Chinese gang leader who launched brutal attack on women who rejected advances is jailed for 24 yearsWARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Chen Jizhi started hitting the women after they rejected his 'harassment' in Tangshan city, east of the capital Beijing.
- Trevor Noah plans to leave The Daily Show, the flagship Comedy Central series after a seven-year tenure. The news was announced on Thursday night to his audience, and came as a surprise.
- Julie Bishop says Peter Dutton needs to perform and the teal MPs should have been chosen by the Liberals as she passes judgement on those name on Australia on AFR's annual 'power' list.
- Labor Resources Minister Madeleine King warned on Thursday that Aussies should not expect gas prices to return to pre-Ukraine war levels for some time.
- Popular ready to cook pizzas have been recalled from Coles stores across the country after they were labelled with the incorrect use by date.
- Speaking to reporters Wednesday, Lee County boss Roger Dejarlais ordered the curfew for all cities including Fort Myers, where the brunt of the hurricane was felt before it moved northeast.
- A new report by corporate investigators into 102 cases of million-dollar fraud by Australian staff found $350million was stolen between 2012 and 2022, but the true figure could be 10 times higher.
- A holidaymaker who found mysterious red blisters all over her legs after returning from a holiday in Bali later discovered she had come into contact with a toxic insect
- Republican Attorney General Mark Brnovich announced the lawsuit on Twitter hours after a joint legal challenge from Nebraska, Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas and South Carolina.
- Russian leader Vladimir Putin has called the leaks on the Nord Stream pipelines "unprecedented sabotage" and "an act of international terrorism" with Russia and the West making veiled accusations
- Western Australia Police are urging the public to stay 'vigilant' after a 34-year-old man was executed in broad daylight in a Perth workshop in an attack believed to be linked to our bikie wars.
- Conservative broadcaster Alan Jones was shut down on Q&A when he raised the issue of violence against Aboriginal women and noted Indigenous senator Jacinta Price's campaign.
- Australia's National Cabinet has reportedly agreed to scrap Covid isolation rules.
- For almost half a century, the name of Renee MacRae has occupied near-mythical status as a byword for one of Scotland's most infamous unsolved crimes.
- Stephanie Rolfe and Stuart MacDonald have been told to "dismantle" the moveable home they began work on in 2018 over a planning application row but their local MP has intervened
- Russian leader Vladimir Putin has signed a decree to recognise the independence of two Ukrainian regions in a step before he could formally annex them on Friday
- The Duke, 38, and Duchess, 41, of Sussex are working on a documentary as part of their $100 million deal with the streaming service.
- Neena Pacholke, 27, killed herself last month in the Wausau, Wisconsin, home she and fiancé Kyle Haase had bought together in July, A police report reveals how Kyle requested a welfare check
- Liz Truss vowed to press ahead with her 'controversial' economic plans - despite Tory warnings that the fallout from her 'mini-Budget' could hand Keir Starmer's Labour the next election.
- Guidance set by the Care Quality Commission states that visits should be unrestricted unless there is a Covid outbreak in a home, in which 'each resident should be able to have one visitor at a time'.
- The number is the highest on record, according to law firm Nockolds, and the actual figures are likely to be even higher as most private prosecutions do not qualify for state funding.
- Labour MP Rupa Huq has pulled out of a planned appearance on Have I Got News For You after she was suspended from her party for describing Kwasi Kwarteng as 'superficially' black.
- The mystery person, who goes by the online name 'Optusdata', has vanished from the online forum BreachForums and not logged on since issuing an apology on Tuesday.
- Last year DailyMail.com exclusively revealed that love rat Tristan Thompson was set to become a father for the third time.
Maralee Nichols decided to sue the athlete for child support.
- In a statement issued on Friday morning, Infrastructure Minister Rob Stokes confirmed he will not contest the 2023 state election.
- Victoria Park council in Peth introduces $5000 fine if locals organic bin smells bad, according to a new council law. This fine is if their green garden organic bin attracts a bad odour.
Miami mayor fled Hurricane Ian to attend big money fundraisers; tweeting 'stay informed & stay safe'As the state of Florida was bracing for Hurricane Ian. Miami Mayor Francis Suarez was in the Big Apple attending two swanky big-money fundraisers in his honor.
- Leanne Cartwright, 41, was photographed by the Google car standing in the same spot in her hometown of Carlisle, Cumbria - nine years apart in a 'one in a billion' coincidence.
- Lord Carey of Clifton, 86, aformer archbishop of Canterbury has called on Westminster Abbey to return a sacred tablet to Ethiopia, but any repatriation may need to be approved by the King.
- A 34-year-old billionaire heiress who was found dead after going missing from an early morning jog was killed by a gunshot wound, according to an autopsy report
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!