- Do the royals get immunity? (Picture: Chris Jackson/Getty Images)Although the Royal Family work hard to maintain an air of aloofness and almightiness through their strict rules and strange fashion codes, they are still human underneath it all.Just like any dysfunctional family, the Queen’s brood have had some brushes with the law, with the most notable case as of late revolving around Prince Andrew.It’s thrown into question whether or not royals can be arrested or put in jail –
- Ice blanketed the dunes of Ain Sefra in Algeria in the unusual phenomenon in the largest hot desert in the world, where temperatures of 58C have been recorded.
- Aussie scientists have worked out how to quickly turn captured carbon dioxide into solid carbon - preventing the environment-harming gas from contributing to global warming.
- International and national human rights and criminal lawyer Kirsty Brimelow QC said defendants may 'take their chances' at crown court, rather than risk a lengthened imprisonment from a magistrate.
- Boris Johnson has insisted he believed a gathering in No 10’s garden during the first lockdown would be a ‘work event’.It comes after his former chief adviser Dominic Cummings accused him of lying to Parliament.This is a breaking news story, more to follow soon… Check back shortly for further updates.Got a story? Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] Or you can submit your videos and pictures here.For more stories like this, check our&nbs
- Frank Lampard and Wayne Rooney will be interviewed by Everton for their vacant managerial position (Picture: Getty)Everton hope to interview both Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard with the Chelsea legend now considered a ‘serious’ contender for the club’s vacant managerial positoin.The Toffees called time on Rafa Benitez’s ill-fated tenure on Monday following a dreadful run of form which culminated in last Saturday’s defeat against bottom of the table Norwich City at C
Ralf Rangnick gives update on Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford and hails ‘extraordinary’ Paul PogbaRonaldo and Rashford both missed the game against Villa (Picture: Getty)Ralf Rangnick hopes to have Cristiano Ronaldo and Marcus Rashford available for Manchester United’s clash with Brentford while hailing the ‘extraordinary’ Paul Pogba following his return to training.Ronaldo and Rashford both missed Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa with knocks but were pictured back in training on Monday.While Rangnick stopped short of confirming their availability for their trip t
- The words ‘challenging’ and ‘isolate’ came in second and third (Picture: PA)‘Anxiety’ has been named Children’s Word of the Year by lexicographers at Oxford University Press.More than one in five kids (21%) chose anxiety as their top word when asked about health and wellbeing and their experiences of lockdown.The words ‘challenging’ and ‘isolate’ came in second (19%) and third (14%) following another year troubled by restrictions
- Nobody Saves The World – somebody’s got to do it (pic: Drinkbox Studios)The makers of Guacamelee return with a new action RPG where you get to play as over a dozen different characters, from a slug to a necromancer.Attempting to deconstruct the role-playing genre has become a popular pastime for many indie developers. Games like Loop Hero are obsessed with creating a more concentrated, often more abstract, experience, that gets to the heart of why the genre is so enjoyable and why it
- The German coach stands by his post-match comments (Pictures: Getty / MUTV)Ralf Rangnick says Anthony Martial is in contention to be named in Manchester United’s matchday squad to face Brentford on Wednesday despite the confusion surrounding whether he refused to play for the club.The Frenchman did not travel with the rest of the team to face Aston Villa on Saturday evening despite being fit and available, with Rangnick forced to name just eight substitutes on the bench as a result.After t
- Dai Davies said the Prince can’t ‘pick and choose’ when to have bodyguards (Picture: AP)The Duke of Sussex’s legal bid to win police protection when he visits the UK will fail because the risk to his safety is ‘low’, an ex-royal cop has said.Dai Davies said Prince Harry ‘can’t pick and choose’ when bodyguards can be supplied to him as it was ‘his prerogative to choose to go America’.He pointed out Harry’s aunt Princess Anne
- Health chiefs announced a clampdown on pet rodents after nearly a dozen hamsters tested positive (Picture: Getty/AP)Thousands of hamsters will be ‘disposed of’ in Hong Kong after an outbreak of coronavirus cases was linked to a pet shop.The cluster of Delta variant cases in humans, including a store worker, led officials to test hundreds of animals, with 11 hamsters showing up as positive.Those results prompted the clampdown on pet rodents in the Chinese-ruled city, which is followin
- An ally of the Chancellor said he had answered more questions than the agreed three in a clip where he insisted he believed the PM - but warned that those who lied to Parliament were expected to resign
- More than 100 firefighters were called in to tackle the mile-long inferno after Viktor Riedly, 28, torched 285 hectares of land
- Emma Raducanu is into the second round of the Australian Open (Picture: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)Emma Raducanu fought her way past Sloane Stephens in the opening round of the Australian Open that saw her take the opening set in just 17 minutes.The British No.1 recorded a 6-0, 2-6, 6-1 win over her American opponent in what is only her third ever Grand Slam appearance and the first time she’s played three sets at this level.Raducanu will play world No. 98 Danka Kovinic in the next round on
- An independent report, commissioned by Sadiq Khan, revealed traffic in the capital must be cut by at least 27% to reach net-zero emissions targets by 2030 (Picture: PA)Drivers could be hit with a ‘pay per mile’ charge under radical plans to reduce air pollution levels in London.Sadiq Khan is ‘not willing to put off action’ after a ‘wake-up call’ report revealed that traffic in the capital must be cut by at least 27% to reach net-zero emissions targets by 2030.
