- The random match brought them together (Picture: Rachel Smith)Over 1.7 million people have sent gifts over the years via Reddit’s annual Secret Santa.The social media site invites users to post their likes and dislikes on a profile, before matching them up with somebody who’ll send them a present worth around £20.Rarely, though, does it end in a long-term, loving relationship, where the giftee and the gifter move in together – but it did with Jono and Rachel.32-year-old J
- A volunteer is examined by Cira-03, a remote-controlled robot that runs tests on suspected coronavirus diseasepatients to limit the human exposure (Reuters)With Egypt facing a second coronavirus wave, an inventor is trialing a remote-control robot which can test for Covid-19.The machine can also take the temperature of patients and warn them if they don’t wear masks at a private hospital north of Cairo.Mahmoud el-Komy, who designed the robot, called Cira-03, says it can help limit exposure
- Sidney Powell, who was fired from Donald Trump's team of election fraud lawyers on Sunday, published details of two lawsuits on Wednesday night - one in Georgia, one in Michigan.
The BBC has defended Fin Taylor after he was criticised for making a joke about bombing Glastonbury to get rid of Jeremy Corbyn supporters on Have I Got News For You.During last Friday’s show, the comedian raised the topic of Corbyn being re-admitted to the Labour Party, but losing the whip. His remarks were met with fierce backlash and sparked complaints.
‘I feel like we had
- The BBC will air a new documentary on the Rashford’s efforts in the food poverty crisis (Picture: Getty)Marcus Rashford will take centre stage in a new BBC documentary tracking his campaign to fight child food poverty. The 23-year-old Manchester United star has become a British hero for fighting against the government in a bid to get free school meals to children, and ensuring they didn’t go hungry during school holidays. His incredible efforts eventually saw Boris Johnson
- The Chancellor announced yesterday that borrowing would hit almost £400 billion this year, with government spending topping £1 trillion for the first time.
Coronavirus news live: Salon owner facing £27,000 fine after quoting Magna Carta to defy lockdown and another 696 people dieLockdown measures will be relaxed for five days over the festive period (Picture: Dominic Lipinski/PA)A further 18,213 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in the UK, while a further 696 people have died with the virus.The newest figures, released on Wednesday, show the highest death toll since May 5, when 726 people died.In total, there have been 1,557,007 cases of Covid-19 in the UK and 56,533 deaths.Meanwhile, a salon owner who refused to close during England’s current lockdown has b
- Berenson, who has emerged as a strong critic of the government's response to the pandemic, appeared in an interview with Fox News guest host Mark Steyn on Wednesday night.
- The Government will today announce which tier each local authority will be placed under (Picture: PA/Rex/Metro.co.uk)Millions of people in England will today find out which tier they will be living under from next week, with the majority of the nation expected to be put under tier two measures.London and Liverpool are expected to avoid the toughest tier three restrictions, while it is thought that only a small number of rural areas will get away with the softest tier one rules.The health secreta
- Sheridan’s 2021 is shaping up to be one to remember (Picture: ITV)Sheridan Smith is reportedly set to judge a reboot of TV classic, Stars In Their Eyes. Starstruck, a twist on the classic format, will see participants become their music idols for a performance, with judges then scoring their performance. Filming is said to begin in May, with a release for next Autumn. ‘Sheridan is the perfect fit for the show as one of the judges,’ a source told The Sun. The
- Cassie-Lee Holmes was last seen at a home on Yakola Parade, Alexandra Headland, on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, on November 20.
- More than 4 million children in this country are living in poverty, according to official figures. What that means in practice is Mums and Dads being forced to cut back on food and clothes for their kids
- The Mirror has visited Ashton United Football Club where a pop-pantry has been helping struggling families through lockdown. We spoke to some of the families as we launch our Christmas appeal raising money for Save the Children UK
- Nadler, right, called the move 'one more stain' on Trump's 'rapidly diminishing legacy'. But Kasich, left, who backed Biden, said : 'Let's move on'. Flynn was pardoned Wednesday.
- ‘I just want to be in our new house, getting on with our new life’ (Picture: Neil Webb)My boyfriend and I are moving to a new city and because of family commitments, I’ve had to stay behind while he goes ahead.
Lockdown has now delayed the reason I’m staying behind, which means I don’t have a date to travel to him.
I now feel in a rut and frustrated about so much of what is happening. I just want to be in our new house, getting on with our new life.
I can struggle t
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Mercedes McQueen (Jennifer Metcalfe) is on a mission to discover what Sylver (David tag) is hiding in Hollyoaks, but will she ultimately discover Cher Winters’ (Bethannie Hare) huge secret?
