- Chief executive Alex Cruz stressed that 'people need to get flying again' if the company is to emerge through the winter.
- Father Raymond Harris (pictured left), 27, has been remembered for 'the happiness he brought to his daughter' after he was stabbed to death during an alleged brawl on the Gold Coast on Wednesday.
- Thomas Tran, 20, was allegedly stabbed in his heart by Lindim Aliti, 18, during a gang attack at a shopping strip in Oakleigh, in Melbourne's southeast, in June.
- Larger outbreaks of coronavirus are expected at the end of the academic term as students move around the UK to travel home during their two-week break.
- McDonald's UK and Ireland CEO Paul Pomroy has confirmed 800 restaurants will continue to offer delivery and drive-thru orders through the night despite 10pm curfew
- President Donald Trump praised Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron's 'fantastic' handling of the Breonna Taylor case after a grand jury indicted a single officer in connection with her killing.
- In a passionate intervention to Boris Johnson's six-month Covid clampdown, Julian Metcalfe, who founded Pret A Manger and Itsu, said the prosperity of the nation is now at stake.
- The Commons culture select committee urged ministers to use the pause created by the latest Covid-19 restrictions to take steps to enable venues to plan a return of audiences to full capacity.
- When police put out the news autistic teenager William Wall had been found dead it was accompanied by an ominous statement.
- Hospitality businesses fear mounting job losses and closures as the 10pm curfew law kicks in from today in the government's bid to halt the UK's coronavirus second wave
- Patients will be given warnings about the addiction risks of opioid medicines.Doctors or pharmacists will have to talk about the risks of prescription and over-the-counter opioid medicine
- The UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak cancelled plans for a full-scale Budget in November, with sources saying it was 'not the time' for a long-term plan.
- Sonic The Hedgehog – would you care if Microsoft owned him? (pic: Sega)The Thursday Inbox is worried that Microsoft will start an acquisition war with Sony, as one reader is proud to play Ring Fit Adventure.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Whales and minnows
Am I the only one that doesn’t want Microsoft to buy Sega? Or anyone, frankly. I really do not want to see the games industry being owned by just two or three companies. That’s alread
- 'Sister, I am so sorry,' Breonna Taylor's sister, Juniyah Palmer, wrote on Instagram next to a photo of the two together. A Louisville grand jury declined to indict officers who shot Taylor dead.
- via theguardian.comIsrael announces plans for stricter lockdown; Paris to unveil tighter restrictions; Follow the latest updatesGlobal report: Trump calls 200,000 US coronavirus deaths ‘a shame’
Follow new restrictions or risk a second lockdown, Johnson warns UKWeekly number of new cases at highest level, says WHOSee all our coronavirus coverage 12.41am BST Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Wednesday announced plans for a strict, two-week nationwide lockdown in a bid to slow a raging coronav
- The closures in Marseille (pictured) - which start on Monday - were announced by Olivier Véran on Wednesday as part of a nationwide series of tough new measures.
- Pubs, bars and restaurants marked the final night for the foreseeable future that they are legally allowed to stay open past 10pm before fresh coronavirus lockdown restrictions hit England later today
- The bakery chain has rushed to reassure its customers that supplies should not be affected due to a large reserve of frozen stock in Newcastle (file photo).
- University Hospitals Plymouth Trust has been prosecuted and fined for failing to be 'transparent' about the death of Elsie Woodfield, 91, who died at Derriford Hospital after going in for an endoscopy.
- The former Sydney Roosters and Rabbitohs captain, 51, has opened up about his 20-year-old business Garlo's Pies which has boomed into a $20million worldwide empire.
- via theguardian.comBrett Hankison indicted on charges of wanton endangermentNo officers directly charged in Taylor’s deathAnger erupted on Wednesday when a grand jury brought no charges against Louisville police for the killing of Breonna Taylor during a drug raid gone wrong.Prosecutors in Kentucky said the officers who fired their weapons at Taylor were justified in using force to protect themselves. Continue reading...
- Sir Trevor McDonald and his wife Jo have split (Picture: PA/Rex)Sir Trevor McDonald has split from his wife Jo after 34 years of marriage.According to reports, the 81-year-old former ITN News At Ten presenter has moved out of their £2.6million home and into a new house two miles away.‘It is sad but Trevor and Jo realised they weren’t making one another happy any more, and that it was time to move on with their lives,’ a source claimed.‘Trevor is still very much
Jack Fincham says he’s ‘not a reality star’ as he turns to professional boxing career after Love IslandJack Fincham is trading reality show fame for the boxing ring (Picture: Rex/Instagram/jack_charlesf)Jack Fincham has revealed his new career move as a professional boxer and hopes to compete in the light heavyweight division. The former Love Island star, 28, who welcomed his first child at the start of the year, shared a video declaring: ‘I’m not a reality star, I’m a professional boxer’. He added: ‘This is a dream come true for me ever since being an amat
Jennifer Aniston’s Rachel Green in Friends was originally going to be played by a completely different cast memberJennifer Aniston played Rachel in the hit sitcom (Picture: NBC)Friends star Jane Sibbett has claimed she was originally cast as Rachel.The actress, who played Ross Geller’s ex-wife Carol in the hit sitcom, revealed that producers had actually lined her up to star as Jennifer Aniston’s character.Yep, our minds are also blown.
‘I actually was up for another character,’ Jane spilled. ‘They wanted me to be one of the main six.‘It was actually Rachel but I usually
- Victoria has recorded another drop in coronavirus cases with just 12 infections and two deaths on Thursday.
- President Trump slammed Meghan Markle from the White House podium after she and Prince Harry recorded a video message urging Americans to vote, hinting they support Democrat Joe Biden.
- Dumped Weekend Sunrise presenter Simon Reeve was paid $250,000 a year for six hours a week work and ferried between his huge Gold Coast estate and Sydney for filming, insiders claim.
- UK gin is under threat from the fungus-like Phytophthora austrocedri pathogen which spreads through juniper trees whose berries are used to make gin.
- A man has died after a stabbing at Bunyarra Reserve in Emu Plains. It's a possible road rage incident.
- Britons will be urged
to download the mobile tracing app that uses Bluetooth technology to alert users if they have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!