(Picture: ITV)Coronation Street star Eileen Derbyshire’s husband has died following a battle with Alzheimer’s disease.
Thomas W Holt passed away last weekend, with son Oliver by his side.
Writing in his column for Mail on Sunday, Oliver shared fond memories of his dad, while also sharing an account of his battle with Alzheimers.
He wrote: ‘My dad never forgot Stockport even when he was deep into his struggle with Alzheimer’s Disease.‘He wanted to go back there and r
Home next door to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Montecito mansion goes up for sale for $22millionIn a listing for the seven-bedroom estate potential buyers are shown its 13-bathrooms, pool with a cabana and two separate guesthouses. The house is just yards from Harry and Meghan's.
- Prince Harry has said he and Meghan Markle had to sign deals estimated to be worth more than £100million with Spotify and Netflix after he was 'literally cut off financially' from the Royal Family.
- Meghan Markle opened up about her infamous row with her sister-in-law Kate Middleton in her sit down interview with Oprah Winfrey, giving her side of the story
- President Joe Biden vowed an 'all hands on deck effort' to combat sexual assault in the military at International Women's Day event where he appointed two women as four-star generals.
- Shadow Health Secretary Jonathan Ashworth will call on the Government to mimic war games done by the military to prepare for conflict as part of plans to defend against future outbreaks
- The couple with their son Archie in a picture released to celebrate International Women’s Day (Picture: Misan Harriman)Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have released a photograph of their young son Archie to coincide with International Women’s Day. The family picture was shared just hours after the couple’s controversial interview with Oprah Winfrey.The Duke and Duchess of Sussex revealed the black and white image, which captures a smiling, pregnant Meghan stood
- All Americans are now officially considered low-risk after two doses (Picture: AP)Fully vaccinated Americans have been told they can gather indoors without masks in a landmark decision from federal health officials.The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updated its guidance on Monday, paving the way for a return to normality for those who have had two doses of the Covid jab.People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose, although anyone who develops sympt
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey has sent Buckingham Palace into meltdown with the Queen and top aides locked in talks on how to respond amid fears for the monarchy
- While the most dangerous threat to the monarchy since the 1936 Abdication Crisis is a disaster not of the Queen's making, this is not the time to show a stiff upper lip
- The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William were all locked in crisis talks over how to react to a string of incendiary accusations unleashed by Harry and wife Meghan.
- An airline worker in hotel quarantine tested positive to the virus on Monday, with another case recorded in hotel quarantine on Tuesday.
Antiques Roadshow expert Will Farmer was almost brought to tears as he remembered his later mother with Fiona Bruce in the latest episode.In emotional scenes, Will had brought a series of treasures that had belonged to his family.The ceramics and glass expert had chosen to bring in some glasswear, as well as a distinct piece of artwork.Later discussing how his mum came to own the paintin
- Kai Havertz returned to form on Monday night (Picture: Getty Images)Kai Havertz admits it was easy to win a penalty from Jordan Pickford as Chelsea beat Everton 2-0 on Monday night in the Premier League.The German was in fine form as he returned to the starting XI for the Blues at Stamford Bridge, forcing an own goal from Ben Godfrey for the opener before winning a penalty converted by Jorginho for the second.While the 21-year-old did not say he dived to win the penalty, and Everton boss Carlo A
- Terrifying video shows the moment New York City police officers barely escaped death after a man opened fire on them in the stairwell of an apartment building.
- West Sussex Police said the 14-year-old was walking in a "quiet country area" along a lane off Okehurst Road when she was attacked by a man in his 30s on March 1
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex sparked an extraordinary guessing game yesterday after accusing an unnamed member of the Royal Family of racism.
- The Duchess of Sussex said 'concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born' happened 'in those months when [I] was pregnant' with Archie.
- Kent’s Napier Barracks was branded decrepit by inspectors (Picture: PA)Inspectors have branded the housing provided to asylum seekers in the UK ‘filthy’, as the Government was blasted for ‘fundamental failures’.Napier Barracks in Kent housed people at high risk of self-harm in a ‘decrepit’ so-called isolation block that was ‘unfit for habitation’, according to findings by the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration (ICIBI) and
- In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, t he Duchess of Sussex said 'concerns' were raised about 'how dark' Archie's skin would be before he was born because she is mixed-race and Harry is white.
- From bad hair days to home workouts on Zoom, these little paintings depict life in lockdown. Witty, satirical and tender and, at times, heartbreakingly poignant, they are the work of Sue Prince.
- RICHARD KAY: Not even the height of the Charles and Diana wars brought such a glow to the heart of anti-monarchists everywhere as Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey has done.
- Thomas Markle is set to speak out on the ITV breakfast show tomorrow morning. It comes after claims were made about him by the Duchess of Sussex in unaired footage from the CBS interview.
- Volunteers at the London Community Kitchen in Wembley say the length is not uncommon, with families struggling amid the pandemic
- John Schnatter resigned as Papa John's CEO in 2018 after blaming NFL players kneeling for the anthem on low sales figures. He stepped down as board chair six months later for using the N-word.
- Daniel Andrews has been taken to hospital after a 'concerning' fall while getting ready in the morning
- The black two-seater ute was clocked by a highway officer moving at 116km/h on the Ipswich Motorway, south-west of Brisbane, at about 6pm on February 28.
- The New South Wales Central Coast man will reappear in court charged with grooming a 14-year-old girl online.
- A woman (pictured) who was trampled during an armed robbery of the Il Pastaio restaurant in Beverly Hills on Thursday afternoon said the incident left her traumatized physically and emotionally.
- A breathtaking private island in the Bahamas is set to be auctioned this month with the bidding expected to start at nearly $20million.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!