Viewers will know that Cher has been harbouring a pretty big secret since arriving in the village earlier this year.
She opened up to dad Sylver about said secret several weeks ago, confirming that she’s responsible for the death of her sister.
Sylver resolved to keep shtum
- We are raising funds for Save the Children UK, so it can buy gifts for some of the country's most vulnerable kids and offer Christmas meals to hard-up families
- Around 11 Queensland police are now in self-isolationafter they were potentially exposed to coronavirus after a returned traveller, who tried to escape from the Rydges Hotel Southbank.
- (Picture: ITV)Liv Flaherty (Isobel Steele) is forced to face up to her health issues in Emmerdale but she has pressing issues in the form of conniving Paul Ashdale (Reece Dinsdale), who issues a threat.Elsewhere, Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) tries to put the spice back into things with Cain (Jeff Hordley) – but it isn’t as easy as she hopes.
Monday November 30It’s Cain’s birthday, so Noah and Sarah surprise him at the garage. Moira suggests Cain comes home for lunch as i
- (Picture: ITV)Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley) opens up to Moira (Natalie J Robb) in Emmerdale, and he makes quite the revelation in the process.
Moira is determined to celebrate Cain’s birthday, and therefore she suggests that he come join her for lunch, promising that it’ll just be the two of them.However, she’s soon left disappointed, and the following day, Cain is rather abrupt with her, leaving her a bit concerned.
That is, until passion ensues, as Moira successfully manages to
- (Picture: BBC)There is a lot of ill feeling in EastEnders – and it is all directed at one man, Mr Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt).
With Max Branning (Jake Wood) threatening the life of his nemesis, he isn’t the only one out for blood and even members of his own family are close to snapping. Elsewhere, Ben Mitchell (Max Bowden) and Tina Carter (Luisa Bradshaw-White) are keen to see the Beale get his comeuppance.
Elsewhere, Mick (Danny Dyer) is still in a dark place – but what memories
- (Picture: ITV)Having lost his son, Oliver, Steve McDonald (Simon Gregson) is in a state in Coronation Street and Tracy (Kate Ford) grows worried for his state of mind – particularly as it seems that Steve is being left out of the planning for Oliver’s memorial service.To try and stay productive, Leanne is throwing herself into the preparations for the day and going all out to ensure the ceremony is perfect in Victoria Gardens.But when Tracy hears about the plans, she is worried that
- Abdalraouf Abdallah, 27, was jailed in 2016 after he was found guilty of helping people travel to Syria to join so-called Islamic State.He was visited in jail by Manchester Arena attacker Salman Abedi.
Boyz On Block reveal craziest boyband stories: Abz Love’s ‘Jesus’ stalker to terrifying Dane Bowers threatsBoyz On Block opened up about their boyband stories (Picture: YouTube/Boyz On Block)Supergroup Boyz On Block have revealed their craziest boyband stories – and some of them are slightly terrifying.The band, made up of Boyzone’s Shane Lynch, Five’s Abz Love, Another Level’s Dane Bowers, and Phats and Small’s Ben Ofoedu formed after performing together at Bolton Pride.Chatting to Metro.co.uk after the release of their Stay Another Day cover, the lads recalled some of
- Victoria Cross recipient Roberts-Smith and ex-wife Emma bought the Sunshine Coast hinterland home for a whopping $1.45 million in 2015. The home could fetch $2 million under the hammer.
- Ten members of the Australian Defence Force have been dismissed in the wake of the bombshell Afghan war crimes report.
- Perth teen Milli Lucas also known as Charlie Teo's 'miracle girl' is showing signs of her old self, weeks after she was rushed home on a mercy flight to be with her family after her latest operation.
- The steel beams and glass ceiling reveal the incredible history of the space (Picture: © Gareth Blunt / South Wales Property Photography)A luxury apartment that sits within a converted Grade-11 listed building that used to house Victorian municipal baths is up for sale at £1,050,000.
Sitting within the Balmoral Quay building on the seafront of Penarth, Wales, the property really is one of a kind.
The building originally served as a place for public bathing, standing in the town for th
- Jessica and Shane took on a memorable trial (Picture: ITV/REX)Shane Richie and Jessica Plummer took part in one of the most memorable trials of recent series on Wednesday, winning an impressive 12 stars for camp.Elsewhere, Shane took issue with Beverley’s snoring, which he said sounded like an ‘RAF fighter’, and the campmates helped to celebrate Russell Watson’s birthday.There was a spa treat in store for the celebrities too, as they successfully completed a one-off chall
- Xiaojun Chen, 43, was killed after a bus ploughed into him in Zetland in Sydney's inner east back in September.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!