- Scientists at the University of Manchester and University of Sheffield found three NHS drugs used to treat arthritis might also be able to halt breast cancer before it spreads into the bones
- Caption: London Bridge attack victim\’s friends fundraise for huge party in his memoryCredit: PA
Friends and relatives of London Bridge terror attack victim Jack Merritt are crowdfunding for ‘one hell of a celebration’ in his memory.
A team of four calling themselves ‘The Merrittocracy’ have raised almost £15,000 in just two days and hope to double that.
They said: ‘We are all devastated by Jack’s death but determined to celebrate him.
- Ding Junhui was in cracking form in York (Picture: Getty Images)
Ding Junhui paid an emotional tribute to his wife and daughter after beating Stephen Maguire 10-6 in the UK Championship final.
The 32-year-old was in tremendous form as he knocked in four centuries in a fantastic contest as he held off the Scot who rolled in three tons of his own.
It is the third time Ding has lifted this trophy, but the first time in 10 years after a slump in form over the last two years which saw him briefly dro
Roman Kemp booted from I’m A Celebrity in third place as Jacqueline Jossa and Andy Whyment battle for jungle crownRoman came in third (Picture: Rex Features)
Roman Kemp has been voted from I’m A Celebrity in third place, leaving Jacqueline Jossa and Andy Whyment battling it out for the jungle crown.
The radio presenter was put in a pit with over 50 snakes in his final Bushtucker Trial but even that was enough to save the 26-year-old.
Heading to the Australian camp, hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly shared the news, after the British public voted for their favourites to win the crown.
Roman was in t
- Money Heist is coming back! (Picture: Netflix)
Record-breaking Netflix show Money Heist is coming back for season four next year, which is good news for celebrity fan Stephen King.
The author tweeted earlier this year that Money Heist ‘left him hanging’ and demanded to know when new episodes would be arriving.
The Spanish thriller, known by its original title of La Casa De Papel, smashed all time records for Netflix after being viewed over 34million times.
Its official Twitter accoun
- Anthony Burke has been arrested following the incident (Picture: EPA/Getty)
A Manchester City football fan who has been arrested for making ‘monkey gestures’ aimed at a Manchester United player says he ‘ain’t racist’ and was just ‘putting his hands in his pants.’
Anthony Burke, 41, was arrested by officers from Greater Manchester Police this morning, after video footage of him making what appear to be racist monkey gestures during the game between the Ma
- Elon Musk rolled up to celebrity hotspot Nobu in his Cybertruck Saturday night. Valets left the futuristic electric vehicle parked in front of the restaurant, allowing passersby to check it out.
- Norwegian Boerge Ousland and South African Mike Horn journeyed 1,120 miles but delays meant their food supplies were due to run out. The team are now safely on board ship the Lance.
- Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlan (Picture: BACKGRID)
Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlan and other cast members of Little Women stepped out on the red carpet for the New York City premiere last night.
The Oscar-tipped movie by Lady Bird director Greta Gerwig also stars the likes of Laura Dern and Timothee Chalamet.
The latest version of Louisa May Alcott’s classic American novel details the coming of age of four sisters in Massachusetts, America
- Princess Charlotte wants a pony for Christmas and is 'obsessed with horses' just like her great grandmother the Queen, 93, a source claims - but Prince William is said to be reluctant to let her have one
- Connor Steven, 24, and Luke Peaurt-Moran, 18 died when the Audi S1 they were in smashed into a wall and flipped onto its roof in Burscough, West Lancashire in the early hours
- Ding Junhui has won a third UK Championship in some style (Picture: Getty Images)
Ding Junhui has won the UK Championship for a third time after a superb 10-6 win over Stephen Maguire in Sunday’s final.
The Chinese star was in fine form over the match we he controlled throughout after racing into a 4-0 lead at the beginning of the afternoon session.
Maguire battled hard and the standard from both men was fantastic, but the 32-year-old, who was the pre-match favourite, kept him at bay with
- Marcelino is thought to be in the frame for the Arsenal job (Picture: Quality Sport Images/Getty)
Marcelino has reportedly flown to London on Sunday, amid speculation linking him to the vacant Arsenal manager’s position.
The Gunners sacked a former Valencia and Sevilla manager, Unai Emery, after a poor start to the season but are now considering hiring another, with reports claiming they had made contact with the 54-year-old last week.
Arsenal’s head of football, Raul Sanllehi, is st
- Judge Nicole Scherzinger admits fashions have changed after the Pussycat Dolls raunchy mesh and latex look drew 419 complaints to Ofcom. Meanwhile Liam Payne. says One Direction band members were not 'massive mates'
- 184 countries still need to get their act together as Extinction Rebellion, Greta Thunberg and Sir David Attenborough put climate emergency on the map
- Donations have flooded in for our appeal, raising funds for Action for Children and aiming to make Christmas day special for children in the most desperate of situations
Eamonn Holmes reveals impressive life-like portrait of himself as part of 60th birthday celebrationsEamonn Holmes reveals impressive birthday portrait (Picture: @eamonnholmes)
Eamonn Holmes is celebrating turning 60 in style with a life-like portrait of himself – as you do.
