Bruno Fernandes backing Marcus Rashford to be Champions League top scorer after Manchester United beat Istanbul BasaksehirBruno Fernandes celebrates with Marcus Rashford as Manchester United beat Istanbul Basaksehir (Getty)Bruno Fernandes is supporting Marcus Rashford’s push to be the Champions League’s top scorer this season as Manchester United sealed a 4-1 victory over Istanbul Basaksehir on Tuesday evening.Fernandes’ stunning strike opened the scoring for United and the Portugal international doubled his tally in the 19th minute.However, Fernandes passed up the chance to score an early hat-tri
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with Manchester United summer signing Donny van de Beek (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits summer signing Donny van de Beek is ‘unhappy’ at Manchester United but has praised his reaction as he looks to kick-start his career at Old Trafford.‘I wouldn’t say that Donny is happy,’ Solskjaer said. ‘Of course, he wants to play more, but he gets about his job in the right manner.‘He reminds me a lot about myself, when I first came
- Professor Jonathan Van-Tam said that if those who have been vaccinated begin easing off because they are protected, they are potentially putting at risk those further down the priority list who still need inoculation against coronavirus
- Charles Sobhraj (portrayed in drama The Serpent by actor Tahar Rahim) exerted a cult-like hold over travellers to Bangkok, many of whom were never seen again.
- Frank Lampard is fighting to save his job at Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Chelsea chiefs have identified Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers as a possible replacement for Frank Lampard if they decided to sack the struggling boss.Blues legend Lampard is fighting to save his job at Stamford Bridge after his Chelsea team slipped seven places in the Premier League in the space of six weeks.Lampard’s Chelsea went top of the table in early December but have lost five of their last eight matches to
- The mercury is expected to reach as high as 45C in South Australia while most of the country's south-east will sweat through the mid-30s on Sunday.
- Donald Trump spent his first weekend as the former president of the United States indulging in his favorite pastime at his West Palm Beach club golf course.
- Private healthcare provider Clalit Health Services in Tel Aviv has started giving vaccines to teenagers as the country inoculates its population at breakneck speed
- Dr Alison Pittard and Dr Daniele Bryden, respectively the dean and vice dean of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, chided other healthcare workers for posting critical messages online.
- In the 43 years since her body was discovered in the seedy hotel room she shared with Sex Pistols punk Sid Vicious, questions and theories have swirled around the death of Nancy Spungen
- Police patrolled parks and beaches amid a crackdown on rule breaking (Picture:PA)Brits flocked to parks across England on Saturday despite Downing Street’s messages to stay at home.Popular outdoor spots looked particularly busy as people keen for fresh air made the most of the bright skies before temperatures plummet tomorrow.The Government is urging people to stay at home as much as possible during the third lockdown to bring down rising Covid cases and deaths.
However it has resisted cal
- The unnamed SAS sergeant fired into one of the jihadi suicide bomber's chests with the resultant explosion also killing four others including a top commander in Syria
- Jennifer Gray works full-time but she now must spend her time teaching her children as her youngest receives no online lessons. She also worries about the mental impact of lockdown.
- Stephen James, 37, a former lance corporal in the Intelligence Corps, is co-founder of the Invicta National Academy, which offers free live English and maths lessons for children aged between six and 16.
- The Hall of Famer was feeling nostalgic (Photo: WWE)WWE legend Hulk Hogan is in a reflective mood – and has insisted his legacy with ‘live forever’.The 67-year-old Hall of Famer – who is one of the most significant figures in wrestling history – took to social media 37 years to the day after his first world championship victory over the Iron Sheik.Sharing a photo of the dramatic pinfall, he described the memorable moment from Madison Square Garden as a redefining mo
- EXCLUSIVE: Singer is said to be “deeply upset” at the passing of children's HIV doctor who he became pals with after she wrote to the superstar asking for help in rebuilding a hospital
- Sir Kenneth Branagh will put on his political hat as Prime Minister Boris Johnson (Picture: Getty/PA)Thespian Sir Kenneth Branagh is set to play Boris Johnson in an upcoming drama about the coronavirus pandemic.This Sceptred Isle, a show commissioned by Sky, will depict events that occurred during the first wave of the Covid-19 outbreak, following the inner workings of the government at that time and the plight of medical workers on the frontline.The five-part series is based on first-hand testi
- EXCLUSIVE: Doris Hobday and Lilian Cox were both hospitalised with coronavirus but only one of them won their fight for life
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants Manchester United to sign Dayot Upamecano (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants Manchester United to sign Dayot Upamecano ahead of Premier League rivals Liverpool, according to reports.Jurgen Klopp has identified French centre back Upamecano as a possible target as he tries to bolster his defensive options following the injury crisis at Anfield.But Klopp has all but ruled out the chances of Liverpool signing a defender during the January transfer window, leaving t
- Supermodel Kate Moss had to travel to Paris work, cutting her Caribbeam holiday short. But she still made the most of her time in the city accompanied by her boyfriend and daughter.
- Lisa Nandy, 41, has faced ridicule after praising a report which suggested replacing the British Armes Forces with a 'gender-balanced human security' corps and claimed 'UK is no longer a great power'.
- People who have received their first Covid-19 jab must stay at home for three weeks after their injection because it can take that long for immunity to 'kick in', Jonathan Van-Tam warned last night.
- EXCLUSIVE: Iwona says Peter Chilvers, whose controlling behaviour led to Magdalena Lesicka killing her son, has never shown remorse - she was horrified at our picture of Chilvers out of prison carrying his child
- EXCLUSIVE: Our photo shows Peter Chilvers enjoying life with his new family after serving less than a third of his sentence - his fiancée Magdalena Lesicka killed their son following 'deliberate, relentless and ultimately overwhelming psychological torment'
- EXCLUSIVE: Some of the country’s most vulnerable families have been hardest-hit as swathes of people work from home and children remain off school – causing bills to rocket by up to £45 a month
- Those in care homes are once again being thrown to the wolves after the Tories made a political gamble to get a first dose out to as many as possible and extend the date for a second from 21 days to 12 weeks
- Star of the Channel 4 show Sara has put her career on hold to get back in the action as a frontline nurse - here she shares her diary of four days in the battle against Covid-19
- A man has been arrested in connection to the attempted abduction of a five-year-old boy. The child was unharmed after the mother confronted the suspect. CCTV was previously published.
- Sources said Prime Minister Boris Johnson favours a more targeted approach than making all air passengers quarantine. Travellers from Brazil and South Africa will be escorted to hotels.
- Justin Bieber has reflected on his 2014 arrest (Picture: Justin Bieber – Miami Dade Police Department)Justin Bieber has looked back on his arrest in 2014 admitting he’s ‘not proud’ of where he was in his life.
During a trip to Miami, the Sorry hitmaker was charged with drunken driving, resisting arrest and driving without a valid license. He was released on a $2,500 (£1,505) bond.Sharing a photo of the arrest, Bieber wrote on Instagram: ‘7 years
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!