- An allegedly stolen car has been filmed colliding with five vehicles before the alleged driver tries to flee on foot only to be tackled and arrested by police officers.
- Grandparents greeting family as they arrive for a visit on Christmas Day With Gift (Picture: Getty)If people are planning on reuniting with elderly relatives this Christmas they should consider isolating for ten to twelve days beforehand, an expert has said.
Former Government chief scientific adviser Sir David King said that the five day relaxation in the coronavirus restrictions poses a ‘big risk’ to those vulnerable.He told the Daily Mirror: ‘Many children will unwitting
Amber Heard goes horse-riding as petition for her removal from Aquaman 2 reaches 1.5 million signaturesAmber went for a trek with her horse Arrow (Picture: Snorlax / MEGA)Amber Heard brushed off the petition calling for her removal from Aquaman 2 as she went horse riding with friends.The 32-year-old seemed in good spirits as she rode her horse Arrow through Griffith Park in Los Angeles.Heard was joined by her girlfriend Bianca Butti for the jaunt, with the actress dressed in a black t-shirt, jeans and riding boots.The star has a love of horses, and her ex-husband Johnny Depp is believed to have b
- Liam Gallagher convinced ‘civil drink’ with Blur’s Damon Albarn never happened (Picture: Rex)Liam Gallagher ‘doesn’t remember’ once sitting down and having a drink with rival band Blur’s frontman Damon Albarn.
The Oasis rocker, 48, and his brother Noel Gallagher, 53, were famously locked in a feud with Blur back in their heyday, after their iconic music chart battle in 1995.
Oasis were set to release their single Roll With It, with Blur deciding last min
- Mila has been wearing 19th-century attire for two years (Picture: @your_sunny_flowers/Instagram)One of the few nice things about the pandemic and working from home is that we don’t need to get dressed every single day (let’s face it, we all wear PJs on the bottom for Zoom calls).
But some people, like Mila Povoroznyuk, loved getting dressed up – but her sartorial choices are a little different.Mila, from Ukraine, wears nothing but 19th-century attire every day.
While that might
- Boris Johnson wears a face mask as he visits the Public Health England site at Porton Down science park (Picture: Reuters)Boris Johnson has warned there will be ‘disastrous consequences’ for the NHS without the three-tiered system of restrictions when the lockdown ends next week.The Prime Minister urged the nation to ‘work together’ with tiering, testing and vaccines, as he stressed it was too early to relax restrictions.But the PM, who faces a showdown with his own MPs o
- The Roy Jones Jr vs Mike Tyson exhibition ended in a draw (Picture: Getty Images for Triller)Dana White was pleasantly surprised with what he saw from Mike Tyson in his exhibition with Roy Jones Jr on Saturday night, saying Iron Mike looked ‘f**king awesome’ in the contest.The two former world champions took part in an exhibition at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Saturday, with the bout ending in a draw.Most onlookers felt that Tyson had done enough to win the exhibition on the
- The family of a missing 12-year-old girl with a medical condition who has vanished for four days are urgently asking the public to help them find her.
I’m A Celebrity 2020: Tom Fletcher sends sweet message to wife Giovanna after she breaks down over missing her kidsTom Fletcher sent Giovanna Fletcher a few words of encouragement after her tearful moment on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! (Picture: REX)Tom Fletcher sent a supportive message to wife Giovanna Fletcher after she broke down on I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!.In a previously unseen clip shown during Saturday’s episode, the author teared up while talking about their boys Buzz, six, Buddy, four, and Max, two, who she is missing while she is in the Welsh cast
- Yoga instructor Jess Birchall (Picture: hero)Working from home brings an entirely different type of stress with it, and depending on your set-up, you might be feeling tightness in your body.Sitting at a makeshift desk, or even working from your sofa all day, can leave you feeling tense in your neck, shoulders and hips.Jess Birchall from hero – the UK’s leading wellbeing brand that supports businesses and individuals with all aspects of their health and wellbeing – des
- The UK now has seven million doses from Moderna (Pictures:PA/AP/Getty )The UK has ordered another two million doses of Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine.It brings the total number of jabs on order from the US pharmaceutical company to seven million – enough for around 3.5 million people in the UK.If Moderna’s vaccine is approved by health regulators it could be delivered next spring.
The Government has also ordered jabs from Oxford University’s ‘70% effective’ can
- Homelessness charity Crisis has paid for 517 hotel rooms at four London hotels which were provided by London Hotel Group for cheaper rates. They will house rough sleepers over Christmas.