- Moon Knight is just weeks away from launching (Picture: Disney)Moon Knight is the latest Marvel Comics show headed for Disney Plus in 2022.The upcoming six-part drama was first announced two years ago, and it’s set to be the sixth television series from the MCU to launch on the platform.An explosive first look trailer for Moon Knight was released over the weekend, revealing more clips of Oscar Isaac in the titular role.Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming show.W
- Poor guy (Picture: Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter)Poor Scruffy the kitten was covered in grime when he was handed in to the shelter.He was found on a rubbish truck by the driver, who thankfully spotted him before he got hurt in the vehicle.
Named Scruffy by the team at Newcastle Cat and Dog Sanctuary, the little guy was given a good clean to properly reveal his adorable black and white fur.A spokesman for the sanctuary said: ‘We first met Scruffy after he decided to take a ride in a garba
- Kim’s latest pics are giving us proper holiday envy (Picture: Rodin Eckenroth/WireImage)There are two things we need to get to the bottom of: how on Earth does Kim Kardashian get away with looking this, frankly, offensive in a bikini, and secondly, is that Pete Davidson’s introduction to her Instagram?The reality star and Skims mogul has given us all sorts of holiday envy as she shared what appeared to be throwback shots from her recent trip to the Bahamas alongside Saturday Night Li
- Chloe Mairead has not let her conditions hold her back (Picture: PA Real Life)A woman with ADHD and autism who sees her conditions as a ‘superpower, not a disadvantage’ has become fluent in nine languages and is now teaching full-time. Chloe-Mairead Donnelly, 23, struggled to pay attention in her classes. As a child this behaviour was thought of as ‘naughtiness’ and put her on the receiving end of upsetting insults.However, her experience made her determined to help
- David Saunders had been drinking lager and had taken painkillers (Picture: SWNS / CPS /PA Wire)A booze-fuelled ex-solider crashed his car into a wooden fence, waved a knife while pretending to be a policeman, then got naked.David Saunders, 37, narrowly missed hitting a family as he drove into a traffic island at high speed in Ashford, Kent. He told them: ‘The fence got in my way.’As a witness called 999, he tried to grab his phone and claimed he was an undercover cop.When pedestrian
- David Saunders had been drinking lager and had taken painkillers (Picture: SWNS/CPS/PA Wire)A booze-fuelled ex-soldier crashed his car into a wooden fence, waved a knife while pretending to be a policeman, then got naked.David Saunders, 37, narrowly missed hitting a family as he drove into a traffic island at high speed in Ashford, Kent. He told them: ‘The fence got in my way.’As a witness called 999, he tried to grab his phone and claimed he was an undercover cop.When pedestrian Ter
- A pair of builders that did work so bad it had to be completely redone have just been sentenced for fleecing customers, and their victims are now hoping to get some of their cash back
- Keith Waters (pictured), who is a minister at an evangelical church in Ely, Cambridgeshire, claims he was forced out of his job as a caretaker at a secular primary school after making the tweet in 2019.
- When I received a letter at the end of November last year, with the words ‘On Her Majesty’s Service’, ‘strictly confidential’, and the ‘Cabinet Office’, for a split second, I thought ‘have I done something wrong without realising? Am I going to be deported?’However, the letter was to inform me that I was being appointed an MBE for my services during the pandemic.In all honesty, I cannot decide which of those things I thought were more li
- Making an appearance on Martin Luther King Day at Madison Square Garden, Mayor Adams spoke to the resident fans before the game between the Knicks and the Charlotte Hornets began.
- Jennette Arnold OBE, 72, has revealed that her hilarious shuffle with the Conservative leader was part of a long-running attempt to bring London Assembly members from all sides together.
- Boris Johnson is drawing up plans to ditch all Covid laws from as early as March as the under-fire PM tries to win over his backbenchers, a senior Government source claimed today.
- ‘I feel like it’s a waste, if I’m not going to have them’ (Picture: Mercury Press)A young woman who is passionate about helping women who are unable to have children, has donated her eggs to infertile strangers.
Emma Winstanley from Chester, Cheshire, grew up hearing stories about family members and older friends who struggled to conceive and experienced multiple miscarriages.The 22-year-old decided she wanted to do something to help. Having been surrounded by so much hea
- Nessie is often depicted looking like a plesiosaur with a long neck and a head emerging from the water but a recent study of a fossilised elasmosaurus - which is a type of plesiosaur - has revealed they didn't hold their heads that way
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!