Yusef Salaam, who was one of the Central Park Five wrongly convicted in 1989, has insisted he’s ‘not waiting’ for an apology from President Donald Trump for petitioning for him to face the death penalty.
The case of the Central Park Five saw a group of black teenage boys wrongfully convicted of raping a white woman and spent between six and 13 years in prison, before th
- It's believed No10 is considering closing pubs, restaurants and bars for two weeks in order to slow the spread of coronavirus. It's also reported that households would be banned from meeting each other indoors
- Party donors have lined up to accuse Boris Johnson of damaging the economy with his handling of the coronavirus crisis.
- If the latest round of discussions - which begin tomorrow - goes well, it is expected that negotiators will begin the process to finalise a deal.
- The Last Of Us Part 2 – would you buy a PS5 version? (pic: Sony)The Monday Inbox is disappointed at the lack of news from the Tokyo Game Show, as one reader worries that Avengers has been a flop.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
The wrong kind of cross-gen
Really disappointed to hear that Resident Evil Village might become a cross-gen game. Why all this back-peddling all of a sudden? Is it because of some technical issue with the PlayStation 5? I cann
- Scientists from the University of California found that those who were overweight when they got married dropped to a much healthier size within months of taking the plunge.
- Diana Lasu, 21 and Olivia Winnie Muranga, 19. are accused of lying on their border declarations about where they had been when they arrived in Brisbane from Melbourne via Sydney on July 21.
- I wish I’d done something about this when I had the chance, but I think it’s too late. He says we both need to let go and move on
- Cena was back – sort of (Credit: WWE)John Cena made a WWE return of sorts as Clash of Champions got underway tonight.The 16-time world champion is – along with Ric Flair – the most decorated star in the history of the business, so it was fitting he was on hand to introduce the one night of the year where every match is a title bout.Cena provided the voiceover for WWE’s introductory promo video for the annual event, and it was great for fans to hear him even if he wasn&rsq
- Trump called a press briefing to staunchly defend his Supreme Court pick after Democrats launched a series of attacks on her ability to be an impartial judge due to her Catholic faith.
- Police have released a sketch of a man as part of their investigation into the alleged sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl in the New South Wales Riverina region last year.
- Wildfires across California that caused many cities to be blanketed with orange smoke may contribute to an additional 3,000 untimely deaths, according to new research from Stanford University.
- Farhan Hamid, 41, has been in intensive care at Manchester Royal Infirmary taking part in a trial of Otilimab, a rheumatoid arthritis drug that could help ease the effects of Covid-19.
- Spanish opera singer Placido Domingo, 79, who has recovered after being hospitalised with coronavirus, had appeared to accept his guilt in February.
- Radio Two Breakfast Show host Zoe Ball saw her salary rise to £1.36million-a-year in 2019 - the year she took over the hot seat from Chris Evans.
- The federal government has extended the $86billion scheme until March but is gradually reducing the payments to wean the economy off government support.
- Jeremy Clarkson is the Top Gear OG (Picture: Amazon/BBC)Jeremy Clarkson ‘defined’ what Top Gear is ‘all about’, current presenter Chris Harris has enthused.Jeremy conceived the programme, along with co-creator Andy Wilman, and gained notoriety as one of the show’s original hosts, fronting the programme from2002 to 2015.He was named the screen’s greatest automotive icon of all time in April, beating the likes of Hollywood’s Steve McQueen.When Metro.co.uk
- Victoria has recorded its lowest number of COVID-19 cases in more than 100 days with just five new infections in the last 24 hours.
- Chris Hemsworth lands lead role in new Netflix thriller Spiderhead (Picture: Getty)Chris Hemsworth is following up the success of his Netflix original movie Extraction by securing another upcoming thriller with the streaming platform.According to reports, the Thor actor, 37, has been snapped up to star in futuristic film Spiderhead alongside the likes of Miles Teller and Jurnee Smollett.
The movie will be based on the short story Escape From Spiderhead by George Saunders, with Joseph Kosinski, w
- US President Donald Trump refused to address the substance of a New York Times story claiming he has paid just £587 in income taxes the first year he was in the White House
- Tamika Wever, 24, suffered horrific head injuries when the taxi she was in was struck by another car at Edgeworth near Newcastle, 160km north of Sydney, on Friday night.
- The gathering was held at Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel(Picture: BPM Media)Around 200 mourners were found crammed under one marquee for a funeral following reports of people breaking coronavirus restrictions.
Officers were called to Castle Bromwich Hall Hotel, in Birmingham, after being told a large gathering was taking place on Friday. One furious resident described how there had been loud music which made the ‘house shake’.
They told Birmingham Live: ‘I called the police twice.
- The Denver Broncos used cardboard cutouts South Park cartoon character fans.The upper level of one end zone of Empower Field at Mile High was filled with characters clad in masks for the game.
- President Trump's tax-return data shows he paid just $750 in federal income taxes the year he won presidency, and $750 in first year in office.
- JANE FRYER: Jack - or to give him his fighting name, Hoko Jun - is Britain's oldest judo sensei, and has been tipped as a contender for the status of 'tenth dan black belt fighter'.
- More than 50 MPs have signed an amendment laid down by Sir Graham Brady demanding votes before any future curbs on British 'liberty' are brought in, with Labour and the Liberal Democrats set to back it.
- Sergeant Matiu Ratana, 54, was head coach at East Grinstead Rugby Club (Picture: PA)A Met Police sergeant who was shot dead on Friday has been remembered by his rugby club, where he served as head coach.Sergeant Matiu Ratana, 54, was shot at by a handcuffed suspect at Croydon Custody Centre during the early hours of Friday and later died from his injuries in hospital.
The suspect has since been named as Louis De Zoysa, 23, who had initially been arrested for an alleged Class B drugs offence and
- Well, it does say ‘card subject to change’ (Photo: WWE)WWE has confirmed two last minute changes to tonight’s Clash of Champions event.The company made a shocking announcement at the start of the Kickoff Show as Charly Caruso revealed Nikki Cross, Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax have been pulled from the event on medical grounds.Although further details weren’t made public, the three superstars have not been cleared to appear on the show, and thus two major matches have been s
- Petrochemicals tycoon Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s departure to tax-free Monaco is no vote of confidence in the wrecked nation he helped sailed dangerously close to the rocks
- Labour's shadow education secretary Kate Green last night called on ministers to stop students from returning to university until the chaotic testing system could meet soaring demand.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!