- via theguardian.comSeventy MPs say PM must prove new Covid curbs ‘will save more lives than they cost’Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageBoris Johnson is facing a significant challenge to his plan to replace the current lockdown in England with a stricter three-tiered system of Covid restrictions, with 70 Conservative MPs saying they would not back the new regime without first seeing a cost-benefit analysis.In a letter to the prime minister illustrating the scale of unres
- Masks are changing how we interact (Picture: Getty Images)A smile is a powerful thing. A recent Smile survey by Specsavers found that 80 per cent of people say smiling improves their mood and 75 per cent say their mood improves when they see someone smiling at them.The study also found that a smile can change how others perceive us, with 89 per cent of people saying they regard smiling people to be more cooperative, friendlier (82 per cent) and more attractive (69 per cent).
However, a smile is,
- Gyms and hairdressers can reopen from today (Picture: Getty/PA)People who have been craving a trim or to lift some weights are in luck from today, as hairdressers, barbers and gyms are able to reopen again.During the four week national lockdown, they had been forced to close since November 5.
But now they are able to open again in all tiers, even with the harshest level of restrictions.The government guidance on what can be done in tier three areas says: ‘Leisure and sports facilities may
- Get your home ready for Christmas inside and out (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Looking to impress the neighbours with your festive display this year?Adorn the exterior of your home with these magical lights and weather-friendly trimmings.From traditional wreaths to app-controlled rainbow lights, there’s no way Santa will be able to miss your house this Christmas.
Indoor Outdoor black light up treeOne Christmas tree just isn’t enough… (Picture: Jan Lieftink)If you’ve got the spac
- Remembering her morning ritual of checking her footwear for bugs at her Adelaide home before putting them on, she spied the creepy crawly just in time.
Retired three-star falsely claims US soldiers died attacking a CIA facility in Germany tied to fraudRetired Air Force Lt. General Thomas McInerney's claimed that U.S. special forces were able to seize the farm, which had info about efforts to flip votes.
- Scotland and parts of northern England could see snow today with up to 10cm to fall by the end of the week, amid a torrid cold snap and barrage of unsettled weather
Sydney mum accidentally puts baby SON up for sale as she tries to sell a $50 Christmas tree in BondiA mother has accidentally put her baby son up for sale by including his picture in an online advertisement for a Christmas tree.
- Dharminy Thurairatnam was working in the emergency department of Lyell McEwin Hospital in Adelaide on November 13 when an 80-year-old woman reported feeling a 'bit off and a little bit weak'.
- Barack Obama has criticized the usage of the 'defund the police' slogan and warns that the 'white population' is fearful that the 'African American community' will get out of control with police reform.
- Tuesday night's blustery cold front brought falls to the summit of Hobart's Mount Wellington and elevated areas of the central highlands on the first and second day of summer.
- Kirsty Shearing, 25, was using GHB around the time she stabbed her partner in the back on May 4 in Geelong. 'If he called me c**t, it would've been a bloodbath,' she said.
- A 200m exclusion zone has been set up around one of the berths as Queensland Fire and Emergency Services officers work to contain the leak.
- When is the last day to get your Christmas presents posted out? (Picture: Getty)With Christmas 2020 most likely looking a lot different for people in the UK, some families and friends have been used to spending the holidays apart.If you’re used to working out different time zones to wish a friend, sibling or child a Merry Christmas in Australia, or send a Happy Holidays card to family in America, you’ll still need to keep on top of the last posting dates for this year.Despite the Cov
- Fortnite Chapter 2, Season 5 – it never ends (pic: Epic Games)Galactus and the Marvel universe have gone but Season 5 will feature Agent Jonesy, the Mandalorian, and the greatest hunters in the multiverse.Fortnite has just concluded what might be its greatest season finale so far, with an epic fight against Galactus, that saw the Marvel universe disentangle from Fortnite and set the stage for Season 5.If you didn’t witness the finale first-hand it involved firing Battle Buses filled
- Axed AFL player Elijah Taylor been slapped with a fine instead of a prison sentence after he struck his ex-girlfriend with a belt and punched her in the head at a Perth hotel.
- Nurse Molly-Elizabeth Francis, from Dublin, Ireland, shared a heartbreaking plea on Facebook admitting to breaking down in tears while treating dying coronavirus patients
- Sydney woman, Jessica Camilleri, on trial for her mother Rita's decapitation murder asked police at the scene if doctors could work 'miracles' and 'sew her head back on', a court has heard.
- President Trump vowed to return to run again 'in four years' if he doesn't manage to cling onto the presidency now, during a speech to his guests at the White House Christmas Party on Tuesday night.
- The CIA released a picture depicting a wintry scene asking people to tell the time. The illustration contains all the elements of the perfect winter snapshot - but can you tell what time it is?
- The Labor leader said the prime minister has overseen a 'complete breakdown' of relations after a Chinese official tweeted a mocked-up image referencing war crimes allegations.
- NSW Ambulance were called to the property on Battle Boulevard in Seaforth on Wednesday afternoon, following reports of an explosion.
- A tradesman is in a critical condition after a worksite accident.
- The giant blaze is thought to have been started by an illegal campfire on Fraser Island, off the coast of Queensland, on October 14, and has burned 82,000 acres of land in six weeks.
- Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne left a group of his footy mates watching the 2018 NRL grand final for one plain, obvious reason - to have sex with a woman he had never met, a court has been told.
- A mum has made the unexpected discovery of finding a slug stuck inside a frozen piece of Woolworths branded cauliflower.
- Jupiter and Saturn will align in the night sky on December 21 and appear as one single bright star in a 'Great Conjunction'.
- A stick insect as long as a human forearm has been spotted hiding in a tree in Queensland.
- Donald Trump teased a crowd at the White House Christmas Party that he would be running for president again in 2024, if he fails in his slim hopes of overturning the November election result
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!