- He walked in pitch darkness to reach an emergency phone (Picture: Cambridgeshire Constabulary)A 17-year-old boy has been rescued after he was left stranded on the side of a motorway in Cambridgeshire.The teenager had been abandoned by his parents on the M11.He was forced to walk a mile in the pitch darkness to reach an emergency SOS phone to call for help.Police were able to come to his aid and ensure he was placed in a safe home following the traumatic incident.Cambridgeshire Constabulary raise
- I’m always fascinated when the ‘most popular names’ lists are revealed each year (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)As Shakespeare’s Juliet once famously pondered, ‘What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.’And while that may be true, it certainly doesn’t feel like it when you’re a parent-to-be, rifling through endless books, trying to pick a name for your unborn child.It’s the first label you g
- Will Victoria report David to the police? (Pictures: ITV)David Metcalfe (Matthew Wolfenden) has messed up again in big style in Emmerdale.
After getting a speeding ticket, he put Victoria Barton (Isabel Hodgins)’s name down on the form for the speeding fine rather than his own, fearing that he could lose his license and scupper his plans to set up a delivery service for the shop. This somewhat dubious scheme may have worked, but unfortunately for David, Victoria was stopped by t
- Poor Harvey is delivered more bad news (Picture: BBC / Jack Barnes / Kieron McCarron)Freddie Slater (Bobby Brazier) is tasked with delivering shocking news to Harvey Monroe (Ross Boatman) in EastEnders next week, after he makes a huge discovery.
Harvey, as viewers know, has been messaging a woman named Sophia on a dating app, after Rocky (Brian Conley) encouraged him to sign up and take a leap of faith.
The online interaction between the two, however, is seemingly not what it seems, with Rocky n
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Casemiro are no longer teammates at Manchester United (Reuters)Casemiro says he is ‘sad’ to see Cristiano Ronaldo leave Manchester United but believes his former teammate ‘knows what is good for him’.United moved swiftly to terminate Ronaldo’s contract in the wake of his controversial interview with Piers Morgan last week in which he criticised Erik ten Hag and the club’s owners.Ronaldo is now free to join a new club, while United are see
- Liam Smith was a ‘devoted dad, much-loved son, brother, grandson and uncle’ (Picture: MEN Media)A heartbroken family have paid tribute to a ‘devoted’ father who was found dumped on a street with ‘potentially hazardous’ substances on his body.Liam Smith, 38, was discovered on a residential street at around 7pm on Thursday in Shevington, a suburb of Wigan, Greater Manchester.In a brief statement released through the police, his family said: ‘Liam was kind-
- Thousands have taken to the streets to protest China's repressive zero-Covid policy that has seen swathes of some regions in lockdown since August whilst the rest of the world carries on as normal
- A number of people have been evacuated (Picture: UKNIP)An explosion has ripped through a property in London in the early hour of this morning, it has been reported.Four fire crews from Bexley, Plumstead and surrounding stations were called to battle the well-developed fire on Lower Road in Belvedere.Firefighters scrambled to the scene around 1am after reports of a powerful blast at the bungalow, which is understood to have been unoccupied.A number of people have been evacuated from nearby p
Strictly Come Dancing star Helen Skelton broke down in tears before her performance, saying she feels like a ‘different person’ on the show following a difficult few months.The Countryfile star split from her husband Richie Myler earlier this year, previously saying she felt ‘battle-hardened’ from it.This week, before she took to the floor to perform her Samba wit
- Freddie Roman died in Florida on Saturday morning (Picture: Getty Images)Comedian Freddie Roman has died at the age of 85, it has been confirmed. The comic and actor, who was well known for his Comedy Central roasts, died on Saturday morning in Boynton Beach, Florida. According to his daughter, Roman suffered a heart attack, Deadline reports.Paying tribute to the late star, Stranger Things actor Paul Reiser tweeted: ‘A great loss to the world of comedy. My dear friend #FreddieRom
- When is the right time to bare your soul? (Picture: Shutterstock)Despite more open discussions, in many ways, mental health is still taboo.Especially if you’re a parent, a man, or someone with a diagnosis that strays from the more commonly-accepted anxiety and depression. If your mental health has a large bearing on your life and the way you live it, it may feel wrong not to share your diagnosis with a new partner – but that can feel intense.‘It can feel scary talking abou
- The Queen Consort has broken with centuries of tradition and scrapped the role of lady-in-waiting at Buckingham Palace and replaced it with her own role
- Arsenal are leading the race to sign Mykhaylo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk (SNS Group)Arsenal are on the verge of signing Shakhtar Donetsk winger Mykhaylo Mudryk, according to reports.The 21-year-old had attracted interest from a host of clubs across Europe in the summer and his performances for the Ukrainian side in the Champions League this season have made him increasingly in demand ahead of the January transfer window.Shakhtar, however, are keen to secure the biggest sale in their history by
- Cara Delevingne will be exploring the gender climax gap in her new BBC series (Picture: Shutterstock)Cara Delevingne has taken the idea of donating blood to a whole new level after doing so to help find answers surrounding the female orgasm. The supermodel, 30, has embarked on a mission to explore the mystery around the ‘gender climax gap’, which is a term used to describe why men are more likely to orgasm during sex than women. She’ll take viewers along on her invest
- Senator David Pocock described the new process to review Australian welfare payments as a 'game changer for people living below the poverty line'.
