- Public Health England (PHE) data reveals 23.4 cases are now diagnosed for every 100,000 people aged between 40 and 49 - up from 12.4 at the end of August.
- Tracksuits are fashion now, haven’t you heard? (Picture: Ninety Percent/Cos/& Other Stories/Metro.co.uk)The nights are drawing in, the temperature’s dropping and oh fun, there’s potentially another lockdown on the way!
That means only one thing (sartorially, at least): it’s in with the leisurewear and out with jeans.
But rather than slouching around in threads made by slave labour and virgin materials, why not ensure that your winter uniform is sustainable and ethical
Thank God Sir David Attenborough beat Jennifer Aniston to Instagram record, and not some random influencerSir David Attenborough smashed Instagram records this weekI know this may peeve off a bevvy of Instagram models who are reading this from some lockdown tropical holiday (wear a mask), but I am really bloody happy Sir David Attenborough was the one to beat Jennifer Aniston’s Instagram record, and not some random influencer.Yeah, I said what I said.Yesterday it was confirmed the 94-year-old legend was the one to push Friends star Jennifer, 51, off her post as the fastest to gain one million
- Little Mix are looking for the next big band…(Picture: BBC/Modest TV/Zoe McConnell)Little Mix were formed during the eighth series of The X Factor, after the four members – Jade Thirlwall, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Perrie Edwards – failed to make it through as soloists.That turned out to be one of the best ‘no’s the girls ever got – having since gone on to sell over 50 million records worldwide.They are now using their own experiences both with the
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich have split after seven months together (Picture: Rex/Getty)Demi Lovato’s ex Max Ehrich has claimed he ‘learned about his relationship status through tabloids’ after the pair’s split.The former couple split after seven months together, and two months after the Young and the Reckless star proposed.Breaking his silence on the break-up, the actor took to his Instagram Stories and wrote: ‘Imagine finding out to the status of your relationship t
- Elise Nelson, 35, of Paynesville, was charged Wednesday over the death of her daughter Kylie Larson, 13, on June 21.
- Rochelle Humes looked stunning as she showed off her baby bump (Picture: Instagram/@rochellehumes)Rochelle Humes has shown off her baby bump as she nears her due date, revealing she’s feeling ‘proud’ and ‘in awe’.The This Morning presenter is currently 37 weeks pregnant as she and her husband Marvin expect their third child.Taking to Instagram, Rochelle, 31, shared stunning photos of herself posing and cradling her baby bump.‘And just like that I’ve cook
Dec Donnelly’s back in touch with long-lost cousins he found on DNA Journey after ‘miscommunication’Declan Donnelly and his cousins are back in contact after losing touch following the show (Picture: ITV)Dec Donnelly is back in touch with the ‘billionaire’ long-lost cousins he met through ITV’s DNA Journey after they lost contact following the show. The I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here host, 44, had researched his family tree on the show and found out that he had Irish roots and more than a dozen cousins he didn’t know existed, who were living in th
- Britain's two biggest double glazing companies have been criticised for misleading customers or mis-selling them products. Everest and Anglian Windows were both told off for their actions
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer explains why he was annoyed with Marcus Rashford during Man Utd win over BrightonMarcus Rashford scored his first goal of the new season against Brighton (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer revealed he gave Marcus Rashford a ticking off during Manchester United’s win over Brighton but was delighted with the forward’s overall contribution in the dramatic win at the Amex Arena.The England international was criticised for a sluggish performance against Crystal Palace last weekend when he struggled to make an impact against a well drilled Eagles’ defence.With
- How can you take part in the ONS study requiring swab tests at home? (Picture: Getty)The Office for National Statistics (ONS) has partnered with the University of Oxford and IQVIA, formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc. for a new UK survey looking at Covid.As cases continue to climb across the country – with 38 areas including London added to the watch list this week and Cardiff and Swansea back in lockdown – the study will look at understanding how many people have the virus.
- Koby Dean Hamilton, 11, is Jones' son to Kerri-Anne Hamilton - the cricket star's well documented former mistress.
- A group of Black Lives Matter protesters were filmed in a tense confrontation with a Louisville storeowner after they pressed him to voice his support for the movement on Friday.
- Thiem practised with Djokovic on Saturday (Picture: Corbis via Getty)Dominic Thiem still views Rafael Nadal as the man to beat at the French Open but thinks the wet and cold conditions will boost Novak Djokovic’s chances of claiming a second title at Roland Garros.
