‘It would go away without the vaccine,’ Trump claims; India’s total cases pass 5 million; virus death toll linked to Maine wedding grows to sevenWorld still at beginning of pandemic, WHO expert warns‘I up-played it’: Trump disputes own admission on pandemicSweden spared European surge as infections stay lowEngland: ‘There are no more tests today’
UK coronavirus updates – live 11.11am BST Hello, I’m taking over from Amy Walker for the next few
- via theguardian.com
- President Donald Trump continued to lash out at debate moderator Chris Wallace during his rally Wednesday night in Duluth, Minnesota.
- Singing superstar Mariah Carey writes about her marriages to Tommy Mottola and Nick Cannon in her new memoir but does not find room for any mention of her onetime Australian fiance.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Thursday the arrangement will initially be only one-way, allowing Kiwis to fly across the Tasman.
Hawaii defense contractor charged with defrauding government out of $12.8m in coronavirus relief aidMartin Kao, a Hawaii-based businessman and CEO of federal defense contractor Navatek, has been arrested on charges of fraudulently obtaining $12.8 million in COVID relief loans.
- NSW Police released CCTV footage of the alleged thief, who pushed through automatic glass doors at the front of the George Street store, in the CBD, at 3.20am on Saturday.
- Restrictions on weddings in South Australia will be eased from midnight on Friday.
- Karen' swigged from a bottle of iconic state beer Victoria Bitter while publicising her untimely departure from 'Dantoria' for the boundless pastures of Queensland, in song.
- Scott Morrison made the confession after a weekend visit to the Adelaide Zoo.
- via mirror.co.ukThe Home Office has confirmed extra funding has been afforded to Operation Grange to continue the investigation in Madeleine McCann's disappearance until March 2021
- A 15-year-old Sydney schoolgirl accidentally burned her family home down after a fire erupted while she was trying to cook fried chips on Tuesday night.
- Flight Centre is is planning to close another 91 stores across Australia with hundreds of staff expected to lose their jobs.
- A woman has been shot in the back at an address on Queensland's Bribie Island, with police issuing an emergency declaration as they hunt for the gunmen.
- The accountancy firm audited Wirecard's books for more than a decade until the German payment company went bust this year after admitting that £1.7billion had vanished.
- Bosses at Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge say a dozen life-style, fashion and travel influencers were paid to promote the institution on Instagram in lead-up to A Level results day.
- Gladys Berejiklian is under pressure to ease restrictions as the state records six days without any community transmission.
- More than 250,000 McDonald's workers (pictured) could be entitled to more than $1,800 each for paid rest breaks they were denied after one worker successfully sued a franchisee in August.
- Australia Post is recruiting more than 4000 workers to help deliver an expected record number of parcels this Christmas.
- Cameron Ely, 30, , mian, killed his mom, Valerie Lundeen Ely, 62, inset with her husband, in October last year. Ron, 81, is suing police and the city for wrongful death and unspecified damages.
- A neighbourhood row will now be played out in court after a retired barrister was accused of assaulting a woman and damaging her luxury car.
- Western Australia Premier Mark McGowan has refused to reopen the borders until all other states and territories record zero community transmissions for 28 consecutive days.
- Emergency services were called to the Great Western Highway at Mount Lambie, 160km northwest of Sydney, about 5am on Tuesday following reports a truck driver had been shot.
- The man, who has mental health disabilities, lives in London and is currently unemployed, said his parents had 'nurtured his dependency' on them and that he was vulnerable.
- via mirror.co.ukJoseph McCann, 35, and Reynhard Sinaga, 37, both from Manchester, were handed 30 years in prison each but an appeal hearing this month could see them locked up for life
- The 48-year-old travelled from Tullamarine Airport in Melbourne on August 31 but provided false information on his border declaration.
- 'United Shame of America'
- Heart-stopping footage shows three brave prison guards launching into action to save inmates after fire broke out t Mary Wade Correctional Centre at Lidcombe.
- Allison Langdon, 41, slammed both Donald Trump and Joe Biden on Thursday after the pair squabbled their way through the first US presidential debate.
- A retired British expat father was stunned to find that his copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was a super-rare first edition worth up to £50,000.
- Nigerian-born New Zealand UFC champ Israel Adesanya showed that he's a first-class guy by giving up his seat on the flight home after reclaiming the title.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!