- Greenhouse gas emissions can have devastating environmental impacts(Picture: Rex)China’s greenhouse gas emissions have overtaken those of 37 developed nations combined for the first time, a new report suggests.Rhodium Group, which tracks emissions data every year, says China was responsible more than 27 percent of the world’s emissions in 2019.But because the country’s 1.4 billion population is so large, the amount of emissions released per person is actually slightly lower tha
- Complaints have been made about GB News (Picture: GB News)GB News has already been hit with Ofcom complaints just days after launching.Andrew Neil fronted the channel’s debut on Sunday night with an hour-long introduction to the presenting line-up before Dan Wootton appeared with his inaugural show.Despite being plagued with technical difficulties, Neil told viewers that GB News would ‘give a voice to those who feel sidelined or silenced’, while ‘exposing cancel culture a
- Davood left EastEnders in April (Picture: BBC)EastEnders and Holby City star Davood Ghadami has shared a rare snap of his family while on a day out.Davood played Kush Kazemi in the BBC One soap for seven years and tends to keep his personal life out of the spotlight.Davood, who’s married to his wife Isobel and has two daughters, posted a picture on his Instagram sharing a moment from a surprise trip out to the Harry Potter Warner Bro’s studios, just outside of London.He captioned the
- The seat can inform flight attendants when a dangerous event might happen (Picture: AP)Each year, hundreds of airline passengers experience some sort of heart trouble while mid-air.Attracting the attention of an airline steward can be tricky at the best of times, let alone for a medical emergency that require urgent treatment.But a German company thinks it’s come up with a solution – seats that monitor your heart rate in real-time.The seat-embedded sensors are supposedly capable of m
- (Picture: Channel 5)Poo-gate rumbles on as the ante is upped by the warring Neighbours. But things are about to take a very serious turn when a child is caught up in the bad behaviour.Angela Lane (Amanda Harrison) is vexed by the manure on her doorstep and believes Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher) is behind it. She’s not about to let this muck fly and decides something has to be done. She spreads her own poop about, besmirching Susan’s name at the school. Not cool Angela, not cool. Espec
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher believes his former club may need to spend big (Picture: Getty)Jamie Carragher is confident Ibrahima Konate ‘ticks all the boxes’ for Liverpool but feels Jurgen Klopp must further strengthen his squad with the addition of a midfielder to replace Gini Wijnaldum and a top attacking player this summer.Liverpool surrendered the Premier League title to Manchester City after a disappointing defence of their 2019/20 crown but finished strongly to secure Cham
Loki episode 2: Viewers lose it as Photoshopped Tom Hiddleston photo is hilariously snuck into Marvel seriesLoki is jam packed full of surprises (Picture: Courtesy of Marvel Studios/Disney Plus)Warning: spoilers ahead for episode 2 of Loki.Fans of Loki have gone wild after spotting a Photoshopped photo of Tom Hiddleston snuck into episode 2 of the Marvel series on Disney Plus thanks to ‘impressive detective skills’.In the second instalment of the MCU show, Loki joins TVA agent Mobius M Mobius (Owen Wilson) on a mission to track down the rogue Loki variant causing havoc, who turns out to be
- The rate at which vaccines are being given out has slowed (Picture: Metro)The UK’s vaccine rollout is now lagging behind other European countries with leaders admitting supplies of the crucial Pfizer jab are ‘tight.’Latest figures show only 368,555 doses were administered on Monday, around half the 844,285 jabs given out on a single day in March.
Boris Johnson is pining his hopes of ending all restrictions on July 19 on ‘finishing the job’ and getting all adults vac
- Kieffer Moore scored for Wales in their opening draw with Switzerland (Picture: Getty Images)Wales will feel that they need to win on Wednesday afternoon when they take on Turkey in Baku as they scrap for qualification from Group A of Euro 2020.The Welsh began their campaign with a 1-1 draw against Switzerland and with Italy waiting in their final group game, they need a result against Turkey in Azerbaijan.The Turks are also desperate for a positive result after a 3-0 defeat to Italy in their op
- If you see an Asian hornet, reporting it could help prevent an invasion of the bee-killing species (Picture: SWNS)If you see an unusually large wasp, with a dark brown or black velvety body, yellow-tipped legs and a yellow band on its abdomen, it might be an Asian hornet – a mortal threat to the beloved honey bee.Scientists are urging the British public to report any sightings of Asian hornets to see off a possible invasion, which would be devastating to British bee colonies and crops.The
- Mr Cummings, the prime minister’s former top aide, has had a high profile falling out with him and is now criticising his handling of the crisis. (Picture: Getty)Dominic Cummings has posted a screenshot of a Whatsapp message he says is from Boris Johnson, in which the prime minister appears to describe Matt Hancock as ‘totally f***ing hopeless’.It was in response to figures about the low number of Covid tests being carried out earlier on in the pandemic.Mr Cummings, the prime m
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – the clouds will only look that good thanks to the cloud (pic: Microsoft)Games like Starfield, Redfall, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, and Microsoft Flight Simulator are coming to Xbox One, but only via the cloud.The question of cross-generational games has become extremely confused over the last year or so. Microsoft originally claimed it would have no Xbox Series X exclusives for the first two years of the console’s life, while Sony countered that by implying that th
- Details for tickets and prize money have been released (Picture: Getty Images)Wimbledon tickets will go on sale on Thursday with The Championships able to host 50% capacity across the grounds throughout the tournament.