- Anita Rani (left) and Glyn, who works for Trees for Cities in Bradford, help launch Plant Britain (Picture: PACountryfile has launched a brand new campaign to help tackle climate change, supporting a drive to plant 750,000 trees – one for every child in the UK who is starting primary school this year.A special episode of Countryfile, called Plant Britain, will see presenters Anita Rani and Matt Baker helping to kick off the new initiative this evening (November 29).The likes of Prince of W
- A soldier from the elite Special Reconnaissance Regiment - the British Army’s specialist covert observation unit - has managed to hide amongst the trees. Can you find him?
- Red Snapper recruitment isadvertising for marshals to patrol town centres and ensure social distancing is maintained across local authorities in England.
- As we move into the winter months with less opportunity to absorb natural vitamin D and with people being affected by lockdowns and isolation the UK Government are giving free supplements to those who need them
- Nicola Forrest, mother-of-three and philanthropist, has been married to mining magnate Andrew Forrest for 30 years but doesn't believe in splurging their wealth.
- The Anshin Oyado hotel in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan, has renovated an entire floor in its hotel to allow guests to work from the confines of its building amid the coronavirus pandemic.
- Frank Lampard takes on former boss Jose Mourinho as Chelsea host Spurs at Stamford Bridge (Picture: Getty)Harry Redknapp has admitted he would have ‘fancied’ Chelsea to beat Tottenham if supporters were allowed inside Stamford Bridge this weekend – but predicts the points will be shared in the much-anticipated London derby.Chelsea sit two points behind second-placed Spurs heading into match but will be confident of securing victory on home soil after six wins on the trot in all
- So(da), what’s the difference? (Picture: Getty)With everyone spending a lot more time at home this year, perhaps you were one of the people inspired to whip up some homemade bread – and why not? Studies have shown it can help with anxiety.
Or perhaps the latest series of Bake Off helped persuade you to dust off the apron and get busy in the kitchen. If you’re more of a newbie to the scene though you might have encountered some initial hurdles, like working out what the di
- Admiral Lord West and Rear Admiral Dr Chris Parry, who both fought in the Falklands War, say the drama is "offensive" in it's depiction of the Queen's attitude towards the war and say it should have a "disclaimer"
- ROad rage has increased by more than a third in the UK compared to 2017 (Picture: Getty Images)UK road rage cases have surged by more than a third over the last two years, police data has shown.There were 3,549 road rage incidents recorded in 2019, 39% more than 2017 and 15% more than the year before. Cases recorded saw victims punched, kicked, stabbed or even bitten due to rows that had broken out on the road.Already this year there have been 2,300 road rage crimes recorded between January and
- The National Trust has hired strategic advisory firm Hanbury Strategy - co-founded by Vote Leave campaign's former communications director Paul Stephenson - for an undisclosed fee.
- Bruno Fernandes is never afraid to put his point of view across (Picture: Getty Images)Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is more than happy for Bruno Fernandes to dish out some home truths to the rest of the squad and insists they have responded well to his rollockings.The Portuguese superstar quickly became a vocal leader in the United team after arriving from Sporting in January and he has not shown any signs of changing his ways.The 26-year-old, who has already donned the captain
- Felix was just 'hours away from death' when a vet operated on him, not only had he been eating rubber but but his internal organs had been pushed into his chest cavity, a sign that he may have been kicked
- Katie Price and Carl Woods have been dating since June (Picture: Rex)Katie Price’s ex-husband Kieran Hayler has shared his opinion on her new romance with Carl Woods and admits that they have an ‘intense’ relationship. My Crazy Life star Katie has enjoyed a whirlwind romance with Carl, best known from Love Island, since June. Since her split from Kieran in 2018 after five years of marriage, Katie has dated several other men but insists Carl is ‘the one’ an
- Prowse has died aged 85 (Picture: John Alex Maguire/REX)David Prowse’s career is being remembered, following his death aged 85.The film star died this week after battling a short illness, with his agent confirming: ‘It’s with great regret and heart-wrenching sadness for us and millions of fans around the world to announce that our client Dave Prowse MBE has passed away at the age of 85.‘May the force be with him, always! Though famous for playing many monsters – for
- SAGE professor Lucy Yardley has warned spending Christmas with elderly parents is 'very risky' - and that people shouldn't stay in shops for too long
The UK could face a third wave of the pandemic if it fails to get the balance of restrictions ‘right’ over Christmas, the Foreign Secretary has warned.
Appearing on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show today, Dominic Raab refused to rule out a third national lockdown in the New Year. When asked about another peak of the virus, he said: ‘There’s a risk of that if we do
Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden has spoken about TV series The Crown, saying that he wants Netflix to warn viewers that the series is a work of fiction.Season four of the acclaimed drama hasn’t been without controversy, with members of the Royal Family attacked by trolls online over the show’s depiction.Now, the secretary of state for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!