- The official, who is believed to work at the Department for International Trade, was held 'on suspicion of offences under the Official Secrets Act, Scotland Yard said.
- The tiny dog was savaged by a pack of bull terriers (Picture: Alliah Akam/MEN Media)A tiny dog has been left in a critical condition after its jaw was ‘ripped open’ by a pack of dogs as their owners laughed.Tina Agius, 61, was out walking her four dogs on Wednesday morning when she crossed paths with three men and six dogs.As she approached the group she asked if all their dogs, bull terrier crossed lurchers, were on leads to which they ‘laughed and said yeah’.However, on
- Strict new measures from the home secretary could also ban EU criminals from Britain (Picture: PA)Strict new measures post-Brexit could ban criminals from the EU entering Britain and see homeless migrants deported.Home secretary Priti Patel will today reveal to Parliament her plans to crack down on EU nationals who break the law from January 1.It means anyone who was given a prison sentence of 12 months or could be prevented from entering the UK, MailOnline reports.‘For too long, EU rules
Ryan Giggs rates Manchester United’s chances against Chelsea and identifies major ‘problem’ for Ole Gunnar SolskjaerManchester United welcome Frank Lampard’s Chelsea on Saturday afternoon (Picture: Getty)Ryan Giggs believes Chelsea’s failure to establish a solid centre-back pairing could spell trouble for Frank Lampard’s side at Old Trafford – but he admits Manchester United have had a similar ‘problem’ with their defence this season.The Red Devils head into the heavyweight Premier League clash on the back of a stunning 2-1 away to Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions Leagu
- 'Google doing very little to vet advertisers' - consumer finance campaigner
Nick Knowles pays heartfelt tribute to dad who died five years after being attacked by football thugsSimon Dobbin had appeared on DIY SOS in 2019 (Picture: SWNS/Getty)Nick Knowles has paid an emotional tribute to a dad who died five years after being battered by football hooligans.Simon Dobbin was left with life-changing injuries after being brutally beaten by football thugs in 2015.
The Cambridge United supporter, 48, was attacked by a large group of Southend United fans after their teams’ 0-0 draw.
The men stamped on his head for 90 seconds, causing him to suffer permanent brain damage
- The Government is understood to be drawing up legislation to make it illegal for care homes to employ staff who work at multiple sites in England.
- Sex workers may be expected to put up with racism (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)When you think about porn, racism probably isn’t the first thing on your mind.
But racism worms its way into every corner of human life, and the world of sexual fantasies, fetishes and sex work is no different.A quick search reveals just how often porn sites use racist stereotypes, as mentions of ‘big, black c***’ for Black men or ‘tight Asian p****’ for Asian women are rife.
- Celebrity Juice is kicking off today, with Laura Whitmore and Emily Atack joining Keith Lemon (Picture: David Tuck)Keith Lemon will be joined by new team captains Laura Whitmore and Emily Atack when Celebrity Juice returns to screens tonight.The Love Island host and Inbetweeners favourite swooped in to replace Holly Willoughby and Mel B after the pair left the show earlier this year.And, speaking about what we can expect from the new series, the 47-year-old told Metro.co.uk that they were his id
- Teenagers as young as 17 can now apply to become a police constable - although will have to wait a year before doing the job. means people too young to buy a pint can put themselves up for role
- Adele is getting her head around her Saturday Night Live script (Picture: Getty)Adele has given fans a teaser as she gets ready to host Saturday Night Live for the first time.The singer will be fronting the American sketch show this weekend and has got a lot of lines to learn.She posted a photo of herself on Instagram wearing a face mask and studying her SNL script as rehearsals get underway.‘3 days to go’ she wrote in the picture caption.The Hello singer, who last appeared on the sh
- Dr Clare Gardiner, the director general of the Joint Biosecurity Centre, has warned that a Tier 3 Covid-19 lockdown could be imposed as a preventative measure even if the Government's requirements are not met
- Mesut Ozil appears to have already played his final game for Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Mesut Ozil is convinced his Arsenal playing career has effectively been ended for non-footballing reasons.
Having fallen out with Arsene Wenger’s successor Unai Emery, the former Germany international appeared to have resurrected his Gunners career having featured prominently in the early weeks of Mikel Arteta’s tenure.Indeed, Ozil started the first 10 Premier League games of his former team-mate&rsq
- Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough pay tribute to ‘sweet’ Benjamin on his birthday after his death (Picture: Instagram)Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough were seen paying tribute to Benjamin Keough on what would have been his 28th birthday.
