- Queen Street, one of the main roads in the city centre, has been taped off by police. Officers said they were investigating 'a large disturbance' on Saturday night
- NYPD guarded the area on a rainy Thanksgiving morning as the third day of filming began for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, with quiet streets surrounding the performers.
- Nick Drummond and Patrick Bakker purchased the property in the town of Ames late last year, and were told it once belonged to a 'childless German baron who turned to bootlegging in the 1920s'.
- In tier two of England, the restrictions mean a ban on households mixing indoors and pubs, while tier three measures mean a ban on households mixing, except in limited circumstances such as parks.
- Christmas decorations can be sustainable, tooIt’s nearly time to start decorating your Christmas tree – but what should you put on there?Along with the essential lights and divisive tinsel, you’ll need some decorations you love enough to bring out year after year.
If they’re sustainable options too, even better.
Whatever your festive theme, we’ve rounded up the best eco-friendly decorations to upgrade your tree this year, from simple stars to a rather adorable pig b
- Boris Johnson has appointed Dan Rosenfield to the key job at Downing Street in the wake of the extraordinary row that saw Dominic Cummings depart.
- Daily Mail Australia takes a look at some of the key savings households could be entitled to across the country.
- Members of the Alexandria City School Board have voted in favour of renaming the school that inspired Remember the Titans.
- Natalie Bonett, 29, was stopped by police at a blockade in north of Melbourne, on her way to work in September for having her phone attached to a car charger.
- Top-level talks between Mr Barnier and UK counterpart Lord Frost were suspended last week after a member of the EU team tested positive for coronavirus.
- A friend in Dallas, Texas, made a video to show off how reflective this man's head is. The man uses a bright torch and reflects the dazzling bright light back to the camera much to his friends' amusement.
- The terrorists paid £300 into the account of Yahya Werfalli, 25, two months before the May 2017 Manchester Arena attack where Salman killed himself and 22 people.
- Hope Richmond was lured to Chorlton Park, Manchester, in her Christmas pyjamas by a teen from school before she was savagely attacked by another girl on camera and the footage posted on Snapchat
- Walt Disney Co will lay off about 32,000 workers, the company announced Wednesday in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- President Donald Trump urged Americans to 'gather' together this Thanksgiving as President-elect Joe Biden advised people to stay home.
- Moving house can be stressful, even outside the coronavirus pandemic (Picture: Getty)Moving home can be a famously stressful time, and this is only exacerbated by the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.You’ve finally saved up enough money to buy your dream house, or the lease has come to an end and you can escape your nightmarish housemates.You’ve paid the deposit and admin fees, and you’ve signed the never-ending amount of paperwork – and now all that is left is to move in.But
- Eltiona Skana, 30, is accused of murdering Emily Jones after slashing her neck with a craft knife while she played on her scooter at Queen's Park in Bolton.
- The climate crisis was barely mentioned in Rishi Sunak’s statement to the Commons (Picture: REUTERS/Simon Dawson)It’s barely a week since the prime minister sent out a press release detailing his 10-point climate action plan.
Somehow it seems not to have been delivered next door as the chancellor virtually ignored it in this week’s spending review.Let’s be fair. The prime minister’s plan was more a shopping list than a serious attempt to address the climate emergenc
- Michael Jordan donates $2million from the The Last Dance to hunger relief efforts (Picture: Getty)Michael Jordan has donated a huge $2million (around £1.5million) in proceeds from The Last Dance to hunger relief charity Feeding America.
The basketball legend, 57, gave the additional funds made from the hit Netflix series to food banks in Chicago and both North and South Carolina to help those in need, who are facing hunger during the coronavirus pandemic.
Feeding America revealed Jordan&rs
- A 23 year-old driver writhed with pain after being scalded with hot fluid during a burnout event held by a YouTube star (Pictures: YouTube)Distressing video footage showed a badly injured driver writing with pain after being doused with scalding radiator fluid at a YouTuber’s event. The unidentified driver stood up and began convulsing with pain moments after being blasted with the chemicals at an event held by YouTube star Cleetus McFarland.
He could be seen desperately trying to get his
- Ben Hunte’s Twitter header was shared by Fox (Picture: Instagram)BBC journalist Ben Hunte received ‘racist and homophobic abuse’ after Laurence Fox shared a screenshot of him on his Twitter account.Fox appeared to send the tweet on November 23, writing: ‘So glad I’m not paying for this anymore. @bbc @DefundBBC #DefundTheBBC.’The Lewis actor, who has been vocal in his criticism of the BBC, attached a screenshot of Hunte’s Twitter bio, which features a ban
- Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan has approved in principle new laws to chemically castrate rapists (Picture: Getty)People convicted of rape in Pakistan could be chemically castrated if a new law being backed by the country’s Prime Minister gets the go ahead. Imran Khan this week approved in principle a law which would also fast track sexual assault cases, according to local reports.He gave his approval during a federal cabinet meeting but the policy has not yet been announce
- The television show features Prince Charles and Princess Diana's 1983 tour of Australia, where they visited Brisbane, Sydney and Canberra and met newly elected Prime Minister Bob Hawke.
- Greg Davies has opened up on the latest season of Taskmaster (Picture: Rex)Comedian, host and Inbetweeners actor, Greg Davies, 52, opens up on Taskmaster moving over to Channel 4 and why he’s not going to be on Strictly Come Dancing.Taskmaster is back but on Channel 4. Didn’t C4 refuse to air the show initially?I think they commissioned a taster pilot or something, so it piqued their interest at first, but then they decided it wasn’t for them. And if you’ve seen the adver
Nasa astronaut Victor Glover recently travelled to the International Space Station (ISS) about the SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule.And on his way up, he captured some breathtaking footage of Earth from his unique vantage point.The clip has been watched millions of times on social media and features Victor telling us that the video doesn’t even do it justice.Glover is the first black ast
- Boris Johnson is shaking up his senior leadership team (Picture: Reuters)The Prime Minister has appointed a new chief of staff after one of his closest aides turned down the job and resigned.
Boris Johnson has hired business consultant and former Treasury official Dan Rosenfield for the role.It comes after the PM’s spin doctor Lee Cain refused the promotion and handed in his resignation.
His decision to quit followed months of ‘toxic’ factional infighting in Number 10 and soon
- How a pioneering National Lottery-backed project is helping to save lives
- Cam Smith, 26, had a ‘heart of gold’ and ‘everything to live for’ (Picture: 7NEWS Melbourne/Twitter/Nine)A young man was stabbed to death ‘with a broken bottle’ after allegedly defending his girlfriend from a group of yobs.Cam Smith, 26, was knifed in the heart near Seaford train station in Melbourne, Australia at 6.55pm on Wednesday.The carpenter – who had a ‘heart of gold’ and ‘everything to live for’ – died at the scene,
- The document vaguely details why different restrictions were allocated to each area in England but refuses to reveal the thresholds. It seems to be a direct response to anger over transparency.
Boris Johnson blasts 'gloomy' Covid economic forecast and vows NO income tax or VAT rise before 2024The Prime Minister made the comment as he addressed anxious backbenchers last night in the wake of Rishi Sunak's spending review, which revealed the scale of the problem facing the nation.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!