- The 50 NHS Trusts are scattered across the country. 13 are in the Midlands. Eight are in the North West, South East and South West. Seven are in the East of England and London.
- Joe Exotic had hoped for a pardon from president Donald Trump (Picture:AP/Getty)Tiger King star Joe Exotic has learned his fate after he sought a pardon from outgoing president Donald Trump.The former zookeeper, who is currently serving a 22-year prison sentence for animal abuse and a murder for hire plot against his rival Carole Baskin, missed out on clemency from the leader during his final hours in office.Although Trump pardoned Lil Wayne and Kodak Black, Exotic was not among the 73 individua
- A pedestrian hands a pot of food to a homeless person sleeping in the entrance of a closing down shop (Picture: AFP)Inflation doubled to 0.6% in a month, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) has announced.
The organisation said the Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation rose in December from 0.3% in November.Jonathan Athow, the ONS’ deputy national statistician, explained: ‘Clothing prices put upward pressure on inflation in December, despite some evidence of continued discoun
- President Trump granted clemency to 143 people on Wednesday, including 73 pardons and 70 commutations.
- Get the whole family movingIf you’re struggling to find ways to keep your children active (and burn off some excess energy) while we’re locked down, then you’re certainly not alone.
Online fitness community Jemma’s Health Hub found that 57% of mums say they struggle to find healthy activities to do as a family.
But all is not lost. Here’s a round-up of classes that will keep you and your children moving during lockdown 3.0.CookerciseGet cookingInstagram chef and fit
- Pictures were posted online which showed a group of officers eating in a café (Picture: Getty Images/EyeEm)Nine Metropolitan Police officers have been fined for breaching coronavirus rules while on duty.Photos emerged online earlier this month which appeared to show a group of uniformed officers from the South East Basic Command Unit (BCU) dining in a local café.Following an investigation, it was determined that the officers involved should be issued with fixed penalty notices to t
- The headline CPI rate was up from 0.3 per cent in November - although it still remains far below the Bank of England's 2 per cent target.
- As Donald Trump's presidency comes to an end what will become of the two women who are closest to him - and why do the loathe each other
- Cheap and cheerful (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Now Christmas is over and the winter’s drawing on, things can all start to seem a bit cold and miserable.So, what better way to brighten up drab January days than with these cheap and cheery homeware finds designed to put a smile on your face.And to make it even better, everything on this list is under £20, proving that a room (and mood) transformation doesn’t have to break the bank.I Wet My Plants MisterFeeling thirstyKeep thirsty green
- The former Knockouts Champion is on the move (Photo: IMPACT Wrestling)Taya Valkyrie has said goodbye to IMPACT Wrestling and she could be set for WWE.The longest reigning Knockouts Champion in history – who held the coveted title for 377 days from January 2019 to January 2020 – looks to have made her final appearance with the company on Tuesday night in the culmination of the wild ‘Who shot Johnny Bravo?’ storyline.She was revealed as the one who set up Larry D. to shoot
Liam Gallagher, Ed Sheeran and Sir Elton John slam Brexit deal snubbing visa-free travel for touring musiciansEd Sheeran has signed the open letter calling on the Government to take action (Picture: Getty)Sir Elton John, Liam Gallagher and Ed Sheeran are among the stars who have united to criticise the Government’s Brexit deal which has snubbed visa-free travel for touring musicians. More than 100 celebrities, including pop singers to classical composers, have signed a letter saying performers have been ‘shamefully failed’ by the post-Brexit travel rules.In the open letter publish
- The outgoing President pardoned 143 people including Steve Bannon (Picture: Getty/EPA)Donald Trump has pardoned his former chief strategist Steve Bannon, as part of a flurry of action granting clemency to nearly 150 people.In the last few hours of his tumultuous presidency, the departing Mr Trump announced pardons and commutations for 143 people, after midnight on Wednesday.It comes on the same day that he is set to be replaced in the White House by President-elect Joe Biden.The controversial pr
- Joe Biden will be sworn in as US President today outside the Capitol Building, replacing the outgoing Donald Trump. Here is the time Brits can watch the ceremony
- Joe Biden will become President when he takes the oath of office at his inauguration on Wednesday. Here's how to watch the ceremony and the Celebrating America TV special
- Victor is back — and Sid is in deadly danger (Picture: Lime Pictures)Victor Brothers (Benjamin O’Mahony) returns to Hollyoaks on a mission, but will Sid Sumner (Billy Price) pay the ultimate price as he crosses paths with the drugs boss?
