- via metro.co.ukMay has seen colder, wetter temperatures than is usual for this time of year (Pictures: North News and Pictures)The country has shown its dedication to boozing as people defied wet weather and sat in pub gardens with raincoats and umbrellas. It has been near-impossible to get a walk-in table in the UK, particularly in London, since hospitality venues were allowed to open outside on April 12.People have flocked to pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes to reunite with loved ones and have a cheeky
- Arman Yusuf Rahmani, 21, arranged for people to be hidden in the base of sofas before being transported overseas using oblivious 'man with van' drivers
- Boris Johnson dashed the hopes of lockdown-weary Brits with a much-anticipated extension of England’s lockdown restrictions, for four weeks up to July 19
- Millie Ford, 25, from Sydney, has more than 15million likes on TikTok for her portrayals of teachers most Australian kids grew up with.
- A mother suffered horrifying bruising to her face after five falling trees destroyed her home during wild storms in Victoria.
McDonald's hacks; Man shares ways to create new menu items Hotcake McMuffin' and espresso thickshakeJayden Head, from Albury, NSW has been teaching Australians how they can get the most out of their fast food purchases through a collection of videos on TikTok.
Time is running out for Victorian 'Set for Life' prize winner, who has a month to claim $4.8 millionVictorian jackpot winner has a month to come forward and claim $4.8 million dollar 'Set for Life' prize. The ticket purchased in Echuca won the prize in January this year.
- People fled New York, Illinois and California for Texas, Idaho, Arizona and The Carolinas according to data from moving company North American Van Lines.
- A picture of Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison posing for a picture outside the front of an English pub has sparked a flurry of outrage on social media. He had a drink during the G7.
- After murdering his young girlfriend Mai Yia Vang in their Bendigo, Victoria, home, Adam Margolis typed out an email to three church friends confessing and asking them to look after his cats.
- Natasha Beth Darcy pleaded not guilty to murdering Mathew Dunbar, who was found dead in his bed on his Pandora property in the Northern Tablelands town of Walcha in August, 2017.
- Experts said social workers are reporting an increase in the severity of cases, particularly for older people who were in Covid lockdowns with abusive family members.
- The US leader and his wife Jill had a chat with the 95-year-old monarch over tea at Windsor Castle on Sunday evening after attending the G7 summit in Cornwall
- Yeonmi Park and her mother fled North Korea to China over the frozen Yalu River in 2007, when she was just 13, and the two were sold into slavery by human traffickers.
- The toughness has been questioned of two St Kilda stars who skipped last weekend's crucial clash against Adelaide - but the comments have incensed AFL legend Garry Lyon who leapt to their defence.
- A woman can be heard screaming 'You tried to steal my son' in the Winson Green area of Birmingham at around 3.15pm on Monday.
- The boys also allegedly shouted homophobic slurs and asked the girls to show evidence of self-harm as they pursued them through Victoria Park in Kew in Melbourne's inner-east on Saturday.
- The tradie who slammed his car into the drive-thru of an Adelaide KFC and knocked over power lines kneeled at the side of the road eating his chicken while emergency crews cleaned up the debris.
- Alek Brumby, 30, fled the Alice Springs Correctional Centre late Sunday. He's not considered dangerous but the public are warned not to approach him and instead, call police.
- The National Trust has come under fire aftervolunteers at the Georgian Italianate palace in Suffolk were asked to wear rainbow colours and symbols to mark Pride Month.
- A woman got the fright of her life after finding a huge carpet python behind her toaster while making breakfast.
- The Scottish Football Supporters Association expects as many as 6,000 Scots will be making the trip south on Friday, while others say it could be 20,000 people.
- 21st June... 19th July?
- During the terrifying incident inside the packed Big Bear Supermarket in Georgia, US, the gunman was also wounded when the shop's security guard opened fire at him
- Unable to see her GP due to Covid restrictions, Nicole Freeman claims she spoke to her doctor and sent photos of the sore five times on a monthly basis as the sore got progressively worse
- Coronavirus and Brexit have been blamed for driving away thousands of foreign pickers and packers while not enough Britons apply for the jobs.
- A cashier was shot dead after an argument with a customer in Georgia. Victor Lee Tucker Jr., 30, of Palmetto, allegedly entered the store and argued with staff about wearing a mask.
- Rohit Mehta and Manmohit Singh Sachdeva, former co-owners of the Hangout on Preston in Como, Perth, face charges over the alleged rape on July 26, 2018.
Rio Ferdinand trolls Sir Alex Ferguson and reveals legendary Manchester United manager’s prediction for England vs Scotlandvia metro.co.ukThe pair have been exchanging text messages during the Euros (Pictures: Five / Youtube / Getty)Rio Ferdinand could not resist teasing Sir Alex Ferguson as Scotland suffered a 2-0 defeat in their opening match of Euro 2020, though the former Manchester United manager is convinced his countrymen can beat England.After a 23-year wait to play at a major international tournament, the Scots were undone against Czech Republic by two strikes from Patrick Schick – the second of which, a 50-yard lob
- New South Wales Government has unveiled a blueprint to get morepeople onto the property ladder with a radical overhaul of local tax laws - and free money for first-time home buyers.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!