Thiem, the world No. 3 from Austria with a one-handed backhand, is a two-time finalist on the clay courts of Paris and he rates his chances below former champions Djokovic and Nadal despite winning his first major title at the U
- From private jet to somebody’s living room in just a few feet (Picture: Peerspace)If you’ve seen a picture of an influencer frolicking in a private jet recently, it’s worth checking the photograph above.Because, far from a G6, they might actually be in a warehouse off the M4 (well, not quite, but still not a plane).Some influencers in the US have recently been exposed for renting a photo studio made to look like a private plane for their Instagram photos, and it’s a real
- Staff at the Donegal Hotel in Ireland launched the €2 offer which allows restaurant customers to dine inside under the country's new Covid rules
- Yagmur Asik, 27, is claimed to have paid a hitman £1million to murder former Turkish international Emre Asik, 46, after he found out she had been cheating on him with her lover Erdi Sungur
- (Picture: BBC)Jags Panesar is set to leave EastEnders in coming weeks as actor Amar Adatia has filmed his final, dramatic scenes on the BBC soap.
Pre-lockdown, the role of Jags was always planned to just see through the course of a specific storyline for the Panesar clan, with Actor Amar already signed up to star in a film.
Due to the soap shutting down, storylines were delayed and Amar returned to filming to shoot his last storyline on screen, which will play out over coming weeks as he finds h
- There have officially been 429,277 infections in the UK since the pandemic began (Picture: Getty Images/PA)A further 6,042 people in the UK have tested positive for coronavirus in the past 24 hours after a series of record breaking daily tolls.
Today’s figures from the Department of Health and Social care bring the official total number of infections since the infection began to 429,277.Another 34 people have died within 28 days of catching the disease, bringing the UK death toll to 41,971
- Russell Hill, 74, and Carol Clay, 73, went missing on a remote Victorian camping trip in March but crime journalist Adam Shand has revealed why he believes the couple could be alive.
- Will Mellor once put down a cat assuming it was his own pet (Picture: Getty)Will Mellor recalled the time he accidentally put down someone else’s cat, after mistaking the pet for his own.Yes, seriously.Appearing on an instalment of his podcast with Ralf Little, aptly named Two Pints with Will and Ralf, he explained they had kept the remains in an urn – without realising it wasn’t their moggy.Setting the scene, the 44-year-old told his pal they had two pedigree Bengal cats in th
- Police close Swansea wedding party and force guests to leave for breaking coronavirus rules. Guests crammed into Adelina's Bar and Kitchen last week. The venue has now been shut
- Coronavirus cases in the UK have hit their highest ever level for a Saturday at 6,042 in 24 hours, and 20 deaths in 24 hours.
- (Picture: North News & Pictures Ltd nort)A six-year-old girl has tragically died after being hit by a falling tree at a primary school in Newcastle.The child was taken to hospital from Gosforth Park First School in Newcastle-upon-Tyne shortly after 1pm on Friday.She died in hospital on Saturday, Northumbria Police said.A spokesman for the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said: ‘HSE is aware that this is now a fatal incident and we will work alongside Northumbria Police to investigate.
- A motorist drove along a busy road near Lymington with a full greenhouse mounted to the roof of the car (Picture: BNPs)Bizarre footage has emerged of a car being driven down a busy road with an entire greenhouse strapped to its roof. Passing drivers were stunned as the Citroen C4 drove at speeds of up to 40mph with the 8ft by 6ft metal frame balancing precariously on top of it.A back seat passenger was even seen with their arm out of the window holding onto the structure.Local care manager
- Residents in California's Bay Area could be required to work from home three days a week after the Metropolitan Transportation Commission voted and approved a proposal
- The Gambling Commission came under fire earlier this year after a committee found them to be ‘unacceptably weak’ (Picture: SWNS / PA)The parents of a gambler who killed himself have claimed Government bodies ‘do not want to know’ about how their ‘perfectly happy’ son died. English teacher Jack Ritchie, 24, who was working in Hanoi, Vietnam, died by suicide after jumping from a building in November 2017. Sheffield Town Hall heard yesterday a coroner w
- Once Cardiff and Swansea follow Leeds, Stockport, Blackpool and Wigan into local lockdowns at the end of the weekend, a quarter of all people in the UK will be living under tighter restrictions
- Scotland and Northern Ireland each set new records for the daily number of new Covid-19 cases, and NHS England confirmed 20 more deaths in hospitals
- The family were travelling in a 4WD which was towing their camper trailer when they hit a sedanin Nowendoc, in the NSW Northern Tablelands, at 12.20pm on Saturday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!