- The government urgently needs to prioritise mental health ‘more than ever’ (Picture: Getty Images)The lifting of Covid restrictions was, initially, a ‘turning point’ for the mental health of millions in the UK.After two incredibly unsettled years, that severely impacted the mental health of many, people were allowed to rejoin society and interact with friends, family and colleagues once more.But while it briefly gave the chance to heal and ‘finally return to our for
- ‘Attitude, it turns out, really does have a big impact on our ability to face our fears’ (Picture: Getty)We often associate fear as a bad thing, but we can actually turn it into a positive and use it to drive us forward.This is very much the mindset of life coach, leadership consultant and author Becky Hall, who explains that ‘brave people’ aren’t stronger or better than the rest of us – they are just the ones who don’t let fear stop them from doing thin
- Lily Cook, enjoyed a day of sunbaking with her sister on a beach in Sydney's eastern suburbs on November 12. That night, she received a photo from a friend showing her topless.
Donald Trump brands Kanye West ‘seriously troubled man’ after bombshell meeting over US presidential electionDonald Trump accepted Kanye West’s request for a meeting on Tuesday (Picture: Getty Images)Donald Trump appears to have expressed concern for Kanye West following their meeting earlier this week, describing the musician as a ‘seriously troubled man’. Gold Digger rapper West travelled to Mr Trump’s Mar-A-Lago home in Palm Beach, Florida to ask the former US President to be his running mate when he himself runs for the White House in the 2024 presidential election.&nbs
- Inflation is reducing the real-terms value of cash awarded to communities and projects by funds under Boris Johnson’s flagship policy - meaning it’s worth hundreds of millions less than when it was awarded
- We take a look at what to do if you haven't received the first two instalments of the £400 energy rebate, worth £66 each, with the money back having been confirmed by the Government
- Helen Eftekhari, 56, qualified as a nurse almost 30 years ago in 1993 (Picture: British Heart Foundation)A nurse has modestly spoken of her dedication to helping change the lives of women fighting a potentially debilitating heart condition.Helen Eftekhari, who lives in Coventry in the West Midlands, qualified as a nurse almost 30 years ago in 1993 and four years later started to specialise in heart health.‘I became a cardiac rehabilitation nurse – following up people who have had hea
- Summer Hawkins moved hundreds of miles away to be with property mogul partner Biggs Chris, 27 - quitting her primary school job in the process
- Are Vanessa and Suzy over? (Picture: ITV)There’s a tearful farewell coming up as Vanessa Woodfield (Michelle Hardwick) leaves Emmerdale for a new job in Canada – but is it also the end of her and Suzy (Martelle Edinborough)’s relationship, too? Vanessa makes the decision to accept the job in Canada after a heated argument with Rhona (Zoe Henry) following Rhona’s decision to buy out Jamie Tate’s share of the vet’s on terms which Vanessa feels are far too f
There’s heartbreak ahead for Summer (Harriet Bibby) and Aaron (James Craven), a new Coronation Street spoiler video shows.The pair arrive back at the flat, having been informed that Eric (Craig Cheetham) has been drinking again. As they bundle through the door, they find him asleep on the sofa.Aaron attempts to wake him and take him home, though Eric is determined to stay put, not
- Karissa Fretwell and her son Billy were kidnapped and murdered by security guard Michael Wolfe after he had fathered the boy while having an affair with Karissa
- Elon Musk has shared slides from his talk with Twitter workers saying hate speech is down since his takeover, and revealed that new user signups were up as he teased a new payment feature.
Donald Trump calls Kanye West 'seriously troubled man' in rant about Mar-a-Lago meeting with FuentesTrump, posting on his Truth Social account, was defiant amid the media criticism of the meeting with the embattled rapper and Fuentes.
- Chris Firgaira, 33, saidthe $220,000 solar energy system turned off up to 100 times in a day and the company owned by billionaire Elon Musk has failed to fix it.
- Graham Bethel suffers sleepless nights as a result of the ordeal (Picture: Graham Bethel)A business owner has amassed more than 100 parking fines for parking in his very own space.Graham Bethel says he is entitled to having one vehicle in the service yard of his company in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.Ever since he and his daughter took out the lease on a business in the town, they say the space has been included in the deal.Graham has tried repeatedly to apply for their official entitled parking perm
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!