- Chancellor Rishi Sunak issued a Christmas warning ahead of the PM’s big announcement tomorrow (Picture: Tolga Akmen / AFP)Rishi Sunak has warned ‘Christmas is not going to be normal’ despite England preparing to move out of lockdown and into a tougher three-tier system next month.Boris Johnson will detail his ‘winter Covid plan’ tomorrow, setting out the restrictions to replace the national lockdown on December 2 and how people can spend the festive period.Downing S
- Ian Garrick said ‘money isn’t a cure for all problems’ but the house has been the boost he and his sons desperately needed (Picture: PA)A man who was left bereft after losing his wife to cancer has won a £1 million home after donating £10 in a charity raffle.Father-of-three Ian Garrick, 56, said the incredible win was the ‘boost’ he and his grieving sons desperately needed after losing wife Julie to breast cancer almost five years ago.The civil servant f
- The world’s most powerful console – just not necessarily at launch (pic: Microsoft)The Xbox Series X is supposed to be the most powerful console in the world, so how comes some multiformat PS5 game run better?Everyone knows the Xbox Series X doesn’t have much of a launch line-up, with its highest profile game being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla… which, embarrassingly, runs better on PlayStation 5; as does Devil May Cry 5 and Dirt 5.That’s despite the fact that th
A furious tradesman smashed up houses he had been building after claiming he hadn’t been paid.Video footage posted on TikTok shows the worker standing on scaffolding, using a hammer to tear pieces off the side of the building while his colleagues attempt to calm him down.It has the caption: ‘Calm down Tony.’A man can be heard saying: ‘Tony, calm down, come here ma
- Pauline’s new book is called I Hate Men (Picture: Bénédicte Roscot)This summer, Pauline Harmange’s book stirred up so much ire in her native France that one French government adviser tried to get it banned. It’s hardly surprising: called I Hate Men, the title is undoubtedly controversial.
But despite the resulting furore – and the substantial amount of online hate directed at her – the 25-year-old author has ‘no regrets at all’.‘I thi
- The royal Christmas will be smaller this year (Picture: Getty/PA)Like all of us this year, the Queen is going to have some big decisions to make about what to do over the festive period.
Rules will be relaxed to allow three households to meet for five days between December 23 and 27 – but these bubbles must remain fixed, meaning people cannot swap between groups.Normally, the royal family descend en masse to the Sandringham estate for a festive stay with the monarch.This year, things are l
- More reasons to love Alison (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/REX)Alison Hammond just added to the reasons why we love her so much, as she responded to claims she could ‘put herself through bullying’ because of her weight.The 45-year-old has been praised for saying that she cannot be bullied because she ‘suffers from really high levels of self esteem’.The This Morning star responded to a bariatric nurse on Twitter, who tweeted: ‘Dear Alison, please don’t put yourself th
- Sarah Knuth told of her shock after discovering that a photo of her with her husband and two children had gone viral, but her husband's face had been photoshopped out
- Lockdown will be lifted, but strict rules remain in place across much of the country (Picture: Martin Rickett/PA)Lockdown rules in England are to be lifted next week when the country re-enters the three-tier system which was in place across October.The majority of the nation will be put under tier two measures, while Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle and Bristol will face the strictest tier three measures.The fates of each local authority were announced this morning when the government re-launch
- Only a small section of clubs will benefit from the return of fans to stadiums (Picture: Getty)Manchester United are among 10 Premier League clubs who will not be permitted to have fans in attendance for matches from next Wednesday onwards following the announcement of the latest three-tier system.Sport has been played behind closed doors since March when the UK first went into lockdown, though the government announced spectators will be begin to be allowed to return to live events in limited nu
- In a new report, it's revealed that over 55s are taking more climate friendly, sustainable action day-to-day than those aged 18-34
Camilla Thurlow gets real honest about breastfeeding struggles as she shares 3am snap with baby NellCamilla Thurlow gets real honest about breastfeeding struggles (Picture: Instagram)Camilla Thurlow is currently settling into mum life and she admits breastfeeding her baby daughter has been ‘challenging’ so far.
The Love Island star and boyfriend Jamie Jewitt, both 30, welcomed their first child together at the end of October, and since then, Camilla has been sharing plenty of baby updates with fans.
