- Cara Delevingne and Naomi Campbellhave joined the stars 'freezing' their accounts over hate, propaganda and misinformation spreading claims.
- Meghan Markle made a shock appearance at the America’s Got Talent finale to heap praise onto hopeful Archie Williams. The Duchess of Sussex made a video message specially for the crooner, joking about his shared name with her son as she declared she was ‘proud’ of him. Archie looked stunned as host Terry Crews surprised him with the pre-recorded clip, filmed in the California home she shares with Prince Harry. She told him: ‘I just wanted to let you know th
- The original Track and Trace app was abandoned after a series of high-profile gaffes (Picture: Leon Neal/Getty Images)NHS Covid-19, the heavily delayed track and trace app for monitoring the spread of Covid-19, is finally available to download for people in England and Wales.
Northern Ireland launched its own contact tracing app in July, and Scotland did the same in early September.The Government has been promising a ‘world-beating’ contact-tracing app since April, but the first vers
- You need to enter a lottery to get your hands on a pair (Picture: Adidas – Getty)Adidas and Lego have come together to create amazing colourful trainers.The sportswear experts and toy brand revealed the new design for the classic ZX 8000 sneaker, which features sections to look like the classic bricks and interchangeable pieces around the shoelaces.The tongues also feature the classic Lego red logo and you can choose from different coloured laces.The shoes will go on sale through a worldwi
- The 33-year-old was savaged by the crocodile while swimming off Anchor Bay in Lizard Island off the Great Barrier Reef at about 4pm on Wednesday.
- Joe Biden released a statement questioning whether justice 'could be equally applied in America' after a grand jury declined to indict three officers involved in the shooting death of Breonna Taylor.
- The number of infected students at Glasgow University was ‘likely to be higher’(Picture: Getty)At least 124 students have tested positive for coronavirus in a major outbreak at Glasgow University.The university said the number of infected students was ‘likely to be higher’, with 600 people forced into isolation.The outbreak is centred on the Murano and Cairncross halls of residence in the city, and it appears to have spread during Freshers’ Week earlier this month.S
- In a grim warning on Thursday, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said wages growth is likely to remain subdued for 'at least the next few years'. He also said prices would stay low.
Kate Garraway was seen sporting chic new glasses during Thursday morning’s broadcast of Good Morning Britain, as she revealed she’s injured her eye.
The presenter, 53, had been hosting the opening half-hour of the breakfast show to deliver the morning’s news, but she joked she was having trouble reading the latest headlines from the papers and her autocue.
- Cynthia Nixon has given her take on whether Sharon Stone should play Samantha in a third Sex and the City movie.The comedy drama moved to the big screen for two films in 2008 and 2010, but a third instalment never got off the ground as star Kim Cattrall reportedly refused to appear.With Kim, who played Samantha on the series, repeatedly making it very clear she has no time for co-star Sarah Jessica Parker, who played Carrie, there has been talk about whether Kim’s part should be recast.Sha
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern donned a headscarf and took part in a sombre ceremony at Al Noor mosque on Thursday morning.
Dr Hilary Jones has agreed ‘it make sense’ for university students to be kept in isolation on campus over Christmas.
As students head back to universities up and down the country, there are growing concerns that they could be responsible for spreading coronavirus in their hometowns on their return.
Government scientists are advising that students should stay in their uni acco
- Troy Hyman, 37, known as 'Batman' to his friends was arrested at his home he shares with his mother in Lalor in Melbourne's north in March, 2018.
- (Picture: ITV)There’s more trouble and strife in Emmerdale as family secrets and painful ordeals cause huge rifts.
When Vinny Ashdale (Bradley Johnson) makes a discovery about dad Paul (Reece Dinsdale), where will Mandy Dingle (Lisa Riley) stand and can they reunite?
Meanwhile, Dawn Taylor (Olivia Bromley) is gutted by a confession from Billy Fletcher (Jay Kontzle) and things get even worse when she is then arrested.Monday September 28Mandy is eager to matchmake Vinny and Liv, but gets her
- The new contact tracing app launches today – four months late (Picture: Rex/Getty)Britons will be urged to download the new coronavirus contact tracing app as it launches today following months of delay.The latest version of the app will be launched across England and Wales and health officials hope it will play a key role in bringing down the surging infection rate.It will use Bluetooth technology to monitor contacts and alert a user if they have been exposed to the virus by coming into c
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to make at least two further signings (Picture: Getty)Former Manchester United forward Dimitar Berbatov believes the club should focus their efforts on signing a centre-back before the transfer window closes in just over a fortnight’s time.The Red Devils have made just one signing so far this summer with Donny van de Beek arriving in a £40million deal from Ajax.
However, a 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on the opening weekend of the season underlined United&r
- (Picture: Lime Pictures)Victor Brothers (Benjamin O’Mahony) has already demonstrated what he’s capable of in Hollyoaks, but Jordan Price (Connor Calland) gets on the wrong side of the drug dealer once more next week.Jordan warned Juliet Nightingale (Niamh Blackshaw) and Sid Sumner (Billy price) that Victor was the stuff that nightmares are made of, and he wasn’t wrong that’s for sure.
