- Football fans took over Leicester Square yesterday, after London refused to set up official fan zones (Pictures: Getty Images/Shutterstock)Leicester Square was left covered in beer cans, plastic bags and mud after football fans took over the West End for the Euro 2020 game. London’s workers have a hard day’s graft ahead of them today as they sift through the rubbish that has completely covered the city’s streets. Usually, football fans are able to gather in Trafalgar
- Queensland's Thursday Covid update added 16 new cases to the latest outbreak in the state. The current lockdown, scheduled to end this Sunday, looks likely to extend into next week.
- A 39-year-old man has been charged with the murder of five-year-old Logan Mwangi who was found dead in a Welsh river.
- Highland Spring is recalling 750ml glass bottles of Sparkling Spring Water with 'use by' dates in May, June and July of 2023 after three consumers reported the bottles had 'exploded'
- A so-called 'ransomware' attack crippled the servers of the Island Education Federation on the Isle of Wight. At least one of the six schools affected has delayed the start to term.
- Those needing help to pay their bills were previously allowed to apply for a grant of $1,200 a year but this has since been bumped up in response to the latest outbreak of the Delta strain of the virus.
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's 'inclination is towards making the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory,' after President Biden told the Pentagon to look into how and when it would happen.
- via theguardian.comMcLaughlin wins 400m hurdles gold in world record timeTokyo 2020: the best images from day 12 at the OlympicsGames schedule | Results | Medal table | Full coverageEmail Tom, tweet or comment below the line 1.22am BST Men’s park skateboarding: Four heats of five skaters in the prelims with the top eight overall going into the final later today. So where you finish in your heat is not that significant - you could finish fifth and still go to the final if your score is good enough. Anyway, af
- From Monday NSW will be given an extra 183,690 doses of the in-demand vaccine and Queensland will have an extra 112,320 jabs.
- Hundreds of people have been plunged into quarantine after a fly-in fly-out worker visited 11 locations while infectious for up to 16 days in Perth after returning home from a mine up north.
- The girl, two, was rushed to Birmingham Children's Hospital at 3.20pm on Wednesday. Bystanders rushed to the aid of the youngster until emergency services arrived.
Wesley Fofana provides update on horrific injury he sustained in Leicester’s pre-season clash with VillarrealWesley Fofana suffered a horrific fibula fracture in Leicester’s friendly with Villarreal (Picture: LCFC)Leicester look set to be without Wesley Fofana for a significant period after the defender confirmed he sustained a fibula fracture in the side’s 3-2 win over Villarreal on Wednesday night.Fofana went down in a heap and appeared in serious discomfort after a reckless scissor challenge from Villarreal forward Fer Nino in the 58th minute, while the Foxes held a three-goal advantage
- Is Sony’s lead unassailable? (pic: Metro)The Thursday Inbox is unimpressed by the first hints at Street Fighter 6, as one reader looks forward to the Battlefield 2042 playtest.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Sounds like things are really working out for Sony and the PlayStation 5. Given the current levels of demand I just don’t see how the PlayStation 5 is ever going to lose the lead it’s currently got, especially as the Xbox
- Travellers returning from red list countries such as Brazil currently pay £1,750 for an 11-day hotel quarantine in the UK but ministers have now agreed to hike prices by more than 30 per cent to £2,285.
- Families typically spent nearly six hours per day bingeing on broadcast channels, streaming services and online content such as YouTube last year, research reveals.
- Alta Fixsler has no 'conscious awareness' and experiences constant pain, according to her doctors at a Manchester hospital. Her parents say their Jewish faith means they cannot turn her life support off.
- via mirror.co.ukMeghan Markle, who has opted for a chic neutral palette and accessorised her space with a £1,240 Hermes throw, gave a sneak peek inside her home office as she celebrated her 40th birthday
- Victoria has recorded six new Covid-19 cases - including three mystery infections - just hours after celebrating the state's first 'doughnut day' in more than three weeks.
- Staff at food and vegetable producer SPC's factory in regional Victoria must be fully immunised by the end of November, the firm said in an Australia-first announcement on Thursday.
- Oxford researchers studied 3,000 brands from ten leading firms, giving each a nutritional score for healthiness, Just one top 50 seller moved from unhealthy to healthy category in four years.
- via theguardian.comKyaw Moe Tun, who has defied regime attempts to sack him, tells UN it must take action over killings in remote Sagaing areaMyanmar’s ambassador to the United Nations, who has refused to leave his post despite being fired by the junta after the February coup, has alerted the world body to a “reported massacre” by the military.Kyaw Moe Tun sent a letter to the UN secretary general, António Guterres, on Tuesday saying 40 bodies had been found in July in the Sagaing area of
- The Ford van was reportedly speeding when it crashed into a utility pole while coming off the Highway 281 in Encino on Wednesday afternoon.
- House investigators met this week with high-level DOJ official Patrick Hovakimian, who said acting AG Jeffrey Rosen 'repeatedly refused' Trump's efforts to get DOJ to do 'improper things.'
- Australian soldiers who refuse to get vaccinated against Covid-19 could be banned from serving overseas and numerous frontline roles in high-risk environments.
- Ex-Commando Johnny Mercer and Tobias Ellwood, chairman of the Commons defence committee, are leading calls for the UK to reverse its decision to abandon the country.
- The legendary drummer, 80, underwent a 'successful procedure' in London after a routine check-up highlighted a problem, according to reports.
Strictly Come Dancing 2021: McFly star Tom Fletcher shares sister Carrie’s classic sibling response to him joining line-upTom Fletcher surprised his sister Carrie with his Strictly news (Picture: Instagram)McFly star Tom Fletcher revealed his sister’s brutally honest response to the news he has signed up for Strictly Come Dancing 2021.The guitarist was the first contestant to be announced for the upcoming series, which kicks off later this year, and confessing he is ‘equal parts excited and terrified’.His sis, actress Carrie Fletcher, reacted the only way a sibling could when she found out –
- The National Retail Association and online business owners have criticised the uncertainty around Queensland's official health advice on retail shopping.
- via mirror.co.ukCaolan Mc Aree was on a flight home from Malaga, in Spain, to Dublin, in Ireland, when he noticed the couple sitting near him on the almost empty flight
- Arup, working for the UK business department, said it could cause 39 blasts and 65 injuries per year in the kitchen or ground floor.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!