- via theguardian.comFebruary issue cover shot is an important statement of anti-tokenism, says magazine’s editorBritish Vogue has hailed a new era that spotlights African fashion. The magazine’s February issue features nine dark-skinned models of African heritage on its cover, including Adut Akech.Seemingly referencing Peter Lindbergh’s “Supers” Vogue cover from 1990, which introduced the world to the idea of the supermodel, the shot is a challenge to the traditionally white fashion in
- The temporary site on the grounds of Royal Preston Hospital is one of eight commissioned across England last month when the fourth wave looked as if it could threaten the health service.
- Around 1.2 million people in Xiong'an New Area - around 60 miles southwest of Beijing - are no longer allowed to enter or leave their residential compounds.
- In legal documents revealed this week Prince Andrew denied he and Ghislaine Maxwell were close, despite the pair sharing holidays together and trips to Royal residences over decades
- A Thursday evening call between President Joe Biden and Ukrainian President Zelensky reportedly 'did not go well,' with Zelensky urgng Biden to tone down the talk of a Russian invasion.
- Katherine Norris, 58 - who lied to police and a court - insisted her son Chay Bowskill, 20, is 'not a bad boy' after his botched kidnap attempt left girlfriend Angel Lynn severely paralysed
- West Yorkshire Police issued an image of convicted burglar Jonathan Cahill, 37, and got a huge response from the public. Cahill is believed to be laying low in Wakefield in Leeds.
- Boris Johnson has been accused of lying over whether he authorised the airlift of cats and dogs from Afghanistan - but he branded claims 'total rhubarb'
- The woman went to text her friend but got confused and accidentally text the man she'd just been on a date with, confessing she thinks she's in love with him and that she's tricked him into texting back
- Storm Malik is expected to deal a ‘glancing blow’ to the North this weekend (Picture: MET Office/PAwire)Parts of the UK will be battered by newly-named Storm Malik bringing gale-force winds and snow over the weekend, forecasters have warned.A yellow weather warning has been issued for most of Scotland, parts of northern England and Northern Ireland, lasting from Saturday to Monday.Wind speeds could reach 80mph in coastal areas with gusts of 60mph inland, the Met Office said.Peak snow
- Lysette made her final appearance in Hollyoaks earlier this month (Picture: Lime Pictures)Lysette Anthony has unveiled a new look in the wake of her departure from Hollyoaks.
The actress, who portrayed Marnie Nightingale on the Channel 4 soap, took to social media to reveal that she’s preparing to take on a new acting role.The 58-year-old posted a selfie on her Instagram, in which she sports a very different hairstyle.‘An actors law’, she captioned the photo with: ‘your h
- What type are you? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)Before you can break bad money habits and start new ways of being a personal finance genius, you need to understand why and how you spend.
In other words, what type of spender are you? What common pitfalls do you fall into? What’s the trigger for overspending?
Getting to grips to this will not only help you feel more informed about your money (and yourself), but will get you on track to sort out any long-term issues and start saving a load of
- The Highway Code contains advice and rules for people on Britain's roads and a total of 49 existing rules are to be updated with new amendments as well.
- Carmela, from Campania, Italy, was enjoying her 86th birthday party when she grasped hold of the waiter's arm and started caressing it, mistaking the service worker for her grandson.
- Vladimir Putin is weighing up how to respond after the US and NATO rejected his security demands around Ukraine, with Biden warning an attack could now be just weeks away.
- Sir Andrew Wood witnessed the early stage of the Russian president’ ruthless rise to power (Picture: AP)The British ambassador who witnessed Vladimir Putin’s rise to power at close quarters feared from the outset he was on a collision course with the West.Sir Andrew Wood was the UK’s man in Moscow from 1995 to 2000, the period when the now-Russian president emerged as the country’s most powerful man.The former-senior diplomat said Western leaders were ‘fooled’
- Marks & Spencer has launched a TikTok-style format to appeal to a younger market. It is live-streaming from stores with experts showing armchair shoppers the latest ranges
- Nadine Dorries took to Twitter to post a photo os a pork pie - seemingly poking fun at the pork pie plotters trying to bring down Boris Johnson.
- Lakers forward Carmelo Anthony confronted a pair of 76ers fans who were ultimately ejected in Philadelphia after witnesses heard one of the two referring to the ten-time All-Star as 'boy.'
- The Magpies are set for a busy end to the January transfer window (Pictures: Getty)Newcastle United are confident of signing Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah before Monday’s transfer deadline after stepping up talks to sign the contract rebel, according to reports.The Magpies have been looking to spend big this month in an effort to bolster their squad and avoid relegation, though so far they have only managed to secure deals for Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood.Manager Eddie Howe is still look
- According to royal biographer Penny Junor, Prince Charles is dreading the moment that he will ascend to the throne - despite having been preparing for the role for much of his life
- Tesla boss Elon Musk has called the Tesla Bot the company’s ‘most important’ product of the year (Tesla / Getty)Tesla CEO Elon Musk has called the company’s proposed humanoid robot its ‘most important product’ of the year.Putting it ahead of the sci-fi Cybertruck and the forthcoming Tesla Roadster, Musk told investors the Tesla Bot has the ‘potential to be more significant than the vehicle business over time’.The sleek, 60kg robot is code-named Opt
- Dotty is struggling; but it will get even worse (Picture: BBC)It wasn’t the happiest of Christmases for Dotty Cotton and her 2022 has got off to a rotten start in EastEnders.
Following her attempt to scam Sonia Fowler and the subsequent discovery that Nick isn’t her dad but Tom ‘Rocky’ Cotton is, Dotty’s life has been falling apart.
And actress Milly Zero has revealed why things get so bad – her alter ego keeps pushing people out.
Viewers have witnessed a whol
- Simona Sopagaite snapped an image of a mountain of bikes and parts outside the property in Herne Hill earlier this month.
- Ministers have blocked the public from seeing a report on whether sanctions are 'effective' - within days of launching a new crackdown that will stop more people's benefits
- YouTuber Max Stanford took on the epic challenge, which saw him eat a curry 15 times bigger than a normal meal
- A decaying bridge in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania collapsed on Friday just hours before President Joe Biden’s scheduled visit to the area to talk infrastructure.
Ten people were injured when the bridge fell at 6.50am, Pittsburgh Public Safety shared in a tweet. Three were brought to an area hospital to be treated with non-life threatening injuries.White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Biden would still make the trip to West Mifflin, 10 miles outside of Pittsburgh, ‘and will stay in
- The kidnapper boyfriend of tragic Angel Lynn sneered showing off a zombie knife and knuckleduster in social media posts pointing to his violent urges.
- Austin Osayande, 40, faced a trial after being charged with the rape in 2015 and a sexual assault on a woman on September 10 last year, but he pleaded guilty to one count of rape and one count of sexual assault by penetration
- President Joe Biden leads former President Donald Trump by 10 points in a head-to-head poll conducted by Marquette Law School.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!