Comedian Fin Taylor has been criticised for joking that Glastonbury should be ‘bombed’ to get rid of Jeremy Corbyn supporters.The 30-year-old comic made the joke on Friday night’s episode of Have I Got News For You, with host Victoria Coren Mitchell raising the topic of Corbyn being re-admitted to the Labour Party, but losing the whip.Taylor, who was on Ian Hislops&rsqu
- Dennis Hutchings is due to stand trial in February despite previously being cleared twice over the 1974 incident. He is accused of attempted murder over the death of unarmed man.
- Robert Keegan, 47 (left), has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder and manslaughter for the killing of Aidan Ellison, a 19-year-old homeless black man (right), at an Oregon hotel last week.
- The pop star apologised for her 'serious and inexcusable error of judgment' after hosting alavish 30th birthday party at the Casa Cruz restaurant in Notting Hill on Saturday night.
- JOHN MAIR: 29 regional news reporters have announced their departure or have already quit. The majority have one thing in common: they are white, old and male. Of the 29, just five are women.
- An impressive display of Christmas decorations in homage to Home Alone is capturing the attention of Austin, Texas ... and the star of the movie, Macaulay Culkin.
- Beverley Callard and Victoria Derbyshire have left I’m A Celebrity (Picture: ITV/REX)Beverley Callard and Victoria Derbyshire have both been eliminated from I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in a shock double elimination.During tonight’s instalment, Ant and Dec threw a spanner in the works by revealing two celebrities would be leaving the castle.After arriving at the camp, it was a tense moment for the celebrities as the hosts called out each person’s name.In the
- The violent melee filmed in Telopea in western Sydney has gone viral online after it was shared to social media platform Snapchat.
- David Rowlinson, 45, was sentenced to eight years in jail over the sexual abuse of a teenager - including outside school - as a judge told him he "stole part of her childhood"
- At 7.30 on the crisp Tuesday morning of April 21, 2015, Dennis Hutchings was in the kitchen of his bungalow making a pot of tea when the doorbell rang.
- Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole are leaving Doctor Who (Picture: BBC)Doctor Who stars Bradley Walsh and Tosin Cole are leaving the series, making their final appearances in the upcoming festive special.Bradley, who plays Graham O’Brien, and Tosin, who plays Ryan Sinclair, are leaving the sci-fi after two years of starring alongside Mandip Gill and Jodie Whittaker.The Chase host Bradley described the final episode as ‘very, very dramatic’.‘It is very sad. It is quite sad and
- Anton Ferdinand relived the John Terry race row of 2011 (Picture: BBC)Anton Ferdinand has revealed he ‘wanted to hurt’ John Terry after being racially abused on the pitch in 2011.The former footballer explored the issue of racism in the sport in his new BBC documentary Football, Racism and Me and spoke out for the first time on the highly publicised incident which saw Terry banned by the FA for four matches and fined £220,000 after using ‘abusive and/or insulting words an
- An Eton master claiming to have been sacked in defence of free speech wrongly asserted that half of rape claims are fictitious and that sex attacks against men 'dwarf' those on women.
- The Bureau of Meteorology has issued an extreme heatwave warning for eastern Australia, with severe fire danger forecast on Tuesday.
- (Picture :BBC)Suki Panesar (Balvinder Sopal) is a force to be reckoned with and never more smug than when she is making someone else’s life a misery in EastEnders. And her next unlikely target is young Will – when he dares to shoplift from the Minute Mart – right in front of Honey Mitchell (Emma Barton).As Honey is talking to Jay Brown (Jamie Borthwick) about Paul being charged for attacking another woman, the conversation is interrupted by Suki challenging a thief – who
- (Picture: ITV)It was always inevitable that Geoff Metcalfe would be heading out of Coronation Street – with fans patiently awaiting the day which would see him get his well deserved comeuppance.And actor Ian Bartholomew has confirmed that he has finished filming with the show and events during the anniversary week will culminate the story in a way – although there’s a huge aftermath to play out as Yasmeen (Shelley King) recovers from her ordeal.Ian told Metro.co.uk: ‘When
- (Picture: metro.co.uk/ITV)Gary Windass (Mikey North) has always excused his murder of Rick Neelan as a necessary means to protect Sarah (Tina O’Brien) and it’s true to say that the killer is at his most dangerous when he is defending or avenging the people he loves.So when Coronation Street sleazebag Ray Crosby (Mark Frost) sexually assaults a terrified Faye (Ellie Leach) and Gary finds out, is he about to claim another victim?Due to him sexually harassing Michelle Connor and blackma
- The Manchester Tennis and Football Centre in Sportcity Way, Manchester will be turned into a large scale vaccination centre, while some people will receive the jab at GP surgeries
- Retired firefighter Richard Broccolo reunited with Corey Purington, the man who saved his life when he desperately pulled Broccolo from a burning car after a crash in Winter Garden, Florida
- Gillian Anderson received an offer to launch her own sex toy (Picture: Getty)Gillian Anderson has turned down a chance to launch her own sex toy.The Sex Education star revealed to Porter she received the indecent proposal after fans bombarded her with vibrators following her role as therapist Jean Milburn on the hit Netflix series, earlier this year.Refusing to reveal why she wouldn’t be investing in the XXX industry, The X-Files star simply said: ‘I can’t remember why I said n
I’m A Celebrity 2020: Shane Richie’s son jokes with mum Coleen Nolan: ‘He’s not going to get back with you’Shane Richie’s son couldn’t help but poke fun at his mum Coleen Nolan (Picture: REX, Instagram/@iamshanenolan)I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! star Shane Richie’s son couldn’t help but joke with his mum Coleen Nolan during an Instagram video.Shane Nolan Jr, 31, told his mum ‘he’s not going to get back with you ‘ after she praised her ex-husband’s efforts on the series.Following West End star Ruthie Henshall’s elimination on l
- The first vaccine doses will be rolled out in December to the highest at risk after they get FDA approval, then they will slowly be dished out the remaining public.
- Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford have been urged to learn from Edinson Cavani (Photo by Michael Regan/Getty Images)Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has urged the likes of Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford to ‘learn’ from new arrival Edinson Cavani.The 33-year-old displayed his scoring instincts with two well finished efforts in a stunning 3-2 win against Southampton on Sunday.Cavani emerged from the bench at half-time and his movement was too much for a knackered Southampt
- She showed her phone to answer questions from Instagram followers (Picture: PA; @Kensington Royal)What do a cucumber, a space invader and a vomiting face have in common?They’re all among the most used emojis on Instagram by the Duchess of Cambridge, apparently.Kate Middleton showed her phone screen to the cameras during a Q&A in her role as patron of Place2Be on Saturday.She had Instagram open on her iPhone 10.
When comments are open, a list of the most frequently used emojis appears a
- The Scottish First Minister said there were "no strings attached" to the payment and confirmed negotiations are currently under way to increase pay for NHS staff
- EXCLUSIVE: Steve Thompson, 65, seemed to refer to a gay magazine while talking on air in September about Lincoln City defender Lewis Montsma, 22, who has modelled on a catwalk
- Thousands of other southerners are expected to flock to Queensland after the COVID-19 hotspot declarations blocking them were lifted at 1am on Tuesday.
- The Health Secretary Matt Hancock told today's Downing Street press conference that any couples living apart in Tier 2 or 3 areas could only meet up outside.
- The Labour leader has said his party will abstain because while they don't oppose the measures that the level of support is insuficient
- El Paso, Texas Mayor Dee Margo says the city's surge in coronavirus cases is due to 'COVID fatigue', as the city reels from an influx of virus deaths that led officials to bring in at least 10 mobile morgues.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!