manchester United debut despite losing to Leicester City, while teammate Nemanja Matic praised the youngster for doing an ‘amazing job’.Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made 10 changes for Tuesday’s Premier League clash with Leicester at Old Trafford, with the Norwegian having to rotate his squad in the midst of a run of four gam
- Asad Malik told customers he was parking their cars somewhere secure (Pictures: Sussex News and Pictures)A parking scammer who dumped customers’ cars in fields and on street corners has been ordered to pay back £184,000. Asad Malik, 40, was jailed in April 2019 for conning holiday makers at Gatwick Airport out of almost £1 million. Now, he must pay some of that money back to his victims or face returning to prison.
Malik tricked people into giving him money to park their c
- The more I talked, the more I understood that so many people struggle with their mental health (Picture: metro.co.uk)I first suffered from anxiety when I was 21. I remember being so scared that I was dying because I had terrible insomnia, was constantly exhausted and would get excruciating stomach aches. On top of that I’d often feel panicked and fearful, but have no idea why.Eventually, after living like that for about a year, I burst into tears in front of my mum and all my feeling
- Colin is dad to 17-year-old James (Picture: Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)Colin Farrell and his former girlfriend have filed for conservatorship of their eldest son.The Irish actor and model Kim Bordenave have requested to be co-conservators of the person for James Farrell ahead of his 18th birthday later this year, which would allow them to manage his personal needs, including medical decisions.Their son James suffers from Angelman Syndrome, which, according to the pair’s court petition, is
- Wobbles is nearly 92 in cat years (Picture: RSPCA)Elderly cat Wobbles is getting on a bit.
The black cat will turn 19 in July – or 92 in cat years – and is seeking a home to move into before then, where he’ll be loved and comfortable for his final years.
For now, he’s in RSPCA care, since he was taken in back in April, when his previous owner moved to new accommodation where the cat wasn’t allowed to live.
Staff at Stubbington Ark, run by the RSPCA Solent branch, we
- Ashleigh Kirkwood, 27, was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum when she waspregnantin 2013 and was being sick throughout the entire nine months
Alastair Campbell and Susanna Reid locked horns just minutes after they arrived to present today’s episode of Good Morning Britain.The duo, who are fronting the ITV daytime programme together for the last time this Wednesday, kicked off the show by debating whether or not it’s rude to call people by their surname.‘I think calling someone by their surname is rude,&rsquo
- With no sign of the UK adding Spain to its 'green list' of destinations, travellers will still have to self-isolate for ten days when they get home and at least two PCR tests.
- A frightening map shows how a single Covid-19 case in Melbourne may have already spread the virus across the city.
House that offers the best of both worlds – as it’s in the woods but has stunning sea views – on sale for £1.5millionMaenvale sits in the midst of a wooded valley, but has views of the sea, too (Picture: LillicrapChilcott/BNPS)Okay, so let’s say you’re ready to ditch city life.
Now, it’s time to dither over where you want to go. Do you want to be by the sea? Up in the countryside? In a cabin in the woods?
If you’ve got £1.5million handy, this house could mean you don’t have to choose.
Behold Maenvale, a luxury lodge house that has the best of both worlds.
The rustic property
Alastair Campbell has revealed his daughter rejected Dua Lipa in the school playground as he returned to present Good Morning Britain today.The host, who is fronting the ITV daytime programme alongside Susanna Reid during Mental Health Awareness week, was discussing last night’s Brit Awards when he shared the anecdote.‘She went to school with my daughter,’ Alastair sai
- AFL Players Association president Patrick Dangerfield, 31, said footy stars are 'dealing with d**kheads' when they go out, and that he sympathises with Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli.
- Gabby’s comeuppance, Liv’s shock move and Kim’s poisoning drama are just a few reasons why Emmerdale is not to be missed next week Picture: ITV)Kim Tate’s (Claire King) health crisis reaches something of a dramatic peak in Emmerdale next week.The ITV soap mainstay struggles to locate her diary, prompting Gabby Thomas (Rosie Bentham) to return it to her. As her health gets worse, however, she makes a huge decision and calls the doctor to find out if she really has dementia
- Anton Ferdinand describes himself as one of the lucky ones following his battles with mental health issues (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Each day this week on Metro.co.uk, a guest editor has been assigned to take over a section of the website and I feel privileged to be taking control of our Mental Health Awareness Week content on the sports desk today.There are a few reasons why I wanted to get involved.
I’ve had my own issues with mental health. It took me a long time to even realise and acknowl
- Owen J Hurcum is now also the youngest mayor to ever be elected in Wales (Picture: Wales News)A university graduate has been elected as what is thought to be the world’s first openly non-binary city mayor.Owen J Hurcum, who won their election by an overwhelming majority in Bangor, Wales, is also Wales’ youngest ever mayor at the age of 22.They tweeted on Monday evening: ‘When I came out two years ago I was so worried I’d be ostracised by my community or worse.‘Today
- Ofcom will be given tougher powers to regulate the sector under a new Online Safety Bill, amid mounting fears over harmful content on the web
- Owen J Hurcum is also now the youngest mayor to ever be elected in Wales (Picture: Wales News)A university graduate has been elected as what is thought to be the world’s first openly non-binary city mayor.Owen J Hurcum, who won their election by an overwhelming majority in Bangor, Wales, is also Wales’ youngest ever mayor at the age of 22.They tweeted on Monday evening: ‘When I came out two years ago I was so worried I’d be ostracised by my community or worse.‘Today
Brits 2021: Taylor Swift fans left fuming at Jack Whitehall’s Kanye West joke while receiving Global Icon awardTaylor’s fans weren’t impressed was the gag during Tuesday’s ceremony (Picture: David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images)Taylor Swift made history last night after becoming the first woman to win the Global Icon award at the Brits – but her fans weren’t happy with a Kanye West joke made by host Jack Whitehall.The presenter left her followers fuming after referencing the infamous feud between Taylor and Kanye, which stemmed from Kanye hijacking her VMA award speech b
- Feeling rough? These steps could help (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)With a good proportion of the UK vaccinated and strong plans to vaccinate more, things are looking hopeful for a steady decline in Covid-19 hospitalisation rates and deaths.
But we are not completely in the clear, without a cure, experts warn that coronavirus could be around for years.This makes it even more important to understand how to best manage these symptoms at home.I’ve grouped the common symptoms of Covid-19
- An unemployment rate under 5 per cent until a decade ago meant workers received decent pay rises. The Covid pandemic has shattered those old assumptions about wages.
- Maria Stretton took her six-year-old dog to the vet on Thursday after noticing he was ill. She had taken him around Centennial Park and the adjacent Queens Park and Moore Park in Sydney's east.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!