- Professor Chris Whitty said he expects doctors and care workers to take the vaccine voluntarily as they have a 'professional responsibility' to protect their patients from the risk of catching coronavirus.
- Happy British Pie Week (Picture: Pieminister)Happy British Pie Week everyone – may we all get the opportunity to give thanks to the glorious baked foodstuff at least once this week.If you want to make a celebratory pie from scratch, you could do a lot worse than Pieminister’s The Free Ranger pie.This tasty savoury bake is creamy, indulgent and chock-full of tasty ingredients.Taken from Pieminister’s cookbook ‘A Pie for All Seasons’, it’s the inspiration for th
- Photographer Scott Williams, 54, captured the rare moment while out walking in a park in Ayr, Scotland. Scott saw them fighting mid-air before they landed allowing him to capture the moment
- The alleged victim was ‘like a rabbit in headlights and very confused’ when he was found in 2018, police said (Picture: PA)A pensioner and his son are accused of human trafficking offences after a man was found in a 6ft shed where he had allegedly lived for 40 years.The alleged victim, 58, was discovered with a soiled duvet in a decrepit green shed in Carlisle, Cumbria in October 2018.Police believe he had been kept in the small shed since he was around 16 years old.Officers rai
- Buckingham Palace was today braced for a third video clip of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey after CBS announced it would be released this afternoon.
- Meghan's supporters in the media as well as colleagues from her time on Suits with the show's executive producer Jon Cowan calling her a 'warm, kind, caring person'.
- The reaction to the Moderna vaccine is temporary and people should still get their second jabs, doctors have said (Pictures: Blumenthal et al/NEJM)The Moderna Covid-19 vaccine is causing some people to suffer small rashes which are itchy and painful up to 11 days after getting the jab.
Experts in the US say there have been 12 cases where people who have been injected with their first dose of the vaccine have a skin reaction appear in the area where they received it.It was revealed by researchers
- Scientists found evidence of Covid patients suffering restricted blood capillaries to the brain (Getty Images)The longer-term effects of the coronavirus are still yet to be fully understood, but scientists have uncovered a worrying possibility surrounding its effect on the brain.
Some suffers of long Covid have complained of a so-called ‘brain fog’ side effect.This occurs when, along with a persistent cough and high temperature, infected people experience delirium, fatigue, short-ter
- This is the moment a delivery man saw his $40,000 Lexus IS300 creep up a driveway on its own before mounting a flower bed in San Bernardino, California.
Buffy star Charisma Carpenter reveals post detailing Joss Whedon abuse allegations was ‘call to action’Charisma Carpenter revealed her post detailing allegations against Joss Whedon (Picture: Getty)Charisma Carpenter has described her recent social media post detailing abuse allegations against Joss Whedon as a ‘call to action’.The Buffy The Vampire actress, who starred as Cordelia Chase on the fantasy series, came forward with a statement last month, accusing the show creator of ‘creating a hostile and toxic work environment’.Recalling her experiences on set in a can
- It didn’t quite get as popular as Magic: The Gathering (Pic: Steam)Dota 2’s card game spin-off Artifact was meant to be rebooted, but Valve has instead shut down the beta and made the game free for everyone.Remember how EA and BioWare promised to reinvent Anthem after its rough launch and bring it back as an improved experience only to end up cancelling it altogether? Well, a similar situation has happened with Valve’s Artifact.A spin-off of the multiplayer online battle arena
- Sydney LGBTQI rights protesters will march along Oxford Street while the city's Mardi Gras is held elsewhere after NSW Health granted organisers an exemption from gathering restrictions.
- Grealish will likely miss the Wolves game (Picture: Danehouse/Getty)Dean Smith all but ruled Jack Grealish out of Aston Villa’s weekend clash with Midlands rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers, although insisted the playmaker is ‘doing better’.
Grealish has not featured for Villa since a 0-0 draw with Brighton on February 13, missing defeats to Leicester and Sheffield United and a win over Leeds.
Smith has been coy over the exact leg issue facing the England international but it&rsqu
- Natalie has lost chunks of her memory (Picture: PA Real Life)A mum had a terrifying experience meningitis when she was 10 – and it’s left her with such bad memory loss that she can’t remember her own wedding.As a result of her former illness, she’s forgotten chunks of her life including her own childhood memories, meeting her husband and her two daughters’ first steps.Natalie Bamford, 36, from Derbyshire, contracted the more dangerous bacterial form of meningitis as
- via mirror.co.ukThe man was widely criticised online after the incident in Baraque Michel, Belgium, last year, with footage appearing to show him sticking his knee towards the child
Line of Duty series 6 spoilers: Adrian Dunbar confirms ‘shocking’ opening moments and spills juiciest new info yet – we’re already on edgeLine of Duty’s opening scenes have us on edge (Picture: BBC/World Productions)Line of Duty’s long-awaited return for season six is a total game-changer, according to Adrian Dunbar and Vicky McClure, who have warned episode one kicks off with a huge shock. It’s been two years since the season five finale dropped the huge revelation that H is made up of four crooks, with AC-12 on the hunt for the final criminal who walks among them. Tonight, Vicky and Adrian – who
- Fans were so eager to watch the finale of WandaVision that Disney Plus crashed (Picture: Disney Plus/TNS)Some viewers of WandaVision were left frustrated as the high demand for the final episode caused Disney Plus to crash. The streaming service was overwhelmed with demand for the finale episode meaning many were unable to access Disney Plus temporarily. So many had tuned in to see how the story of the charmed married life of Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany) i
- Representatives from the NSW Department of Education, Association of Independent Schools and Catholic Schools NSW sat down with police to address sexual violence at schools.