Fans will have to register with myWIMBLEDON by midnight on Wednesday 16 June before the first batch go on sale at 1pm the next day.
While there is 50% capacity for the majority of the tournament, which starts on Monday June 28, full capacity will be allowed for the semi-finals and
- Dr Susan Hopkins, of Public Health England, laid bare how rapidly the virus would be spreading without the jab - thanks to the highly transmissible new variant
In news that will likely shock no one, Fox presenter Ivory Hecker has been fired after accusing the network of ‘muzzling’ her as she gave a live segment on the heatwaves in Texas this week.Hecker, who reported for Fox 26 in Houston, was preparing to give a weather report on Monday when she decided to go off-script, with a representative for the network branding the move &lsq
- Ramsdale was relegated with the Blades last season (Picture: Getty)Sheffield United goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale is a target for Arsenal this summer.The Gunners are reportedly open to selling regular no1 Bernd Leno if the club can line up a suitable replacement before the start of the new season.Ajax shot stopper Andre Onana is thought to be a target for the north London club but The Sun report Ramsdale is also being considered.The 23-year-old, who was yesterday called into the England squad to rep
- TheMet Officehas a yellow warning in place for much of England and parts of Wales from 6pm, lasting until 9am on Saturday - although temperatures will remain high
- The Delta variant accounts for 90% of the UK’s coronavirus cases (Picture: Getty)The Delta Covid-19 variant has contributed to the UK’s rising infection rates, causing England’s lockdown to be delayed by at least four weeks.Its scientific name is B.1.617.2, and the variant is thought to have been brought over to the UK from New Delhi and Mumbai between late March and the end of April.Since then, it’s become the most dominant strain in the UK, accounting for 90% of cases.B
- A new picture shows what the Duke of Sussex, 36, is expected to look like if he doesn't address his hair loss, with a leading surgeon calling on the prince to take action now
- BLM activist Sasha Johnson remains in a critical condition (Picture: Getty Images)Another person has been arrested over the shooting of the black equal rights activist Sasha Johnson, police have confirmed.
The Metropolitan Police said the man, 25, was detained on suspicion of conspiracy to murder in Kent in the early hours of Wednesday.Mother-of-two Ms Johnson remains in a critical condition in hospital following the incident in Peckham, south London, in the early hours of May 23.Two men have so
- Russian President Vladimir Putin landed in Geneva Wednesday shortly before he was to sit down for a pair of summit meetings with President Joe Biden.
- Photos taken just six hours before a young mum was allegedly stabbed to death by a complete stranger have emerged. Gabrielle Marshall was found dead at 3am on Tuesday in a Tasmanian town.
- A leaked government paper suggests ministers may stop short of telling Brits to return to the office - and could remove perspex screens in pubs over fears they're doing more than than good
- CCTV footage shows a Yodel driver delivering a case of wine to a house in Horsforth, West Yorkshire, when he appears to accidentally drop the box at the front door step and smash some of the bottles.
- Lord Frost today accused the EU of failing to engage with the UK's proposals to fix the Northern Ireland Protocol as he warned 'time is running out' to agree solutions.
- Mary with the six generations of her family, including new arrival Nyla (Picture: SWNS)Mary Marshall is a mum of eight and has 90 grandchildren, with a family stretching over six generations.The latest arrival, baby Nyla Ferguson, makes the 86-year-old Scotland’s only great-great-great grandma.All the women, except new mum Toni-Leigh, work, or have previously worked, as carers for the NHS.Head of the family Mary has eight children including eldest daughter Rose Thorburn, 68.Rose has four c
- Corinna Smith, 59, mixed the liquid with three bags of sugar and left 81-year-old Michael Baines with 36 per cent burns at their home in Wirral, Cheshire. She then told a neighbour: 'I think I've killed him'.
- Gympie woman Sarah Brown, 23, who left her Victory Heights home around 6pm on June 7. Her body was found in nearby bushland a week later.
- The Whitehall paper suggests that the government will stop short of urging workers to return to offices even after 'Freedom Day' finally arrives.
- The grieving family of student found dead in a Manchester Hilton hotel room after going on a date have called for police to re-investigate the circumstances.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!