- New South Wales has recorded 210 locally acquired Covid cases overnight.
- Victorian residents are enduring delays up of to 10 minutes to speak to either police, fire or ambulance crews as demand has rapidly increased during the state's Covid lockdown.
- The blast shook the building in the city of Gothenburg at 5am, sending terrified resident fleeing to the exits as others were forced to clamber onto the balconies of neighbouring flats.
- Surrey Police said the woman was struck by multiple vehicles on the A331 near Ash Bridge at Tongham at 12.03am on Tuesday, with a witness reporting seeing damaged vehicles at the scene
- Instagram has hit pause on producing a version of its app designed specifically for tweens (Getty)Instagram is ‘pausing’ its plans to build a version of the social media platform aimed at younger users, boss Adam Mosseri has announced, amid ongoing concerns about child online safety.In a series of tweets, Mr Mosseri said the project had leaked before concrete plans were ready and meant the company was unable to properly address concerns raised in some quarters, adding that Instagram
- Sakoda (left) appeared alongside Akio and Tajiri (Picture: WWE)Former WWE star Ryan Sakoda has died aged 48.The wrestler – who appeared on SmackDown alongside Akio and Tajira from 2003 to 2004 and had recently been working at Disney’s Grand California Hotel before his death – died earlier this month on September 2.An obituary listed on Fukui Mortuary’s website reads: ‘Ryan Keiji Sakoda, age 48, passed away on September 2, 2021.‘Beloved son of Ronney and C
- Motoring association the RAC warned that the situation could worsen as retailers pass on the cost of rising wholesale prices and in opportunistic retailers cash in on panic-buyers
- Britney Spears has spoken out amid claims her father, Jamie, secretly recorded her (Picture: Getty; AP)Britney Spears has spoken out in the wake of the latest documentary about her conservatorship, revealing she wants to ‘dissociate herself from the drama’.The singer took to Instagram after the footage aired, in which it was alleged that her dad, Jamie Spears, covertly monitored the singer during her conservatorship.In the latest documentary about the case, Controlling Britney Spears
- Mel has died aged 35 (Picture: YouTube)Popular YouTuber and makeup artist Mel Thompson has died aged 35, her husband has confirmed.The online star died on Sunday, September 26, with her cause of death yet to be announced.Puffin Thompson confirmed the news on his wife’s Instagram account, which had nearly 58,000 followers, and shared pictures of them together, with their four children, and their friends.He wrote: ‘Mel sadly passed away yesterday. It’s really hard to just choose
- Meteorologists say Australia's six month-long severe weather season has begun, with flooding in parts of Victoria and NSW tomorrow, adding that three states will be battered this week.
- The dramatic incident unfolded in Welling, south-east London on Monday amid shortages of fuel across the country - sending people into crisis mode
- Liverpool star Trent Alexander-Arnold will not feature against Porto (Picture: Getty)Jurgen Klopp will be without Trent Alexander-Arnold for Liverpool’s Champions League group-stage clash with Porto.Alexander-Arnold recovered from illness to play the full 90 minutes of Liverpool’s thrilling 3-3 draw with Brentford, but was not included in the club’s squad which flew out to Portugal on Monday.
The reason for the England full-back’s absence remains unclear and Klopp will li
- Louis Watkiss is believed to have been hit by a skier while sledging down a slope (Picture: PA/SWNS)This is the first picture of a 12-year-old boy who was killed at an indoor ski slope on Friday.
Louis Watkiss suffered catastrophic injuries while sledging at the SnowDome in Tamworth, Staffordshire at around 6.40pm.Paramedics were rushed over to the site, but despite their attempts to save him, the boy was pronounced dead at the scene.
It is understood Louis collided with a skier while sledging d
Russell Kane took aim at drivers’ panic buying petrol on todays’ Good Morning Britain as the fuel crisis continues.The army has been put on standby in preparation for possible deployment, ministers have confirmed, after days of long queues outside forecourts across the country as pumps ran dry.Presenters Susanna Reid and Alistair Campbell debated whether drivers had been &lsq
- Carole Middleton, mum to Kate Middleton, says he came up with the idea for her Party Pieces business when her oldest daughter Kate was about to celebrate her fifth birthday
- A shock showdown and a huge war make for an interesting week in Hollyoaks (Picture: Lime Pictures)War is waged between some of Hollyoaks’ finest next week, while others are made to apologise for their wrongdoings.
Cindy Cunningham (Stephanie Waring) discovers Luke Morgan (Gary Lucy) has gambled away all of his inheritance money!
