How do you feel about artificial intelligence? (Getty Images/iStockphoto)
Artificial intelligence (AI) is seeping its way into the likes of finance, medicine and retail but many of us still aren’t sure how we feel about it.
More than a fifth of Britons would trust AI to better handle political negotiations – including Brexit – over human politicians, according to a new survey.
The poll of 2,000 people in the UK also found nearly a third would follow financial advice given to th
- Dark Souls: Remastered – time to go back? (pic: Bandai Namco)The Friday Inbox is worried that Microsoft doesn’t have many next gen games ready, as one reader is upset the Quackshot remake isn’t happening.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Games of the moment
So most people will probably have been in lockdown now for at least two weeks, so I’m curious as to what games everyone’s been playing the most? Not for the first time I wis
- Fun for all the family (Pic: Nintendo)Trapped inside your home because of the coronavirus and need to keep the kids entertained? These games may help with that.We’ve already recommended some great games to play during the coronavirus lockdown, but not all of them may be suitable or interesting for young children.Would you let your child play something like The Last Of Us or Red Dead Redemption 2? (The answer should be no.)So, we’ve compiled a list of games that the little ones can ge
- James Martin got a bit of a shock when he saw himself on the telly (Picture: Liz McAulay)James Martin has admitted he got a bit of shock when he saw himself on a widescreen TV for the first time.The Saturday Kitchen star reckons he looked ‘massive’ on telly and we couldn’t disagree more.
The 47-year-old opened up about his weight in a cover shoot interview with Prima magazine.
‘I’ve read all sorts of rubbish about my weight – the worst thing you can do is
- Timothee Chalamet and Armie Hammer returning for Call Me By Your Name sequel (Picture: Getty/Rex)Timothee Chalamet and Armie Hammer are both returning for the Call Me By Your Name sequel.
The actors, who starred in the first movie released in 2017, have both been confirmed for the follow-up film by its director Luca Guadagnino.
In an interview with La Republica, Luca revealed that it is a ‘pleasure to work with’ both Timothee and Armie, while confirming they and the rest of the cast
- Gordon Ramsay’s daughter has gone on a dinner date with Gino D’Acampo’s son (Picture: PA/Rex )Gordon Ramsay’s ‘worst nightmare’ came true when his daughter Matilda went on a date with Gino D’Acampo’s son.
The Hell’s Kitchen star was horrified when he found out Tilly, 18, was having dinner with 18-year-old Luciano.How did he find out?
Well, Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip returned tonight and in the episode, Gino was seen FaceTiming his son a
- Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury could still fight this year (Picture: Getty/ Metro.co.uk)Anthony Joshua’s next fight could still be against Tyson Fury, believes promoter Eddie Hear, who says all options are on the table amid the chaos the coronavirus pandemic has caused.Joshua is currently scheduled to defend his WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles against Kubrat Pulev on 20 June at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London, however, the chances of that happening are slim to none.Meanwhil
Linda Lusardi recalls coronavirus symptoms that left her ‘feeling like an elephant is sitting on you’ and turned her vomit blueLinda Lusardi has candidly spoken about her coronavirus ordeal (Picture: PA)Linda Lusardi has opened up about her coronavirus ordeal, after overcoming the flu-like infection and finally returning home from hospital.
The Dancing On Ice star, 61, had been hospitalised and her husband Sam Kane had previously said she was ‘taken to death’s door’ while fighting off the virus.
Now home and on the road to recovery, Linda has candidly spoken about what it was like to have Covid-19 and
- We can not cope with how cute The Rock and his daughter are (Picture: Rex/Instagram/therock)Dwayne Johnson shared the most adorable video of him teaching his daughter to wash her hands properly during the coronavirus pandemic and honestly, it’s exactly what we needed. The Rock shared a video his daughter Tia sitting by the sink in their bathroom as he told his followers that they had been singing the rap part from his song in the film Moana to get the length of time right. To hel
- Business editor Anastasia Petrova first noticed she had a fever at her home in Perm, Russia on March 23 and blogged about her struggle with Covid-19 until her death this week
- The first coronavirus death in the UK was made public on March 5, although the patient actually died on February 28, almost a week before it was announced by Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty
- Ivan Rakitic is expecting to leave Barcelona this summer (Picture: Getty Images Europe)Barcelona are willing to sell Ivan Rakitic at the end of the season for €20m (£17.6m) with the Croatian’s contract at the Nou Camp expiring in 2021.The 32-year-old has been a consistently impressive performer in the Barca midfield since arriving from Sevilla in 2014, and remains a regular in the first team, making 31 appearances so far this season.Rakitic has made 299 appearances in total for
James Corden reunites with One Man, Two Guvnors cast as the National Theatre streams show on YouTube during coronavirus lockdownJames Corden reunited with the One Man, Two Guvnors cast via video link to celebrate The National Theatre LondonJames Corden reunited with his old One Man, Two Guvnors castmates on Twitter to show their support for the National Theatre amid the coronavirus crisis.
Theatres have taken a hit during the current Covid-19 pandemic, as all productions have been halted and theatres closed to adhere to lockdown measures put in place to try and control the spread of coronavirus.
The National Theatre shut
- EXCLUSIVE: Amid the coronavirus crisis, carers gave the Mirror an insight into their life-saving work and say 'we’re their lifeline..we remind them all that the world outside is not all doom-and-gloom'
- Yogi Bear voiceover actress Julie Bennett has died, aged 88, from coronavirusYogi Bear star Julie Bennett has died, aged 88, from coronavirus.