It’s an emotional week for Sid, as Jordan Price’s (Connor Calland) funeral arrives.The service isn’t exactly what Sid would’ve liked for his cousin, and therefore he reads out what he intended to say. However, Ollie Morgan (Ga
- (Picture: ITV)There are devastating scenes in Coronation Street as Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne) gives up on life and says his goodbyes – but can anyone get through to him.
Elsewhere, there could be more death as villain Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) is missing and police want answers.
Speaking of wanting answers, Gail Rodwell (Helen Worth) is searching for Fanny.
Monday January 25 Part OneAs Debbie swears blind that she didn’t know anything, Roy reveals the chairperson has been arrested.
- President-elect Joe Biden (inset) wants to vaccinate 100 million Americans in his first 100 days in office. A woman (left) gets a COVID-19 vaccine in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, on Tuesday.
- This house has a rather unexpected featureThere’s a house up for sale in Middleton, Leeds, with some rather unusual features.
Included is eco-friendly heating, solar panels, and a dead body buried in the garden.
That last bit might give you pause, but don’t worry, there’s nothing untoward going on.
The three-bedroom home is being sold by the previous owner’s family, who have explained that the man’s final wish was to be buried within the property’s grounds.
- There has been a rise in the number of Aussies who will reject the Covid-19 vaccine, despite the strong support for international travel restrictions, with men more open to jab than women
- The Queensland cop and mum-of-four from Townsville has stage four glioblastoma multiforme, the most aggressive and fastest-growing type of brain cancer with slim survival odds
- Leaked pictures of the vast interior reportedly show a red velvet pole dancing boudoir built for the exclusive use of the Russian President and his allies
- Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews is under pressure to cancel the 2021 duck hunting seasonafter a 'damning' survey revealed one in five shooters can't distinguish protected species.
- The Prime Minister is declining to criticise Donald Trump for inciting a riot that killed five people. Scott Morrison has instead likened the Capitol Hill violence in Washington to the BLM movement.
- Cops had drawn their guns at the vehicle as it sped away outside an entrance to the Bankstown Central Shopping Centre on Wednesday afternoon.
- Jessica Watkins, 38 and Donovan Crowl, 50 - both veterans from Ohio - were arrested on Monday, and Thomas Caldwell, 65, detained Tuesday. All are charged with conspiracy for the attacks.
Donald Trump pardons Lil Wayne and commutes Kodak Black sentence hours before leaving the White HouseLil Wayne has been pardoned by Donald Trump (Picture: @lilwayne, Twitter)Donald Trump has officially pardoned rappers Lil Wayne and Kodak Black, it has been confirmed. The outgoing US president granted pardons for 73 people and commuted the sentences of 70 people in his final hours at the White House before handing over to President-Elect Joe Biden. Following rumours earlier this week, Mr Trump’s administration has confirmed Lil Wayne and Kodak Black are among those who received
- Happiness expertLydia says you need to tap in to your inner happyWhile happiness might seem like an elusive concept at the moment, life coach and happiness expert Lydia Kimmerling believes that your natural state of being is to be happy – and that, when you feel this way, you can create an amazing life for yourself.
But, with everything that’s going on in the world how can you feel joy, contentment and positivity?
Lydia says a few simple tweaks to your morning routine can help you fi
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has blasted 'wokeness' in a final tweet. Pompeo said those wanting to block free speech including on social media had a 'dangerous' instinct toward censorship.
- Here are some things you should watch out for (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)The pandemic has proven to be tough on our mental health.Much as parents might try to protect them, children are sadly not immune.Psychotherapist Noel McDermott says: ‘Unfortunately, cases of anxiety and distress in children are on the rise now and this is being caused by an almost constant diet of scary stories on the news/internet, isolation from peers with schools being closed and from picking up on the str
- Donald Trump has pardoned or commuted a total of almost 150 people, including rap stars and ex-Congress members as he prepares to leave office later today
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!