The endless search for extra-terrestrial life may have received a boost in the form of a rocky, volcanic exoplanet called Gliese 486b.The distant world is orbiting a red dwarf star 26 light years away from Earth and has been the subject of a study from astronomers at the Max-Planck Institute in the US.
Gliese 486b is – so far – the only planet detected orbiting this particula
- Lisa’s transformation (Picture: PA Real Life)A woman who ate a family bag of chocolates every night has undergone an incredible weight loss transformation and is now set to run a half marathon.Lisa Hodson would frequently munch on biscuits and snacks on-the-go and eat the same portion sizes as her 5ft 10 runner husband.At her heaviest, Lisa weighed 20st 6lbs – but a photograph of herself at her husband’s birthday made the Blackpool-based schoolteacher realise she wanted to chan
- Armenia has been competing a Eurovision since 2006 (Picture: Vyacheslav ProkofyevTASS via Getty Images)Armenia has pulled out of the Eurovision Song Contest.The nation had confirmed its participation in the 2021 contest, after the event’s cancellation due to the pandemic last year meant that Athena Manoukian could not compete.However, Armenia’s public broadcaster AMPTV has now withdrawn from the contest, saying that their proper participation is ‘impossible’.A statement r
- Liverpool’s lack of a creative edge cost them again against Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Jamie Carragher says Liverpool are missing a traditional no10 in their side following Thursday’s defeat to Chelsea.Liverpool fell to their fifth consecutive home defeat thanks to Mason Mount’s winner with Jurgen Klopp’s side now four points off the top four.The Premier League champions have scored just one goal in their last six games on Merseyside with their inability to breakdown the opp
- The Covid Symptom Study found that daily cases are down 15 per cent from last week, to around 8,111 per day across the UK, with expert blaming the 'cold snap' for hampering lockdown efforts.
- My five nieces and nephews are my world (Picture: Destiny Wade)When I had abnormal bleeding after sex with my then-partner in February 2020, I wasn’t too worried. I thought if anything were to be wrong, it would be picked up in my cervical screening, which was booked for the following month. I’d had the HPV vaccine when I was 14 but knew I still needed to be screened every three years from the age of 25.But when lockdown hit, I was informed by the GP receptionist that &lsqu
- via mirror.co.ukThe five-bedroom property boasts luxury ensuites, a private woodland and even a cinema room while also being close to the picturesque seaside in Merseyside
Apartment in the gothic building where the Spice Girls shot the music video for Wannabe is up for sale for £11.5millionFancy recreating the Wannabe video on repeat? (Picture: MediaDrumWorld)Did you watch the Spice Girls’ iconic music video for Wannabe and think: ‘I want to live there’?
Well, now you can… if you have £11.5million handy.
An apartment in the gothic building where the girl group filmed the video is officially up for sale – and it’s just as fancy as you remember.
St Pancras Chambers Penthouse Apartment in London is a Grade I listed building that was designed
- Harry Potter could be adding a ninth film to its movie franchise (Picture: Warner Bros)Could there be a ninth Harry Potter film in the works?Well, Warner Bros CEO Jack Kilar set the wizarding rumour mill off as he hinted at a potential sequel in the movie franchise, based on JK Rowling’s beloved books, The Hollywood Reporter reports.During a virtual appearance at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media and Telecommunications Conference, Kilar said: ‘There’s this little thing calle
- A Melbourne economist has warned that up to 250,000 Australians could lose their jobs when the taxpayer-funded JobKeeper program ends this month.
- Cole is a big admirer of Mount (Picture: AFP via Getty)Ashley Cole is a big admirer of Mason Mount and believes the midfielder has become Chelsea’s ‘best player’.Mount was the match winner on Thursday night as his well crafted goal was enough to beat Liverpool and help Thomas Tuchel’s side climb into the top-four.
It was another high-energy and quality performance from the 22-year-old, who has won over new boss Tuchel having previously earned the trust of former manager F
- Germany's Covid outbreak will 'soon' become more difficult to control as the more-infectious and deadlier UK variant become the dominant strain, the country's top virus institute has warned.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!