- Emmanuel Macron angered Boris Johnson during a tense standoff over the EU 'sausage wars' by suggesting that Northern Ireland was not part of the UK.
- Once you actually made it in to Latitude Festival in Suffolk yesterday, it was: 'Pandemic? What pandemic?' Pictured: Simon Walters.
- The families of NRL stars serving two weeks in hotel quarantine before linking up with the footy players in their respective bubbles have had their balcony rights stripped from them.
- The outfits were showcased in the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony Friday where the summer games kicked off.
- One child and four adults, including two Boston police officers, were taken to the hospital on Friday after a brawl broke out among students on a school bus.
- The figures gathered in surveys by the Office for National Statistics indicate high levels of disappointment after Boris Johnson's caution on 'freedom day' (file photo).
- A 25-year-old woman is under arrest and facing charges for allegedly assaulting four Asian victims. Maricia Bell was taken into custody on Thursday charged with four counts of assault
- Two masks kissing… kinda (Picture: Channel 4/Netflix)The stars of Celebrity Gogglebox were all left in disbelief when they witnessed a couple kiss with their masks on in scenes from Sexy Beasts.The new Netflix dating show has got everyone talking at the moment, as it features hopeful singletons all transformed using make-up and prosthetics for their dates with potential partners, as they are encouraged to look beyond appearance.Naturally, in tonight’s edition of the Channel 4 series
- Greater Manchester Police have said they are ‘extremely concerned’ about Fatuma Kadir’s welfare (Picture: Greater Manchester Police)The parents of a missing 11-year-old girl thought to have travelled from Greater Manchester to London have said they are in a ‘state of shock’ as they urged her to let them know she is safe.Fatuma Kadir, from Bolton, left home without their knowledge on Thursday evening and is believed to have caught several trains to the capital.During
- A Pizza Hut delivery driver took a pizza slice from a box after seeing a note from the customer that he had no money for tip (Pictures: TikTok @ringdoorbell.compilation)A delivery driver took a slice of pizza from the box he was delivering – but only because he was told to do so. The Pizza Hut driver would have much preferred a tip – but the customer could not afford it, or at least that’s what was claimed.
Doorbell camera footage shared by the TikTok [email protected]
Tourism, hospitality and rail bosses despair as they are forced to close due to staff self-isolatingMillions of families are set to embark on holidays in the UK this weekend, but the wave of closures threatens to throw their plans into chaos (pictured: Sennen Cove, Cornwall).
- Katie Price and Carl Woods are exploring the options to have a child together (Pictures: Rex)Katie Price has revealed she is considering having a fifth cesarean section in order to have a child with fiancé Carl Woods. The couple, who have been open about trying to conceive, are looking into options to have a child together, including using a surrogate. Katie, 43, already has five children, but wants to expand her brood with another baby with Carl, 32. During an appearance o
- UK departure lounges were packed as thousands of travellers jetted off abroad Friday, with the likes of Malta, Madeira, Malaga, Lisbon and Faro in Portugal and Greece being the most popular.
- The seagull was found wedged in a car in Kent last month (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS)A seagull has made a remarkable recovery after becoming wedged behind a car grille in Kent.The herring gull, which was spotted in a car park in Ashford, Kent, is thought to have been hit by a Mazda 6 and then trapped by the force of the impact.It has now been released back into the wild after being rescued last month.The RSPCA’s Tina Nash, who was called in to free the unnamed animal, said the driver is unlikely
- On Friday, the restraining order was extended until a full hearing on August 2 that is scheduled to last for two to three day.
- Prince Harry's memoir is to be the first of the four-book deal with Penguin Random House worth up to £29million - with the final work to be saved for after the Queen's death, it has been claimed
- Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham is edging closer to a move to Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Arsenal are ready to meet Tammy Abraham’s wage demands to bring the Chelsea striker to the Emirates this summer, according to reports.The Gunners have emerged as the frontunners to sign Abraham with Blues boss Thomas Tuchel ready to offload the 23-year-old this summer.Abraham has popped up with regular goals for Chelsea – and shown his ability during loan spells at Bristol City, Swansea City and Aston
- Ben and Aaron – the real deal? (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale actor Simon Lennon has dismissed Ben Tucker’s fears that he will always be second best to jailed Robert Sugden in the eyes of Aaron Dingle (Danny Miller), insisting there is a real love between the couple.
Chatting to Metro.co.uk about whether Ben has Robert in the back of his mind, Simon replied: ‘Ben and Aaron are a separate entity to Aaron and Robert. Ben never knew Robert so he only knows of Aaron’s previous relat
- Chelsea could be set to die (Picture: BBC)EastEnders star Zaraah Abrahams has joked that it is always unnerving to be paired with a soap killer when she has her mortgage to pay – but she hopes that Chelsea Fox wil outlive Gray Atkins (Toby Alexander-Smith) in EastEnders.
Asked by Metro.co.uk if she is ever worried when her storyline crosses with a killer, Zaraah replied: ‘There’s definitely a flicker of ‘oh no!’. But the older you get and the more things you work on
- There are now 11 banks and building societies in the UK offering a total of 33 home loans priced below 1 per cent.
- LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian and his ex-wife Brandi Glanville reunited as one big happy, modern family this week as they accompanied the actor and reality star's son at his college orientation.
- Dashcam video from a Texas trooper chasing a human smuggler's vehicle shows nearly a dozen illegal immigrants pouring out of the car.in the border town of Del Rio on Wednesday.
- Amber Hill, the No 1 in the world in her sport of skeet shooting, had been working with a sports psychologist, as well as her regular coaches, in preparation for the Tokyo Olympics.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will likely respond "with legal paperwork" to Thomas Markle's threat to go to court for his "right to see my grandchildren", relationship expert Tina Wilson has claimed
- In a White House press conference Friday, Jen Psaki refused to say how many staffers tested positive despite being vaccinated after a tense exchange with a reporter over 'transparency.'
- The BLS data show that the nation's three largest cities have unemployment rates dramatically higher than the national average of 5.9 percent in June, with Los Angeles and New York at 10.6%.
- Chris Leeds had been talking to a supposed woman from Africa who said she wanted a relationship but then started asking for money from him. She was due to land in the UK two days before his death
- Just about everything that could go wrong had gone wrong in the run-up to last night's benighted Tokyo Olympic opening ceremony.
- Washington D.C. police chief Robert Contee spoke on rising crime in the city saying 'You cannot coddle violent criminals.' His comments come after a shooting in a popular dining area Thursday.
- A lionhearted Yorkshire terrier fought off a coyote to protect her 10-year-old owner Lucy Kwan in attack while they were walking in their Toronto, Canada neighborhood on Tuesday.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!