Among the cute pictures of little Nell, however, have been some candid posts about
- England's failing Test and Trace system had another poor week as some 60.3% of close contacts of people who tested positive for Covid-19 were reached, down from the previous week
- Springer spaniel Meg managed to get the 8cm stick stuck up her nose for a month but her owners only discovered it when blood started gushing out
- The travel rules between the three tiers explained(Picture: Metro.co.uk)The national lockdown in England is due to end in a week’s time, when the country will return to a three-tier system.
Each tier represents a different level of restrictions, with people in tier three areas facing the most draconian rules.
The system coming into force on December 2 is similar to what was in place before the lockdown, only slightly stricter and more uniform, with regional governments no longer given the
- The new arrangements will apply from December 2 after England’s blanket lockdown ends and restrictions have been tightened after Government scientific advisers warned that previous measures had not been effective enough
- Halima Aden says she is quitting fashion (Picture: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)Fashion model Halima Aden has revealed on her Instagram that she is quitting runway shows due to her religious beliefs.The 22-year-old is one of the first hijab-wearing Muslim models to advertise for brands such as Yeezy’s, Levi’s, Fenty, Nike, and various Fashion Week catwalks.But, the model and headscarf designer said in a series of Instagram stories that she would be leaving the industry and only w
- The decision will be a relief to many in the hospitality industry who will be able to reopen when the current national lockdown ends on December 2.
- A three-mile stretch of the River Ouse, between Ely and Littleport in Cambridgeshire, has now been announced as the new venue for the race, which will take place in April.
Ben Shephard has made a moving tribute to a Tipping Point contestant who died after filming for the show.Yesterday’s pre-recorded episode featured a contestant called Alan, who sadly died before the programme hit our screens.The retired mystery shopper from Glasgow, who didn’t get past the first round, was also joined by contestants Angie, Chris and Kerry on the quiz show.Tak
- Kee Kee keeps nicking her neighbours’ possessions – and shows no remorse (Picture: SWNS)Kee Kee the cat has a dark and destructive vice: stealing people’s underwear and bringing it back to her home.
This habit doesn’t seem to bother Kee Kee much, and she doesn’t appear to have any plans to tackle her strange addiction.
But it is causing a bit of embarrassment for the seven-year-old cat’s owner, Georgia Careless.
Kee Kee has so far brought home piles of socks,
- The local breakdown has been published after days of wrangling, with Tories up in arms at the prospect of 'lockdown by another name'.
- Cornwall, Scilly Isles and the Isle of Wight are the only places going into tier one (Picture: Getty/ Rex)Only three places across England are going to be placed in the first tier of restrictions once lockdown ends.
Cornwall, the Scilly Isles and the Isle of Wight will be the only parts of the country that will enjoy greater freedoms.
It means people who don’t live together can meet up indoors and outdoors, as long as they obey the rule of six, and pubs can open without having to serve a s
- Police said the woman - who reportedly fell asleep at the wheel when she went off track and landed in a freezing Ohio river - may not have survived had officers not arrived 30 seconds later
- Temperatures in Britain tonight are forecast to dip to -3 to -5 Celsius in rural spots, Met Office meteorologist Bonnie Diamond told MailOnline. Pictured: Northampton this morning.
- The three-tier system will replace the national lockdown on December 2 (Picture: Getty)The government has announced the details of the updated three-tier system which will replace England’s national lockdown next week.Mr Johnson said the previous three-tiered system did ‘not do enough to reduce the R number below one’, and that the new system will see harsher restrictions, with more areas in higher tiers.The tier that areas fall into is defined by five key factors: the detectio
- The Government postcode checker for finding out which tier your local area of England has been placed into after the coronavirus lockdown crashed today just minutes after going live.
- Everyone can now find out which tier their area is going to be in after the national lockdown ends (Picture: PA)The health secretary revealed this morning which tiers every area of England will be in as the country exits lockdown.On December 2 everywhere will be plunged back into a regionalised new tier system – ‘medium’, ‘high’ and ‘very high’ – similar to before the second lockdown, but with harsher restrictions.Matt Hancock told the Commons: &ls
- ITN Productions has apologised for filming with Melanie Sykes (Picture: Getty)ITN Productions has apologised for ‘mistakenly conducting’ filming with Melanie Sykes without taking coronavirus regulations into account.
Melanie was spotted in Italy during the second lockdown, as she shared photos on her Instagram, and appeared not to self-isolate afterwards.ITN Productions told Metro.co.uk in a statement: ‘Filming with Melanie Sykes was mistakenly conducted without taking into acc
- The body confirmed it was in the process of launching an inquiry, and seeking a third party to do so, regarding allegations of disorganisation and bullying.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!