Lisa Marie’s son Benjamin was found dead at his home, aged 27, in Calabasas, California in July.Reports later confirmed that the young musician – who is the grandchild of late music icon Elvis Presley and Priscilla and brother of act
- Caption: The new NHS Covid-19 mobile phone application has had a bumpy road but has been downloaded more than 16 million times (Credits: PA)The development of the contact tracing app for Covid-19 was ‘bumpy and painful’ according to the head of the NHS’s innovation division.England and Wales’s app, which uses Bluetooth to keep an anonymous log of those in close proximity, was delayed due to technical issues and concerns about privacy.The first version was led by NHSX but
- Tony Bobulinski told the New York Post on Wednesday that he personally witnessed Joe Biden discuss business deals with his son, Hunter, contradicting claims by the former vice president.
- The Chancellor looks set to tweak his Winter Economic Plan - before the leaves are even off the trees - in an 11.30am statement to help the millions stranded in the no-mans-land of Tier 2 lockdown
- Dolly Alderton has been described as ‘Nora Ephron for the millennial generation’ (Picture: Neil Cameron)It’s 2pm on a rainy Thursday and Dolly Alderton is still in bed. Correction, she’s spent the morning working in bed.‘I know you are not meant to but it’s lush,’ she says, then coughs. ‘Excuse me. That’s my fault for smoking cigarettes last night.’Dating columnist, podcaster and author of a hit memoir (Everything I Know About Love), Al
- Lily James appeared on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon without addressing the controversy surrounding her trip to Italy with Dominic West.The 31-year-old actress was pictured kissing The Affair actor in Rome earlier this month. He then returned home where he put on a united front with his wife Catherine FitzGerald outside their house in the Cotswolds.The Wests later said in a handwritten statement their marriage is ‘strong’ and they are ‘very much still together’.Earli
- Two people were killed and at least six were injured in three separate shootings in Brooklyn and the Bronx on Wednesday night. No arrests have been madeas of early Thursday morning.
- It can be tough to move on seamlessly after a breakup (Picture: Neil Webb)My long-term relationship ended in June and although the last few years were difficult because we owned a business, it ended amicably and we’re friends.
I’m now in a new relationship with a man who also experienced a breakup this year. My friends worry I’ve moved on too quickly but I grieved for my last relationship while I was in it.
My new boyfriend is mostly a breath of fresh air but I do worry about s
- The sportswriter, 53, made the declaration during an appearance on Tucker Carlson Tonight on Wednesday
Dr Amir Khan has warned that coronavirus cases could peak in the UK in as little as four to six weeks.
Appearing on Good Morning Britain on Thursday, the medical professional, who is standing in for Dr Hilary Jones on the show, had been discussing the latest pandemic news with hosts Kate Garraway and Charlotte Hawkins.
As restrictions tighten across the US, with areas in the North East,
Wales 'will nationalise its 900-miles of railway' after bailout talks with current operator collapseThe Welsh Government had been in talks with KeolisAmey about a possible bailout in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic, but talks have fallen through, according to the Telegraph.
- Research by comparison website Finder found Aussie workers are pushing for quirky work benefits to get the most of their job for both themselves and their employer.
- The new rescue package will help hospitality firms hit by tier two restrictions (Picture: AFP via Getty/Reuters)Rishi Sunak is set to announce a fourth support package in as many months to help hard-hit businesses in regions under tier two coronavirus restrictions.The Chancellor will reportedly unveil a new plan to help firms, particularly pubs and restaurants, who have seen their trade plummet as a result of the ban on households mixing indoors.Although hospitality businesses in ‘high&rsq
- On Wednesday NASA released incredible video and images showing the moment OSIRIS-REx touched down on the asteroid Bennu, more than 200 million miles away from Earth, Tuesday night.
- When the grave of an Aboriginal man was exhumed in colonial-era Australia, an empty coffin sparked sinister rumours among the local townsfolk.
Ex Tiger Air flight attendant Melissa Nosti from North Ryde who had sex with boy is released on bailMelissa Nosti, 33, from North Ryde in northern Sydney, used to work as an attendance officer at the school the teenage boy attended back in 2010.
- It’s stressful when your baby won’t stop crying. Really stressful… But here we learn a few techniques using just your voice. Good luck (Picture: Getty/iStockphoto)We all know that person. The one who, when picking up a screaming and crying baby, somehow manages to instantly get them to stop crying (it’s not usually us).
Listening to our baby cry inconsolably our arms usually means instant stress – and as we get more stressed and the baby gets more frantic, it gets
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!