- The driver has been arrested on suspicion ofdriving under the influence(Pictures: PA)A teenager crashed into a house and then carried on driving with the front door lodged in the car’s windscreen and roof. West Yorkshire Police were called to Dewsbury at 7.43pm on Friday where an 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. His silver Audi crashed into another car before it hit a house and drove off with a door attached to it ‘fo
- Darrion Cockrell, pictured with his mother, grandma and foster mother, as well as his three year-old son, overcame a tough start in life, and falling into a gang, to become an award-winning PE teacher (Pictures: ABC News)A former gang member who endured a tough childhood has transformed his life and been awarded a prestigious teacher of the year gong.
Darrion Cockrell, 34, has been named Missouri Teacher of the Year 2021 in recognition of his innovative and dedicated work as a PE teacher at Cres
- Rita Ora celebrated her 30th birthday at a restaurant (Picture: Getty Images for ABA)Rita Ora and Laurence Fox are among the stars under fire this week for breaking lockdown rules and, in some cases, encouraging their fans to follow suit. But should the responsibility to be good role models to their followers during the pandemic rest on their shoulders? On Saturday, pop star Rita celebrated her 30th birthday with dinner at a Notting Hill, London restaurant despite all eateries in England ba
- Two more campers are being sent packing tonight (Picture: Rex)I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is set to lose two more campmates on tonight’s episode in a brutal cull ahead of the finale. The series, which will end on Friday, only eliminated Victoria Derbyshire and Beverley Callard in a double axing yesterday night, but the celebrities will be surprised with another double exit by Ant and Dec tonight. Voting to save your favourite is now open on the app, with pho
- The shocking incident occurred at a Citibank in Englewood on Black Friday, and was recorded by a witness waiting in line at the branch.
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas are celebrating their second wedding anniversary (Picture: Getty/ Priyanka Chopra/Instagram)Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra marked their second wedding anniversary with touching messages on Instagram on Tuesday.The Jonas Brothers star and the Hollywood actress posted adorable statements on Instagram as they gushed about each other online.Nick shared a snap from their wedding day with the caption: ‘Two years married to the most wonderful, inspiring and beautifu
- Eddie Murphy-Boxall was found unresponsive in the water by his heartbroken mother Siobhan Murphy at their home in Worthing, West Sussex on June 24.
- Meryl Streep and James Corden in The Prom(Picture: MELINDA SUE GORDON/NETFLIX)With traditional cinema releases being thin on the ground, there’s never been a better year for Netflix to muscle in on The Oscar race. One of the titles the streaming giant is hoping will pick up awards is The Prom, Ryan Murphy’s adaptation of the 2018 Broadway musical.A packed cast tells the story of Dee Dee Allen (Meryl Streep) and Barry Glickman (James Corden), two egotistical Broadway stars whose lates
- The man, said to be in his 40s, was arrested yesterday after the woman's body was discovered in a property in the picturesque village of Great Rissington, Gloucestershire.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump will hold up to two holiday events a day between now and Christmas with nary a mention of masks on the invites.
- Galactus is going to end Fortnite (pic: Epic Games)Marvel supervillain Galactus will be attempting to eat the world of Fortnite today, as Epic Games announce the event’s start time.The current season of Fortnite is about to come to an end and it looks like it’s going to be Marvel’s giant hat-wearing planet destroyer that’s going to be responsible.Exactly how he’ll appear may already have been leaked by dataminers, who have discovered his big giant head looming over
- Dr. Tom Frieden served as the CDC Director between 2009 and 2017 after being appointed by Obama. In 2019, he was accused of sexual harassment and forcible touching by a woman.
- Chris Bryant said MPs were sceptical of the PM's promises after months of failed plans and over the top rhetoric
Loose Women’s Gloria Hunniford has slammed Rita Ora’s ‘disgusting’ behaviour after she broke lockdown rules.The singer hosted a party over the weekend, with a ‘small gathering’ of friends helping her celebrate her 30th birthday at Casa Cruz restaurant in West London.Rita has since issued an apology, admitting she is ‘deeply sorry’ and &lsqu
- BBC weather presenter Jemma Cooper, who is said to have attended two anti-lockdown marches,has been taken off air with BBC colleagues told she will not be back in the office 'until further notice'.
- Houston Texans teammates Will Fuller and Bradley Roby have both been suspended for six games after violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs).
- Elizabeth Smart, 33, revealed in an Instagram post Monday that she never talked about the abuse she suffered during her nine-month captivity until she learned of her captor's charges.
- Have you lost yours? (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)The coronavirus pandemic has already led to a recession, and fear of further economic consequences of lockdown is rife.Young people have found themselves among those most at risk of being the most affected by the financial implications of the pandemic, as most have not yet had a chance to build up any savings or get enough, if any, careers experience for a foothold in their preferred field.This could lead to young people being financial
- Leicester's mayor Sir Peter Soulsby said it was 'utterly crazy' that tests were laying unopened because they hadn't been sent with the barcodes needed to link them back to the people who took the test.
- An Australian soldier was photographed drinking out of the prosthetic leg at an unofficial bar known as the Fat Lady's Arms in Tarin Kowt, in the Uruzgan province of Afghanistan in 2009.
- A crowd of at least 100 patrons was photographed this past Wednesday crammed into an outdoor bar area while not wearing masks at Portobello restaurant in Oakland, New Jersey.
- Speaking amid the launch of a Netflix-style platform for nature and conservation documentaries, the Duke commented on his hopes for the future of our planet
- Brett Mendoza, 40, who owns the Caxton Arms in Brighton, East Sussex, came up with the idea as a joke while discussing what constitutes a substantial meal with another landlord last week.
- Sir Graham Brady, chair of the influential 1922 Committee of Tory backbenchers tore his Covid plan to pieces - and the PM didn't stick around for more of a battering
- It looks like sorcery (Picture: Getty Images)Changing a duvet cover on your own is a notoriously tricky task, what with the weight of the duvet and all the fabric you need to work with.People often resort to the strenuous method of standing and shaking the duvet into the fresh cover, but one mum has shared a far less strenuous trick on TikTok.The TikTokker, Sophie Liard, shared the video with the simple caption: ‘I don’t know how this works but it does’ with a laughing face emo
- Hugh MacLeod, chief of Clan MacLeod, hopes to overhaul the 'lunarscape' surrounding Dunvegan Castle by planting a total of 371,875 native trees in its land.
- Jasmine Skinner, from Newcastle, wanted to do something different for her partner's Christmas present this year, but things went very, very wrong - and now he's being compared to Simon Cowell
- Mel Martin, 33, and her fiance Dylan Wadley, 23, were on their way home to Pratten in Queensland when their Land Rover crashed through a guard rail on Sunday November 22nd.
- ASOS has been working with Klarna since 2017 (Picture: Rafael Henrique/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)ASOS has become the first retailer to commit to best practice around marketing Buy Now Pay Later products such as Klarna, thanks to the the #regulateBuyNowPayLater campaign.The campaign was launched in June 2020 by Alice Tapper, the founder of Go Fund Yourself, an online platform that makes personal finance relatable and is dedicated to helping people take control of their money.It cal
- Stuart Bee, 62, said he 'thought "this is it"' after he was found 86 miles from shore off Port Canaveral on Florida's east coast on Sunday morning.He has since been pictured with his rescue crew.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!