Asha Alahan (Tanisha Gorey) has a bit of a blind spot when it comes to thuggish manipulator Corey Brent (Maximus Evans) in Coronation Street.With her vulnerability and lack of self esteem, Corey has fed off of Asha’s need for love and validation and has her exactly where he wants her – to the point that she has found herself agreeing to giving an alibi for him for the night
- Current figures show Government borrowing stood at £24.3billion in May (Picture: Getty/PA)Boris Johnson’s plan for a £200million new national flagship has been branded ‘silly populist nonsense’ by former chancellor Ken Clarke.
The plans for the successor to the Royal Yacht Britannia show that some in Downing Street believe there is ‘free money’, the Tory peer said.
Lord Clarke told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that the new vessel is a ‘compl
Love Island 2021: Shannon Singh declares her topless days are over as she reflects on glamour model daysLove Island 2021 contestant Shannon Singh has ruled out returning to the world of topless modelling.The 22-year-old, who previously revealed she enjoys having sex eight times a day, is one of the 11 singletons heading into the Majorcan villa on Monday when the IV2 dating show returns.Shannon introduced herself in a video where she announced: ‘I used to be a glamour model but now I’m an influencer. My topless days are gone, but I loved it at the time.‘There’s nothing wrong
Family was embroiled in 'violent brawl' onboard P&O Norway cruise after 'intoxicated' man's commentsPaul Evans, 45, was allegedly intoxicated when he started fighting fellow passengers and threw one of their phone's overboard, while he was aboard a P&O cruise from Norway in summer 2019.
- Kyle Cutkelvin, 27, admitted the assault, which took place just a few days before Christmas 2019, at Lanark Sheriff Court in Scotland. He competed in the 2017 series of the X Factor.
- The Duke of Cambridge has grown wary of conversations with his brother ending up in the press, according to royal commentators, ahead of a reunion next month
- Don Ash married Maya in 2015, two years after divorcing his first wife (Pictures: Champion News)A 42-year-old widow has lost a fight with her dead husband’s first wife over her mother-in-law’s £840,000 estate.
Maya Gocheva-Ash is more than 30 years younger than her late husband Don Ash’s first wife Cindy, whom he divorced in 2013.The pair have been embroiled in a High Court fight over the meaning of the word ‘wife’ in Don’s mother’s will.
- Another 22 professions have been added to Australia's priority list of skill shortages, as the country continues to grapple with coronavirus border closures.
- The veteran Westminster MP immediately demanded Mr Johnson's government and Brussels 'step up' efforts to find an alternative to the Northern Ireland Protocol.
- The peer who lost her Darlington seat in 2019 will move into the shadow Cabinet and take responsibility for Brexit in the Lords
James Argent back on solids as he shares weight loss update after losing 5.5st following gastric surgeryJames is still recovering from his gastric band (Picture: Tristan Fewings/Getty Images)Towie star James Argent has revealed he’s lost 5.5stone and is once again eating solid food following gastic surgery earlier this year.The reality TV star has been open about his health battles and has been documenting his journey following the procedure after his weight reached 27st in lockdown.Sharing an update with fans two months after the surgery, he was seen dining out in a restaurant as he beamed
- Cathy Blythe had a gastric bypass in 2011 and lost more than nine stone, but has suffered scores of health problems since including losing her teeth
- Lacey shared a snap of her siblings with their dad on Father’s Day (Picture: BBC/Instagram/Lacey Turner)EastEnders star Lacey Turner celebrated Father’s Day with a picture of herself with sisters Lily and Daisy alongside their dad.
The actress, who portrays Stacey Slater in the BBC One soap, shared the image on her Instagram Stories.
Lacey is, of course, known for her work on EastEnders, but Daisy and Lily have both made appearances in soapland also.
Daisy portrayed Hollyoaks charact
- It’s better to get feelings down on paper than bottle them up (Picture: Getty Images)Christina Thatcher, creative writing lecturer, Cardiff Metropolitan University:Ernest Hemingway famously said that writers should ‘write hard and clear about what hurts’.
Although Hemingway may not have known it at the time, research has now shown that writing about ‘what hurts’ can help improve our mental health.There are more than 200 studies that show the positive effect of writi
- Julia Yonkowski was drawing out cash when she realised there was a massive $999,985,855.94 in her account - the equivalent of nearly £720 million
- A photo has emerged showing baby toys, an overturned CCTV camera and family portraits inside the Athens home where Charalambos (Babis) Anagnostopoulos allegedly killed Caroline Crouch
- The pair decided enough was enough when mum Angela Warrell couldn't fit a seatbelt round her on a flight during a family holiday - and shed a whopping 15 stone in total
- Lillie Goddard has been ordered to remove a metal shipping container, pictured, from her home in Swindon, Wiltshire following a long-running campaign by neighbours against the eyesore.
- Flip or Flop star Christina Haack and host Ant Anstead’s divorce has been finalized (Picture: Getty)HGTV star Christina Haack has officially finalized her divorce from ex-husband Ant Anstead, nine months after the former couple legally separated.The Flip or Flop star and the 42-year-old British host were married for 21 months before they split in 2020, with the couple sharing one-year-old son Hudson London.According to TMZ, the 37-year-old and her former partner have ‘privately settl
- Democrats' voting rights bill is all but certain to fail in the Senate on Tuesday as Republicans move to block the progressive priority and Joe Biden failed to get Joe Manchin to back the legislation.
- Two men have been found guilty of the murder of a father-of-two in Hounslow last year (Picture: Met Police; CPS)A jealous boyfriend hugged an armed friend before they stormed a house party in London and murdered an innocent man.After their chilling embrace caught on CCTV, Kalid Abdi, 26, and Mohammad Butt, 22, started attacking male guests at random.Dad-of-two Nathan Mitra, 32, was stabbed once in the heart by Butt, a complete stranger to him, at the house in Hounslow.A court heard Abdi was
- Victoria has slammed its border shut to millions living in Sydney starting at 1am on Wednesday.
- Analysis by the PC Agency suggested 14 countries on Britain's 'amber list' could be moved to green because their Covid-19 case rates over the past fortnight are less than half those in Britain.
- Government sources have hailed 'positive' talks with European football's ruling body over coronavirus restrictions, with an announcement expected imminently.
- Bill de Blasio wants to slash crime rates which have been the subject of criticism from his rival candidates as voters head to the polls today to select their nominees for the fall general election.
- The elderly victim was powerless as Dean Lennox, 40, woke her after breaking into her sheltered accommodation in Torquay, Devon, in the early hours of May 20.
- Richard Branson's stunning new Virgin cruise liner finally docks in Portsmouth - weighing 110,000 tonnes and with 17 decks it is larger than the Royal Navy's newest aircraft carriers
- If you view the world as your personal stage, you might have ‘main character syndrome’ (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)I remember the long drives home from day trips out as a child, my eyes heavy as I sat slumped on the backseat.
My head would rest against the window as the sun set on an amber sky, the shadows from tree branches dancing against the window’s reflection.
Soft music would play from whatever easy-listening radio station my mum had on, and I would gaze out the wi
Looking for an unusual place to stay for your post-pandemic getaway?The first house designed by Barcelona’s most famous architect Antoni Gaudi is opening as a place to stay.Although Gaudi’s most well known building is probably the Sagrada Familia – a huge church with work still ongoing nearly 100 years after the architect’s death – his designs are peppered
- The President of Russia, 68, slammed NATO as a 'relic of the Cold War', adding that Russia now wants to foster relations with a 'united' continent in an opinion piece.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!