- EXCLUSIVE: A 56-year-old man living in his cab was believed to have been dead for three days before he was found in a feeder park near Heathrow Airport as drivers live in their cars in hopes of just one fare
- Nicholas Giordano, a professor at Suffolk Community College on Long Island, raised his concerns about the new National Strategy for Countering Domestic Terrorism on Friday.
- Real Time host Bill Maher on Friday night said Lin-Manuel Miranda should have 'stood up to the bullies' on social media rather than issuing an apology for the lack of diversity in his new film.
- Australia's property market continues to bounce back after 2020 with a number of new suburbs reaching a median price for apartments of more than $1million.
- Heavy rain and tropic storm-force winds could be felt from the Florida Panhandle to Morgan City, Louisiana, with 7 million under rain and wind warnings.
- An award-winning designer has shared her tips on how to reinvent unwanted household items as stats show almost half of Brits are tipped to carry on working from home after lockdown
- The brothers are no longer as close as they were after the Duke of Sussex stepped back from royal duties last year
- Wimbledon last took place back in 2019 (Picture: Getty)Tennis fans are eager to get back to the courts this year, as major tournaments return following last year’s cancellations.The French Open and the Queen’s Championship have whet fans appetites as they anticipate the biggest date in the tennis calendar – the Wimbledon Championship.
This year’s competition will be taking place from June 28 – July 11, and many fans are wondering when they can purchase tickets.Here
- The storyline still stands the test of time (Picture: ITV)It was a love story that touched millions – cult prison drama Bad Girls explored many important storylines but the one which stands the test of time is the relationship between Helen Stewart and Nikki Wade.
The pair overcame many obstacles and, unlike the representation of lesbian relationships on TV, there was no cheating and it didn’t end in death – we have all heard of the depressing ‘Kill Your Gays’ trope
- There are many revered people in the LGBT+ community who have been recognised as trailblazers: Sylvia Rivera, Marsha P. Johnson, Harvey Milk, Stormé DeLarverie, and many more.However, as well as these well-known examples, there are everyday heroes throughout the queer community who fought – and still fight – for the right to live and love openly.Perhaps you’ve heard tropes about LGBT+ issues being ‘modern’ problems, but our elders have been on the front line
- Prepare your cards now (Picture: Getty)Father’s Day is an annual celebration that takes a day to praise and be thankful for the important father figures in our lives.You might feel like you need to spend a lot of money on the father-figure in your life – but it’s possible to celebrate on a budget.
Whether you’re looking for gadget gifts or something for a health conscious dad, just remember to buy (or make) a card.
Why not beat them at their own game, and include one
- Barnaby Joyce is set to return as Nationals leader three years after his affair with a staffer became public.
- Tucker Carlson clapped back at CNN slamming the network an 'arm of the woke national security state' after the liberal network called him a 'BS ringmaster.'
- A devastated mum has shared memories of her son, Ante Šutalo, 13, who ended his life in their home in Western Australia after allegedly being bullied this week.
- Hip hop’s attitude towards sexuality has often been divisive (Picture: Getty)There’s a lot to be said about the language in hip hop when it comes to homophobia. It’s no surprise that, to some, it may feel like an unwelcoming genre where the LGBT+ community is concerned. Words have power – rappers know that perhaps more than anyone – but for all their lyrical genius on the mic, many of the culture’s most celebrated rappers have fallen short on this. E
- Californians were asked on Friday to limit their power usage to protect the grid amid a record-breaking heatwave, as Nevada, Utah, Arizona and Colorado sweltered under intense heat.
- Jason Kelk spent 14-and-half months in a Leeds hospital before his wife Sue said that it had become too much for him and he decided to have his treatment withdrawn
- Dane Kallungi, 38, was arrested on Wednesday in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for murder two years after the disappearance of his wife Jepsy Amaga Kallungi, in Colorado Springs.
- Callie Aust, 28, fell to her death on Tuesday during an early-morning hike to see the sunrise from Steamboat Point in the Bighorn Mountains, the Sheridan County Sheriff's office said.
- House Republicans have demanded that President Joe Biden removeKamala Harris from her role as immigration crisis czar as she still hasn't visited the border.
WWE SmackDown results, grades: Roman Reigns decimates Rey Mysterio after brutal Hell In A Cell matchThe Tribal Chief stands tall once again (Photo: WWE)Roman Reigns continued to dominate the SmackDown landscape as he took out WWE legend Rey Mysterio in an historic main event.The rivals were initially due to clash at Hell In A Cell in the pay-per-view’s titular match, but things got reshuffled – with the card looking very different after Friday night – and the Universal Championship bout made it into the weekly show.The evening kicked off in a fiery way as Rey was at his best
- Heavy rain is expected for the weekend with flooding especially for the south of England and the Midlands. It comes after washout for parts of the country on Friday
- Queensland Police Service are in mourning after one of its serving police dogs was hit by a car while tracking a wanted man.
- A Sydney man has been charged over his alleged support for the Islamic State group in online posts.
- Dave Portnoy, the 44-year-old founder of media company Barstool Sports, was briefly blocked from Twitter on Friday evening. It was unclear why, but Twitter said he had violated their rules.
- The man, 35, was waiting for a 1/2/3 train around 7 p.m. before the brazen attack in NYC's busiest station. The victim has not been identified and was taken to Bellevue Hospital.
- A tornado has ripped through the city of Auckland, New Zealand leaving one person dead with damaging winds uprooting trees, exploding power lines and battering houses.
- The mother of a murdered backpacker serving her mandatory farm work in regional Australia says the United Kingdom's decision to strip the rule from visas in a new trade deal is recognition it is not safe.
- 'I'm sorry, I know some folks don't like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I'm disgusted,' tweeted Walter Shaub, who led the Office of Government Ethics from 2013 to 2017.
- An Illinois conservative talk radio host has gone viral after his appearance at a June 9 meeting of the Bloomington Public Schools board, in which he denounced Critical Race Theory.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!