The young man has shown something of a sinister side himself but that’s nothing co
- (Picture: ITV)Vinny (Bradley Johnson) discovers that Mandy Dingle (Lisa Riley) was right to have her suspicions about Paul Ashdale (Reece Dinsdale) in Emmerdale, as he discovers that his dad is, in fact, gambling after all.
It’s an emotional week for Mandy, as she hears Tracy Metcalfe (Amy Walsh) discussing her pregnancy, and it brings back memories of her own miscarriage.
She bursts into tears, and Vinny discovers her crying, but she makes him promise that she’ll never tell Paul abo
- (Picture: BBC)Tina Carter (Luisa Bradshaw-White) decides to seize the moment in EastEnders, as she takes a chance and tries to kiss Frankie Lewis (Rose Ayling-Ellis), but will romance blossom?Tina wasn’t so sure on Frankie when Kathy Beale (Gillian Taylforth) decided to take her on at the Prince Albert, but she was later left impressed by the young woman.
The two characters have bonded quite a lot in the time that has passed since then, and Frankie becomes determnied to secure herself a fu
- (Picture: BBC)Kheerat Panesar (Jaz Deol) is unwilling to accept in EastEnders that Chantelle Atkins’ (Jessica Plummer) death was simply a tragic accident, and therefore he reveals his theory to Mitch Baker (Roger Griffiths) tonight (September 24).
Kheerat was devastated to discover that Chantelle has died, given that he was planning on running away with her less than 24 hours earlier.
In Monday’s episode (September 21), he had something of a showdown with Gray Atkins (Toby-Alexander
- (Picture: BBC)There’s hell to pay in EastEnders as Max Branning (Jake Wood) is on the warpath and he has Ian Beale (Adam Woodyatt) in his sights – but how far is he prepared to go?
Elsewhere, Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) is unnerved by his new stalker who has a very specific interest in his family while the aftermath of Chantelle Atkins’ death continues as Gray (Toby Alexander-Smith) takes cruel action against Mitch Baker (Roger Griffiths).There’s also big new tension for the
- (Picture: ITV)Ambitious Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher) has her eyes on an artistic future in the fashion injury in Coronation Street but perhaps secretly messing with Carla Connor’s (Alison King) prototype stock ahead of a meeting with an investor may not be the best way to go about things. We have already witnessed Nina’s passion through her protests, her friendship with Asha Alahan (Tanisha Gorey) and her flair for sketching. While she loves spending time with Roy Cropper
Antonio Rudiger and Ruben Loftus-Cheek could leave Chelsea before transfer window closes, admits Frank LampardAntonio Rudiger could leave Chelsea in the next fortnight (Picture: Getty)Frank Lampard admits there could be ‘movement’ over the futures of Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Antonio Rudiger in the coming days.The pair were left out of Chelsea’s 6-0 win against Barnsley at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday as Lampard’s side booked their place into the fourth round of the EFL Cup.Loftus-Cheek started in Chelsea’s 3-1 win against Brighton on the opening weekend of the season but he l
- Deputy head teacher Edward Swanwick has worked at the Clifton College private school in the UK's south-west and said his cousin had urged him to contact the Channel Nine current affair show.
- ‘I’m so deflated and can’t think of an excuse to get in touch.’There’s a guy in my extended friend circle who I really fancy. We chatted loads at a barbecue last month and although we added each other on social media and I drafted many messages, I haven’t sent one.
We were due to see each other through friends again and it’s all I could think about but the meet-up has been cancelled following the new government guidelines.
I’m so deflated and can&r
- via mirror.co.ukStoke-on-Trent City Council leader Abi Brown called the fiasco "really disappointing" with the no-shows making up around a sixth of all the spaces available at the test centre on Monday and Tuesday
- Polar bears occasionally visit the pub (Picture: Svalbar)Always fancied yourself as a landlord?Well, one of the world’s most northerly bars – located in the Arctic North between Norway and the North Pole – is looking for a new owner. The pub, called Svalbar, is also a regular pitstop for polar bears. It’s currently up for sale and is expected to sell for a million euros (around £900,000).The new owner will need to keep both human and bear spirits high while the
- Lynette Pilgrim, 60, was caught with 1.16g of methamphetamine hidden in her underwear in Townsville, north-east Queensland.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Friday there was about 24,000 Australians registered to come home as he announced a staged increase in the weekly arrivals cap.
- Dolly Parton sets the record straight on tattoo rumours (Picture: Getty)Dolly Parton has set the record straight when it comes to her having any tattoos.
Rumours have been rife that the country music legend, 74, is partial to some ink.There was speculation that Dolly has arm sleeve tattoos – because she’s alway seen covering her arms up with long-sleeved clothing – but she insists that’s not the case, telling People she has some tats and they’re all ‘tasteful&
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!