Shopping streets in Wales were packed over the weekend (Picture: Getty Images)Pubs, restaurants and shops in Wales were packed this weekend as people flocked to meet each other and grab a drink after the country’s firebreak lockdown ended. Wales went into a short firebreak lockdown on October 23 and came out of it on November 9.
Photographs show people in Swansea and Cardiff taking advantage of their second weekend of freedom – in stark contrast to England where streets in majo
- Ian Selby, former mayor of Grantham, Lincolnshire, proposed a referendum to decide whether to erect a 10ft statue of Margaret Thatcher in her home town made by artist Douglas Jennings.
- Dr Bill Parish, from Defra, told the inquest there was an 'enthusiastic uptick' in diesel vehicles as the Government gave high priority to early action on carbon dioxide in a bid to tackling climate change
- While no fraudsters have been prosecuted, their targets are being treated like criminals and hounded for 40 per cent of the value of the cash they lost, the House of Commons was told.
- Victoria Bitter is selling an intentionally ugly Chritsmas vest and festive hat with a neck flap in the lead up to the holiday season.
Disturbing moment two sisters, 14 and 9, are handcuffed and dragged screaming from their foster homeFour siblings were removed from a Gold Coast foster home when two of them complained the rules were too strict, but two of them ran away and returned - only to be dragged out by police.
- via mirror.co.ukPhase 3 final testing has found US pharmaceutical giant Moderna's vaccine candidate is over 94 per cent effective against Covid-19 and plans to begin trials on children in six states
- Spanish and French authorities believe the unknown individual could prove crucial in tracking down the 37-year-old from Durham, who was reported missing over a week ago.
- Australia is on track to roll out the first doses of a coronavirus vaccine in March, Health Minister Greg Hunt said today.
- Three women including a nurse have been charged for violating Nashville's coronavirus restrictions on gatherings. At least 100 people were present at a Halloween house party in East Nashville.
- Brueckner, 43, was identified as the new lead suspect in June after German police released a trove of new evidence including details of his cars and phone numbers.
Alan Yentob denies strong-arming ministers into handing over millions to doomed Kids Company charityFormer BBC Creative Director Alan Yentob is among senior employees, including its founder, battling accusations over their role in the financial meltdown of the Kids Company charity.
Games Inbox: Blaming Sony for PS5 scalpers, Assassin’s Creed PS5 upgrade, and Call Of Duty campaignsWho’s fault is all this? (pic: eBay)The Thursday Inbox asks for 4K TV recommendations for PS5 and Xbox Series X, as one reader plays Shadow Of The Colossus for the first time.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Ignoring the problem
I have only ever bought two consoles on their respective day of release: SNES and Wii. I usually avoid the next gen machines for a few months because I still have lots to play in the current gen. One of the benefits of doing
- An inmate has been charged over the death of fellow prisoner Zlatko Sikorsky, who was awaiting trial for the alleged torture and murder of his 16-year-old girlfriend.
- Tinyerrors on ordinary coins escalate their value, making them highly sought after by collectors.
- The Prime Minister's new press secretary Allegra Stratton told reporters Mr Gove was doing an 'excellent job' on both the pandemic and Britain's preparations for the end of the Brexit transition period.
- Ivanka Trump was deposed by the Washington D.C. Attorney General's office on Tuesday as part of its ongoing lawsuit against the Trump Inaugural Committee.
- Arizona Gov Doug Ducey has confirmed that the person calling him on Monday as he certified the state's vote for Joe Biden was indeed President Donald Trump calling him from the White House.
- Lee Clegg, 51, was jailed for life for murder in 1993 after he opened fire on a car which sped through an Army checkpoint, resulting in the death of two teenagers. He was released two years later.
- The cold conditions needed to transport Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine vials mean they cannot be delivered to Britain's 411,000 care home residents individually.
Dragons coach Anthony Griffin confident Jack de Belin's court case won't 'distract' the team in 2021A day after de Belin's retrial on rape accusations was scheduled for April in Sydney, coach Anthony Griffin said NRL training should be the furthest thing from the 29-year-old's mind.
- John Lavulo, 33, who raps under the moniker Big Kash, was hit in the shoulder under a hail of bullets on August 8 as he sat in his Mercedes Benz outside his Sydney unit.
- via mirror.co.ukWARNING DISTRESSING CONTENT: The 54-year-old attacker, identified only as Liu, has been sentenced to death by a court in Harbin, north-eastern China, having previously served time in prison for other rape and murder convictions
- An Irishman who was allegedly involved in a stabbing attack on another man has admitted to a coward punch in a separate, unrelated incident.
- Austin mayor Steve Adler has come under fire after he urged residents to stay home and curb the spread of the coronavirus while he was vacationing with his family in Mexico earlier this month.
- Giuseppe Petroccitto, who runs a chain of bars, restaurants and cafes in Brisbane, says business on Mondays and Fridays is dire because everyone stays home to get a long weekend.
Neymar insists he wants to play with Lionel Messi next season after Paris Saint-Germain’s win against Manchester UnitedNeymar insists he wants to play with Lionel Messi next season (Picture: Globo Esporte)Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar dropped a Lionel Messi bombshell after his side’s win against Manchester United by insisting he plans on playing with the Barcelona superstar next season.Neymar scored twice at Old Trafford in his side’s 3-1 win, which puts them within touching distance of the last-16 of the Champions League.The Brazil international joined PSG from Barcelona in a £199.5millio
- Mohinder Singh, 48, on Thursday pleaded guilty to four charges of culpable driving causing the officers' deaths during a routine traffic stop on Melbourne's Eastern Freeway in April.
- Students due to sit their GCSEs and A-Levels next year in England will be supplied the topics in advance and be allowed to take reference sheets into the exam halls, it will be announced.
- Michel Barnier, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator said talks had reached a 'make-or-break' moment as the two sides haggle over fish quotas. Mr Barnier said Boris Johnson had lowered his demands.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!