- St Mary Redcliffe church in Bristol made the decision following the bronze memorial to the 17th century slave owner and merchant being pulled down in Bristol in 2020.
- He’s back! (Pictures: ITV)Emmerdale is getting ready to celebrate its 50th anniversary, and what’s a birthday without old friends? Thankfully, Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller) is set to return to the village, and is sure to bring drama in his wake.Following the news that Faith (Sally Dexter) doesn’t have long left to live, Aaron returns to be with his family.‘Originally, he comes back because he knows his gran’s not very well’ Danny revealed.
‘In the meantime
Gogglebox stars blast government’s ‘ridiculous’ mini budget and accuse Tories of only ‘helping the rich’: ‘The economy is flatlining’They are not impressed, not one bit (Picture: Channel 4/Getty)If you ever had doubts over the Gogglebox stars’ views on the government’s new mini budget, well, they’ve set that record well and truly straight.When tuning in for chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng announcement, the stars of the Channel 4 show were hopeful, after learning that he would be introducing ‘the biggest tax cut since the 1970s.’However, their optimism soon faded, as his vow to slash income tax, stamp d
- An NYC doctor pleaded guilty to being part of an scheme that involved performing unnecessary surgery on destitute patients in order to scam insurance companies.
MAFS UK’s Duka Cav reveals he knew about Whitney and Matt affair before explosive dinner table drama and was planning on ‘bowing out’ anywayDuka has revealed new details about finding out about Whitney and Matt’s affair (Pictures: E4)Married At First Sight UK’s Duka Cav revealed he actually knew about Whitney Hughes and Matt Murray’s affair before Gemma Rose found out during an explosive episode.Whitney and Duka met and married at the altar, but things didn’t kick off to the best start when she brutally revealed to the cameras: ‘I wanted a man who’s a man that’s towering over me, like massiv
- Michelle Walton, 51, gave up her 30-year career in the force to follow her dream of becoming a stripper - and now wears a police uniform, uses handcuffs and a truncheon and “arrests” audience members for “being too sexy”
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales visited the Cardiff-based emergency unit and found several failings which discount the safety and dignity of patients
- Kevin De Bruyne and Sadio Mane are two players who could feature in the match (Picture: Getty)Darren Bent has defended the idea of a Premier League All-Star match against a Bundesliga XI, saying he would ‘like to see’ it.Chelsea owner Todd Boehly’s push to have an All-Star match is gaining traction with Premier League executives interested in taking on a European XI.American billionaire Boehly faced criticism earlier this month when he suggested a North vs South Premier Le
- Asthmatic Dominic Camponi, 38, once struggled to walk up the stairs without getting out of breath, but will complete the iconic 26.2 mile run in the capital after his staggering transformation
- Thousands of Iranians have taken to the streets over the last two weeks in protests over the death of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old woman arrested for allegedly not wearing her hijab properly.
- When Daniel Asadi was 14, he was told by his doctor that his growing phase was all but over. 11 years on, Daniel, then 25, underwent leg-lengthening surgery to gain the height he so desperately craved.
- Mr Edwards believes that Brady meticulously planned where to bury his victims because he wanted to create the shape of a swastika.
- Wall Street ended Friday -- the final day of the month and the quarter -- on another down note, with the main stock indexes posting their third straight quarterly loss for the first time since 2008.
- The student nurse was last seen at her home in Grays, Essex on July 4 and then reported missing to police at 12.50pm on July 6. She was found eight weeks later in Hampshire
- An 18-year-old football player and his 19-year-old girlfriend were killed when the Jeep they were driving collided with an 18-wheeler after crossing into its path.
- When Andrew's naval career wound to an end, he became a man with limited horizons whose interests rarely strayed beyond golf, videos and women, a new book reveals.
- Hurricane Ian struck South Carolina around 2pm on Friday (Picture: Reuters/AP/Getty Images)Hurricane Ian made a second landfall in the continental United States on Friday afternoon when the storm hit South Carolina.The brutal storm returned to the US shortly after 2pm on Friday. The center of Hurricane Ian hit the small coastal town of Georgetown – about 40 miles south of Myrtle Beach and 60 miles north of Charleston.Ian hit the Palmetto State sustaining winds of 85 mph, making it a Catego
- Justice Secretary Brandon Lewis is to expand the electronic tagging scheme to cover thousands of burglars, robbers and thieves serving short sentences.
- Phillip Schofield has reportedly been dropped as the £1million face of We Buy Any Car amid the fallout from claims that he and Holly Willoughby jumped the queue to see the Queen lying in state.
- Shortly after arriving Dixon had to be transferred to a different wing, after starting a relationship with a 'vulnerable' inmate.The woman Dixon targeted had 'learning difficulties' and mental health issues.
- Just hours before Russian President Vladmir Putin signed treaties to illegally annex Ukrainian territory, the Russian Consulate in New York was vandalized with red spray paint by an unknown suspect.
- With Morgan on board, Meghan agreed to do an interview with Vanity Fair for their October 2017 issue. The interview was, in effect, Meghan's big launch.
- Justice Secretary Brandon Lewis said he was 'furious' that David Norris who murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence in 1993 had managed to break prison rules and obtain a phone.
- An up-and-coming country artist returned to TikTok to promote his new song, as his lasthas been heard through two million videos on the ap.
Liz Truss refuses to say whether autumn benefits rise will go ahead following mini-budget ‘disruption’The Prime Minister admitted the mini-budget caused ‘disruption’ (Picture: PA/Getty Images)Liz Truss has refused to comment on whether benefits claimants might see a real terms cut as a cost-saving measure this autumn.The Prime Minister said an announcement would be made ‘in due course’ when questioned by reporters today.She admitted a ‘difficult winter’ was ahead and that the mini-budget caused ‘disruption’.It comes after reports the Treasury asked
- The Prime Minister said that a further announcement will be made in ‘due course’ on the issue (Picture: Ian Vogler/Daily Mirror/PA Wire)Liz Truss has refused to comment on whether benefits claimants might see a real terms cut as a cost-saving measure this autumn.The Prime Minister said an announcement would be made ‘in due course’ when questioned by reporters today.It comes after reports the Treasury asked departments across Government to make efficiency savings, or cuts,
- Keith Bennett lived in a red-brick, end of terrace in Manchester. Until recently, there was a poignant reminder of the little boy; it was a wall with goalposts painted on it by him, which has been knocked down.
Liz Truss faced a barrage of questions from reporters during her visit to Kent today.The Tory leader was grilled on the mini-budget, Labour’s recent surge in support and the inquest of teenager Molly Russell.During the interviews, she refused to comment on whether benefits claimants might see a real terms cut as a cost-saving measure this autumn.A full transcript of her answers can
- Responses will be sent to all, Buckingham Palace confirmed tonight (Picture: PA/Getty Images)More than 50,000 messages from the public flooded into Buckingham Palace following the Queen’s death.The Royal Family received sack loads of mail from well-wishers who felt moved to write and convey their sympathy for the monarchy.On September 19 – the day of the Queen’s funeral – the King and his family were pictured looking emotional and tens of thousands of people filled t
- Officers were called at about 5.30pm today to a disturbance in the area of Tottenham High Road, Haringey, where a male, believed to be in his late teens, had been stabbed to death.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!