- A Toyota Hilux collided with a blue Mitsubishi Lancer and a Volvo fuel tanker along Bussell Highway at Ludlow, in south-west Western Australia, at 3.40pm on Friday.
Peter Sawkins, the winner of the Great British Bake Off 2020, has shared what it was like when his university flatmates found out he’d won the show at the same time as the rest of the nation.On Tuesday evening, Bake Off fans were ecstatic as 20-year-old student Peter was named the winner of Bake Off, the youngest contestant ever to win the show.While Peter told his family when he w
- Wilshere had his contract at West Ham terminated in October (Picture: Getty Images)Jack Wilshere says it would be ‘the dream’ to go back to Arsenal, but accepts there is little chance of a dramatic return to his former club happening.The Gunners are struggling for creativity in midfield and have found the back of the net just once in their last five Premier League games.
Following last weekend’s goalless draw with Leeds United at Elland Road, Wilshere lightheartedly offered up
- Roy Jones Jr and Mike Tyson meet in an exhibition on Saturday nightThe exhibition bout between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr this weekend sounds like it could be an underwhelming affair as the rules of the contest emerge.The two former world champions are stepping back into the ring on Saturday night, but it will be a far cry from their epic matches of the past.With Tyson 54-years-old and Jones Jr 51, the California commission that has sanctioned the bout has moved to make sure both men are kept s
Biden: I won't have Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren in my Cabinet because I need them in the SenateJoe Biden revealed Tuesday that he will not find spots for progressive Senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders in his Cabinet, claiming he needs their voices and votes in the U.S. Senate.
- Heavy D from Celebrity Big Brother has reportedly died (Picture: Rex)Celebrity Big Brother star Heavy D has reportedly died at the age of 43.
The star – real name Colin Newell – is said to have died at some point this week, with his friend, actor Nick Nevern, breaking the news on Twitter.
He wrote: ‘I’m very shocked & saddened to hear of the passing of my friend @HeavyHeavyd‘u lived ur life the way u wanted to & f**k anyone who didn’t like it! U always
- Millions of mink have been culled in Denmark over coronavirus fears (Picture: dr.dk)Dead mink have ‘risen from the grave’ after millions were culled to stop coronavirus spreading further in Denmark.Hundreds of animal carcasses have been photographed resurfacing at a mass burial site at the Holstebro military complex.Police spokesperson Thomas Kristensen told DR the situation emerged after the gases formed during decomposition caused the bodies to swell. They were pushed out of t
- Sergeant Matthew Parker and PC Robert Fraser were dismissed from Essex Police following adisciplinary hearing held yesterday at Essex Police's headquarters (pictured) in Chelmsford.
- Tatiana Akhmedova alleges that her former husband transferred assets to their son to avoid paying a £450million settlement. She is taking her son to court in London.
- Make use of more than just your oven to cook Christmas dinner (Picture: Getty)TikTok is no stranger to videos providing viewers with new and creative ways of doing everyday household tasks.But, a new cooking hack is baffling people as a TikTokker demonstrates how to cook your Christmas day vegetables in the dishwasher.Government restrictions mean it’s going to be an unusual one, but cooking veg in the dishwasher brings a whole new meaning to the word.In a video by user Shannon L. Doherty c
- Rishi Sunak today announced the Government will freeze public sector pay next year but NHS workers and those in the lowest paid jobs will still get an increase in their wages.
- Volunteers in the AstraZeneca-Oxford trials have described receiving the vaccine (Picture: AP/ Darren Lipomi)Two volunteers who believe they received the AstraZeneca-Oxford Covid vaccine during clinical trials have described the effect it has had on their body.Earlier this week the University of Oxford said the vaccine had been up to 90% successful in protecting participants against coronavirus, following a trial of 20,000 people in the UK and Brazil. The government has pre-ordered 100 million d
- Joseph Ray, 32, carried out the fatal attack on tiny Ava Ray at their flat in Prestonpans, East Lothian on November 1 2012. A judge at Glasgow's High Court told him he 'snuffed out' his daughter's life.
- Tired of takeaways yet? Thought notWe might be longing for restaurants to reopen, but we sure are loving delivery kits in Lockdown 2.0.From middle eastern flavours, ready-to-bake pizzas and at home sushi, we’re on a roll with takeaways.There’s simply no need to put up with the same home-cooked meals scrambled together from the few ingredients you can buy in shops.