His risk pays off, however, and he sees it as a victory, but Cindy does not! Luke cannot understand why Cindy doesn’t react in the way he’d hoped, and
- Donna and Fletch discover Jeni turning up to work as if nothing has happened (Pictures: BBC)After discovering that Jeni Sinclaire (Debra Stephenson) had got their daughters involved in her sex parties in last week’s Holby City, Donna (Jaye Jacobs) and Fletch (Alex Walkinshaw) have reported her to Hanssen and to the police. At the start of tonight’s episode they’re hoping that she’s already been arrested – but when she appears for work as usual, Fletch and Donna are
- Shelton and Cedric are back in business (Picture: WWE)WWE Raw delighted fans as the Hurt Business reunited to target Big E and The New Day.MVP may be out injured, but Bobby Lashley had back up this week as Shelton Benjamin and Cedric Alexander made an impact throughout the night and gave viewers what they wanted months after the hugely popular group was bafflingly split up.The show kicked off with the All Mighty getting a WWE Title match against new champion Big E, and the two heavyweights deliv
- Skylah-Lee was in the car with her father Samuel on Cadbury Rd in Claremont, in Hobart's northern suburbs, on September 21 when their vehicle broke down.
‘Nervous’ Takehiro Tomiyasu thanks Arsenal teammate Martin Odegaard for pre-match pep talk before debutThe Japan international has made a very good start to his Arsenal career (Picture: Getty)Arsenal defender Takehiro Tomiyasu has credited fellow summer signing Martin Odegaard for helping to settle his nerves ahead of his debut for the Gunners against Norwich.The Japan international has made an impressive start to his career in north London, slotting in seamlessly at right-back and winning three Premier League games on the bounce – keeping two clean sheets in the process.He gave another exc
- Loucas Louca, a 64-year-old Melbourne pensioner has pleaded guilty to scamming $129,952.40 dollars out of three people, including one man who spent his whole insurance payout on fake gold bars.
Britney Spears’s legal team reacts to ‘deeply disturbing’ allegations father Jamie spied on her: ‘He has crossed unfathomable lines’Britney’s legal team has branded the allegations that Jamie monitored her ‘deeply disturbing’ (Picture: Getty)Britney Spears’ father, Jamie Spears, has been accused of crossing ‘unfathomable lines’ after a documentary alleged the pop superstar was secretly recorded in her bedroom during her conservatorship.Controlling Britney Spears, which premiered on September 24 on FX and Hulu in the US, alleges the singer’s conversations with her two sons and boyfrie
- The Northern Line was packed at rush hour (Picture: Guy Bell/Rex/Shutterstock)Commuters are abandoning cars amid the petrol crisis and getting back on board trains, buses and the Tube instead.Passenger data yesterday showed a seven per cent increase in London Underground travel and a two per cent jump on bus trips in one week — both hitting a post-pandemic high.Rail passenger numbers — already at two-thirds of 2019 levels before the fuel chaos — leapt another six per cent in th
- With summer well and truly over, western Scotland, Wales and north-west England are expected to be the wettest areas with the rain moving eastwards throughout the day.
- Learner drivers across Victoria can now complete their hazard perception test remotely. The move has angered many, who believe some young new drivers could cheat the system.
- Motorists reported queues at 11pm, 3am and 5.30am across the UK as the Government was accused of being 'asleep at the wheel' and questioned claims within Whitehall the crisis will be over soon.
Frances McDormand pays tribute to ‘best friend’ as Nomadland star Melissa Yandell Smith dies aged 64https://www.instagram.com/p/CTnDKrtNRIV/?utm_source=ig_embed
Nomadland star Melissa Yandell Smith has died aged 64 after a battle with colon cancer.An obituary in the New York Times confirmed that Smith died on September 7 at her home in San Francisco, surrounded by her husband, son, brother and friends.Smith’s first and last film credit was in last year’s Oscar-winning drama Nomadland, in which she played Frances McDormand’s character Fern’s sister Dolly.In a poignant sc
- The Government is taking over the running of railway operator Southeastern after a £25 million breach of its franchise agreement.
In a statement on Twitter, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said: ‘Investigations have identified a serious breach of good faith by Southeastern.‘To protect taxpayers’ interests and passengers I have ordered the Operator of Last Resort to urgently take over the running of rail services in the South East.’
Mr Shapps said over £25m of
- Southeastern trains failed to pay the government £25m it owed in tax ( Picture: ErithJohn)Southeastern trains will be taken over by Government after a probe discovered that millions of pounds of taxpayers’ cash had gone undeclared.Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said that £25m of historic payments due to the Department had not been paid since 2014.
He described this as a ‘significant breach of the franchise agreement’.
Fares, tickets and services will be unchanged
- Imposter syndrome creates a fear that someone will see behind the mask (Picture: Getty)It’s easy to listen to the voice in your head.‘You shouldn’t be here.’‘You aren’t good enough.’‘You are two minutes away from being fired.’The lies we tell ourselves can quickly become truths, and the supposed fraud takes hold.In most cases, this feeling is a classic manifestation of imposter syndrome.Imposter syndrome, also known as perceived fraudulence,
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!