- Jimmy Senda, of Racine, was partaking in his morning ritual along the shore of Lake Michigan, near to Samuel Myers Park, yesterday when he made the horrifying discovery.
- Speaking from Downing Street, Mr Johnson threatened to impose a second national lockdown unless the British people obey his draconian new coronavirus restrictions.
- Chicken empire entrepreneur Bob Ingham has died aged 88 surrounded by his family.
- The B-17 Flying Fortress bomber flew into the Eyjafjallajokull glacier in southern Iceland on September 16, 1944.
- Dragan Markovic, from St Albans in the city's northwest, watched his father Nenad die through a glass window at Brunswick Private Hospital on August 30.
- Rashaun Weaver, 15, is charged as an adult with murder and robbery in the December 11 slaying of 18-year-old Majors in upper Manhattan's Morningside Park, just blocks from campus.
- The Financial Conduct Authority announced that insurers would not be allowed to charge existing clients more than new ones- which could save £1billion a year
- Infamous bikie Brett 'Kaos' Pechey will spend a year behind bars, a Perth court ruled, after a bizarre two-day incident where he ranted that 'coppers die today' with a shotgun by his side.
- The American military threw cold water on Moscow's claim its Tu-160 'Blackjack' supersonic nuclear-capable strategic bomber broke a world record for longest flight.
- University of Portsmouth student Ben de Souza, 19, isolated himself in his room after being sick 10 times following a heavy night out - and hours later was in intensive care just minutes from death
- About 200 more whales have been stranded on a shallow sandbar off Tasmania's west coast, bringing the total to more than 470.
- The 2020 American Family Survey released on Tuesday examined how current events have shaped life in the US over the past year - revealing a slew of significant changes.
- Air Force Two was forced to return to an airport in Manchester, New Hampshire, due to engine issues supposedly caused by a bird strike, according to reports
- President Trump again mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask and asked a crowd in Pittsburgh why the Democrat would spend 'all that money on the plastic surgery' to cover up his face.
- David Jones has revealed it plans to reduce its operations by 20 per cent with those near other branches first on the chopping block.
- An angry shopper goes into a rampage in aCo-op store in Lingfield, Surrey after being asked to observe social distancing rules. She can be seen knocking bottles of wine off the shelves
- via metro.co.ukDid you get one? (pic: Microsoft)The Wednesday Inbox is still reeling from the news that Microsoft has bought Bethesda, as one reader hopes they buy Sega next.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Would you credit it?
What an absolute disaster it has been trying to pre-order an Xbox Series X.Tried pre-ordering the Xbox All Access 24-month subscription deal with both GAME and Smyths – the only two providers in the UK.GAME’s website was completely dow
- Governor of the Bank of England Andrew Bailey asked Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak to extend help to some sectors after the £40billion job subsidy furlough scheme comes to an end.
- Tom Tugendhat, chairman of the foreign affairs committee, said Beijing was playing a large role in the island nation's decision to remove the Queen as head of state.
- Jocelyn Zakhour, from Melbourne, Australia, blamed one of her victims - who she swindled over $700,000 from - for being stupid enough to fall for her lies after she was caught
- The Republican politician took to the stage in front of 1,200 Trump supporters in Dayton on Monday evening, where he urged the crowd to cover their noses and mouths when out in public.
- Tony Higgins, 57, sent out a distress call to police about 5am on Tuesday when he was moored near Granite Island off Victor Harbor, south of Adelaide.
- America's own track record on antiquities is not exemplary, from the invasion of Iraq to the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, plenty of comparisons can be made to Elgin's acquisitions.
- President Donald Trump finally responded to the U.S. hitting the grim milestone of 200,000 COVID-19 deaths calling it 'a shame' after ignoring the question when a reporter first asked him about it.
- Brothers Aaron C.M. Schwartz, 22, and Petie C.M.Schwartz, 18, from Seymour in the US state of Missouri, would have been "eaten alive" by the prison system, a prosecutor says
- Previous evidence had raised fears that the excitement from having sex could trigger a repeat heart attack but new research claims it can boost survival chances
- Having an active sex life in the months after a heart attack is linked with a 35 per cent lower risk of death over the next two decades, according to research by Tel Aviv University in Israel.
'What the f*** happened to America?' Woodward says historians will ask when they study the Trump eraJournalist Bob Woodward suggested historians would react to the Trump era of American politics with bewilderment and four-letter words.
- South Australia Premier Steven Marshall is confident the state's planned border reopening with NSW will go head after he got a preliminary update of its coronavirus case count.
- President Donald Trump said he will announce his nominee for the Supreme Court at 5 pm on Saturday. 'I'm getting very close to having a final decision made, very close,' Trump said.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!