Treat yourself to ordering in and enjoy delicious food in the comfort of your own home.
Here are some of the best at-home
- Doctors and nurses will see their pay increaseThe Chancellor said NHS doctors and nurses will receive a pay rise, but pay rises for most of the rest of the public sector will be ‘paused’ next year.However, the 2.1 million public sector workers who earn below the median wage of £24,000 will be guaranteed a pay rise of at least £250 next year, Mr Sunak said.Rishi Sunak highlighted a disparity between public sector and private sector wages, adding he ‘cannot justify a
- Rishi Sunak announces his spending review (Picture: Parliament TV)The UK is forecast to borrow £394 billion this year, equivalent to 19% of GDP – the highest recorded level of borrowing in peacetime history.The Office for Budget Responsibility made the prediction as the Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced his latest spending review.
Mr Sunak told MPs borrowing will fall to£164 billion next year and £105 billion in 2022/23.He also announced the Government would increase the N
- Public sector workers bore the brunt of austerity cuts after the global financial crash, and unions have warned this is heaping punishment on those who worked to keep the country going during the pandemic
- Hameed Akhtar admitted GBH with intent over the attack (Pictures: Cavendish Press)A knifeman who stabbed a man in the neck and told him ‘You’ll be dead in six seconds’ has been jailed for more than six years.Hameed Akhtar, 51, plunged the blade into Ansar Mohammad’s throat in front of a group of witnesses in the living room of an address in Rochdale on March 13.After fleeing the scene he was heard boasting: ‘There was blood coming out like a fountain – you wil
- Meghan Markle has revealed she suffered a miscarriage earlier this year, leaving her and Prince Harry facing "almost unbearable" grief
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- The 20-year-old is rated as one of Europe’s most exciting young talents (Picture: Getty Images)Red Bull Salzburg’s sporting director expects in-demand midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai to join a ‘big club’ next year amid interest from Arsenal – though they are not the only north London club interested.The Hungarian is regarding as one of Europe’s most exciting young midfielders and already has five goals and nine assists in 14 matches for his club this season, as
- The 32-year-old man is also claimed to have initially refuse to give police his details after they busted the illegal gathering at an house in the Forest Town area of Nottingham
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak warned that the 'economic emergency has only just begun' as he delivered the grim forecasts at the Spending Review
- US border patrols have detained more than 60 children at the border for more than three days in the past two months, including a one-month-old baby held for 16 days..
- Sir David Attenborough’s Instagram account is now inactive (Picture: PA)Sir David Attenborough’s Instagram account is now inactive after breaking world records on the social media platform on its debut.
The veteran broadcaster, 94, first set up an Instagram page at the end of September to highlight important environmental issues and urge others to help him in saving the planet.
He broke records on his debut and became the fastest account to reach 1million followers in just four hours
- Telling your family you want to spend Christmas without them can be tough (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)The news is out – Christmas isn’t cancelled after all.After a month-long lockdown in England and local tier restrictions returning from December 2, the government has announced that everyone across the UK will get a break from the ban on meeting up from December 23 to 27.During that time period, up to three households will be able to mix.But just because the rules allow it
- Christmas bubbles will be allowed for five days over the festive season (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)Millions of people across the country will welcome the news of coronavirus restrictions easing over Christmas.Three households will be allowed to form an exclusive Christmas bubble for five days from December 23 to 27.The new guidance only permits Christmas bubbles to meet up outdoors, in churches and in private homes.This means you can stay over at your parents’ house on December 23,
Maisie Smith has admitted she felt ‘guilty’ about sending Max George and Caroline Quentin home when she was saved by the Strictly Come Dancing judges in two consecutive dance-offs.Last week, the Wanted singer Max found himself in the bottom two with his professional partner Dianne Buswell, going up against Maisie and her partner Gorka Márquez.A week after Max was elimi
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak set out plans this afternoon to help revive a Covid-ravaged economy as part of his Winter Spending Review (Picture: Getty Images / PA)Rishi Sunak said the UK has been forced to £394 billion this year as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.The chancellor revealed the figure in his Winter Spending Review speech today, after the Cabinet was warned the true extent of the economic impact makes a ‘sobering read’.It comes as Mr Sunak announced the launch of a t
- Frank Emsley says he's thankful to have been there or she could have "never returned" from the holiday
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!