The US actress, best known for her voiceovers, passed away on Tuesday from Covid-19, her agent and longtime friend Mark Scroggs has confirmed.
Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Mark praised the staff at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre in Los Angeles for looking after Julie while she was in hospital.
He said in a statement: ‘They have been amazing during
- Mum-of-two Caroline Saunby, 48, died just days after catching coronavirus (Picture: Facebook/GoFundMe)A twin has described the ‘unbearable heartbreak’ of losing her ‘healthy’ sister to coronavirus, as she urges the public to take social distancing measures seriously.Mum-of-two Caroline Saunby, 48, died at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough on March 29, after testing positive for Covid-19. She is said to have had no underlying health conditions.Caroline, from
- The Last Of Us Part 2 – not out next month (pic: Sony)Sony has confirmed that The Last Of Us Part 2 will not be out next month, but Naughty Dog is hopeful it’ll be out relatively soon after.Stop us if you’ve heard this one before, but The Last Of Us Part 2 has been delayed. Although this time it’s for a sadly predictable reason: the coronavirus pandemic.The Last Of Us Part 2 had originally been due out on 21 February, but was delayed until 29 May. But now it won’t m
Matt Lucas has revealed that he is certain Little Britain will return in the future but it may not be as a TV show. The comedian revealed on The One Show that he believes the comedy sketch show could be brought back in an entirely different format. He explained: ‘[David Walliams and I] message each other most days and send each other those silly memes that everybody sends
- Just 5,000 frontline NHS workers have so far been checked, sparking fury among those putting their lives on the line to battle the killer coronavirus which has now claimed 2,921 lives in the UK
- Rishi Sunak's has been forced to change the scheme meaning larger firms with turnovers as high as £500 million to access support, while opening up the availability of state-backed cash to smaller companies
- Hollyoaks’ Rachel Adedeji sang Whitney Houston with her daughter (Picture: Twitter/Rex)Rachel Adedeji showed off her singing chops on ‘day 10’ of her coronavirus quarantine.
The Hollyoaks actress, who shot to fame on The X Factor in 2009, belted out a bit of Whitney Houston while in self-isolation.
Her backing singers?
Oh, just her adorable two-year-old daughter Lillian and equally cute dog.
Rachel’s husband Jason Finegan shared a clip of her, clad in a dressing gown
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock appears to be listening to concerns about the lack of testing for frontline NHS workers, with the Government promising 100,000 tests per day by the end of the month
- Ronnie O’Sullivan is widely considered the greatest snooker player in history (Picture: Getty Images)Ronnie O’Sullivan may be the greatest snooker player to ever pick up a cue, but you still can’t play the game much better than Steve Davis or Stephen Hendry. reckons Dennis Taylor.Debate has always rumbled on among snooker fans as to who is the best player ever to take to the baize and the Rocket tends to come out on top these days thanks to his amazing longevity int he game.The
- Gemma Bridge, from Leeds Beckett University, has researched the sugar content of baby formulas and found that some have 8.2g of the white stuff in 100ml compared to 4.6g in Fanta
- Gary Neville has slammed Matt Hancock (Pictrue: Getty)Gary Neville has hit back at Health Secretary Matt Hancock after he called for Premier League players to take a pay cut during the coronavirus pandemic.
Hancock urged footballers to ‘play their part’ by taking pay cuts to keep costs down for clubs during the pandemic.It comes as the likes of Tottenham, Norwich and Newcastle utilised the government’s job retention scheme to pay staff, instead of asking their high-earning play
- Craig Woodhall, 40, is accused of the murder of wife Victoria Woodhall, 31 (Picture: Ben Lack Photography Ltd)A man accused of stabbing his NHS nurse wife to death on the street will go on trial later this year.Mum-of-three Victoria Woodhall, 31, who was working on the coronavirus frontline, was attacked outside her home in Windsor Crescent in the Middlecliffe area of Barnsley just before 5pm on Sunday.Emergency services were called to the property but the health worker was pronounced
- Keir Starmer, Rebecca Long-Bailey and Lisa Nandy have been vying to become the next leader of the Labour Party in a lengthy contest that comes to a close this weekend
- The economic picture for the Republic of IReland is looking ‘very bad’ Irish PM Leo Varadkar has said (Picture: PA/Getty)The Republic of Ireland is on the brink of another recession with more jobs lost in the past two weeks than they were over a period of three years after the financial crash of 2008, the PM has warned.
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said the economic picture was looking ‘very bad’ as deaths climbed to 98 and cases reached 3,849.
Unemployment in the country has s
- Neville and United had an intense rivalry with United (Picture: Getty)Gary Neville has revealed he would have played for Arsenal if Manchester United had decided to offload him during his playing career.The Manchester native spend his entire career at United and is among a rare breed of one-man club in modern football.Neville and United had an intense rivalry with Arsenal in the Premier League, but the former defender revealed the Gunners would have been his No.1 choice had he left Old Trafford.
- Melissa Dykes serves Ruth and Bill Jordan everyday at MePa’s Diner. The Jordan’s are the only customers allowed in the restaurant during the coronavirus lockdown. (Picture: WAFB)A kind restaurant owner opened her doors just so a woman suffering from dementia could eat with her husband despite the coronavirus crisis.
Like countless restaurants across America, MePa’s Diner in Central, Louisiana has had revert to serving only take-out to slow the spread of the virus – althou
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!