The This Morning presenter’s inspired work of art was so good, in fact, that you can barely tell the difference between the real Eamonn and the fake one.
(Will the real Eamonn Holmes please stand up?)
The impressive artwork was created by esteemed visual artist Colin Davidson who has created similar portraits of
I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here star Jacqueline Jossa squirms as she holds huge spider in her mouth in bid to win finalJacqueline Jossa bravely faced her worst fear in her final I’m A Celebrity Bushtucker trial (Picture: ITV/REX)
I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! star Jacqueline Jossa was faced with one last grim challenge before the winner of this year’s series was crowned.
In her last Bushtucker Trial she had to face her fear of spiders yet again, only this time she got a bit more up close and personal with them.
To win starters for the camp, a drink and a special treat, she had to f
- Molly-Mae Hague has addressed the controversy around her choice of foundation last month, while admitting she’s switched to a lighter shade.
Some people felt the shade used by the Love Island star in her previous make-up tutorial was too dark for her natural skin tone.
‘“I gO vErY pAlE iN tHe WiNtEr” that’s her NATURAL shade ffs,’ one user angrily tweeted. ‘Imagine history calling dark skin ugly only for people to try and mimick it. Black & POC wome
Stephen Hendry bemoans Ronnie O’Sullivan’s Masters snub: ‘The tournament is not as good without him’Ronnie O’Sullivan is not playing the Masters this season (Picture: Getty Images)
The Masters will not be as good without Ronnie O’Sullivan involved and the winner will lose some credibility, believes Stephen Hendry.
The Rocket has decided not to play in the event in January, simply stating that he would rather be doing other things and another player deserves his spot more.
Ali Carter is the man who has taken his place in the competition and it will still be a high-quality affair, fe
- Ryan Rodgers, 26, and Jenny Grimes, 25, from Kirkby, Liverpool say they used to receive £2,100 a month in financial support but the introduction of the benefit cap has left their finances decimated.
- Award-winning Connecticut WFSB-TV news anchor Denise D'Ascenzo passed away in her sleep of a suspected heart attack Saturday night at the age of 61.
- A frustrating day for Guardiola and co. (Picture: AFP via Getty)
After his team fell 14 points behind Premier League leaders Liverpool following defeat to Manchester United, Pep Guardiola tried to point out the positives to his Manchester City team, according to Spanish midfielder Rodri.
There was no hairdryer treatment from the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss, despite another disappointing display from his troops.
City have now failed to win five of their last seven games in all competi
- (Picture: BBC)
EastEnders star Kellie Bright has revealed that there are dark scenes in a shocking New Year’s Eve episode for Linda Carter. As her dependance on alchol continues to control her life, she spirals spectacularly out of control – leading to a major twist in the mysterious new year episodes.EastEnders is keeping tight lipped over the details of what happens at the start of 2020, saying only that an even bigger secret is now being kept in Walford – with only a number
His Dark Materials: 5 questions we have as Lee Scoresby’s plans leave Lyra in potentially deadly situationLyra could be in even more danger (Picture: HBO/BBC)
There’s only two episodes to go of His Dark Materials, and just as one problem is solved, the gang are thrown straight into another.
Lee Scoresby (Lin Manuel Miranda) and Lyra (Dafne Keen) are now heading towards to Lord Asriel, with a newly recovered Roger in tow, when everything went wrong when their plane came under attack.
Now, lives, loves and revenge are the front of everyone’s minds as they try and save their world once agai
- XXXtentacion fans are questioning why the car he was killed in is on display (Picture: Getty Images)
The car XXXTentacion died in is on display in a museum commemorating his life and some fans aren’t happy.
The 20-year-old rapper (real name Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy) was shot and killed in his black BMW sports car in June last year.
So to try to honour the late rapper’s memory, his estate opened a multi-sensory museum in Wynwood, Miami, featuring rare photos, memorabilia and art i
- The boy was caught up in the middle of a bitter drugs turf war, a jury at Worcester Crown Court has been told in the trial of Asgar Khalfe, 35, and Kane Ingram, 21
Dan Osborne admits ‘smiling hasn’t always been possible’ amid cheating claims as Jacqueline Jossa heads into I’m A Celebrity finaleDan is waiting for Jacqueline to leave the jungle (Picture: Getty Images)
Dan Osborne has paid tribute to his two daughters with I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!’s Jacqueline Jossa, admitting it’s been hard at times for him to smile while she’s been in the jungle.
During the soapie actor’s time on the ITV show, Dan has been embroiled in drama on the outside, forced to deny he had cheated on his wife after campmate Myles Stephenson reportedly claimed he had
- Krampus gangs are accused of starting fights, assaulting an 11-year-old and setting off fireworks in Austria, in the run up to Krampus Day. Their crime is a record high despite ban on 'causing fear'.
- Hegseth, left, posted screenshots Sunday which showed his original tweet in which he said the actions of the gunman, right, who killed three Friday, was 'Islamist terror'.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!