Booster vaccine drive begins next month: ALL over-50s will get third dose 'alongside annual flu jab'Third doses of the Covid vaccine will be offered to 32million Brits from next month in a bid to give more protection against the Indian variant.
- The Florida Governor declared Australia isn't a free country with its two biggest cities Sydney and Melbourne holed up in lockdown with daily infections in their hundreds.
- NSW has recorded 863 new cases of Covid-19 and a state pandemic-record 15 deaths overnight.
Jail escapee Darko Desic begs for mercy after handing himself in after 30 years on the run in SydneyDarko Desic, 64, was serving three years and eight months when he escaped from Grafton Prison with the aid of a hacksaw blade in 1992. After three decades on the run he handed himself in.
- Footy stars Cameron Munster and Brandon Smith are tipped to be heavily fined and suspended for the start of the 2022 season - but will likely escape further sanctions from the NRL.
- As of Friday, 93 percent of the country's 1.4 million active-duty service members had at least one shot, meaning about 97,000 were still unvaccinated, the Pentagon said on Friday .
- In New South Wales, 35 fully-vaccinated people have died after contracting the virus - including three deaths recorded on Tuesday.
- The official Korean Central News Agency said the missile was an important addition to the country's 'strategic' weaponry, implying that the system is being developed to deliver nuclear weapons.
- Officer Pedro Garcia of the San Jose Police Department was recorded saving an unconsciousman from a burning car on Highway 101 on Sunday
- Ian Tomlinson and his family had booked six months in advance to spend their summer holiday at the Retallack Resort near Newquay, Cornwall
- Organisers at Dulwich Sports Club, in south east London, have shaken things up this year by replacing the bonfire with a virtual screening instead.
- Amy Falconer, who had four miscarriages before giving birth with her fiancé Fraser Rutherford, first fell pregnant in December 2018 and is haunted by the deaths
- Around 500 men are said to be at a hostel in Southwark, South London, despite a local council calling the facility unsafe to house rough sleepers
- Angus Deayton was fired by the BBC in 2002 after reports emerged in the News of The World that he had allegedly hired a prostitute and had sex with her and later used cocaine with the woman.
- The figure has slumped from 50 per cent just two weeks ago and is 19 points below the 63 per cent peak recorded in May, according to an Essential poll released on Tuesday.
- 'They're asking how on earth they'll shut down the M25 if they can't fill up, sir?'
- Two new Covid-19 cases in the Byron Bay area and Kyogle region could see lockdown measures reintroduced, after Kemsepy, Tweed and Byron were freed from lockdown overnight.
- Well-preened humans held up their dainty teacup puppies for the camera as they demonstrated their dogs' finest angles at the Federation Tower of the Moscow International Business Centre.
- Just 12 of the 47 EU small vessels that applied have been granted permission for post-Brexit fishing rights in UK waters, it emerged, which provoked threats of reprisals from the French government
- Researchers studied more than 270,000 people in the US who were recovering from coronavirus. Long Covid symptoms were diagnosed in 37% of patients three to six months following infection.
- Queensland has recorded one new Covid-19 case as more restrictions are brought in and fears of a lockdown linger.
- Graham Wise, 42, sprayed Carol Lindsay with ammonia at the store in Clackmannanshire last year. Her colleague Halil Aksu also suffered blurred vision during the attack and had to be treated by paramedics at the scene
- via metro.co.ukCould it end up as number one? (pic: Sony)The Wednesday Inbox has some suggestions for the game after Metroid Dread, as one reader enjoys Kena: Bridge Of Spirits.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
Number one Station
Amazing to think how well the PlayStation 5 has done given it’s impossible to actually buy one on the spur of the moment. I guess everyone buying up every console the second it’s put on sale helps ensure it does well but even I was surp
- Labour's Rosie Duffield made a surprise appearance at the party conference after reports suggested she would avoid it over safety concerns.
Great British Bake Off 2021: Viewers gutted for Amanda as rocking horse showstopper collapses last minutevia metro.co.ukAmanda’s showstopper was met with a crumbling end (Picture: Mark Bourdillon/Love Productions / Channel 4)Great British Bake Off fans were distressed to see Amanda’s showstopper cake collapse moments before judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith took a bite.The 56-year-old Met Police detective managed to keep her cake upright while it was tested by Paul and Prue.However, once she returned to her baking bench, Amanda’s showstopper rocking horse dramatically fell to the floor.For th
- Andy Burnham said he wanted to see council tax scrapped and replaced with 'proportional tax', which would see homeowners paying an annual levy worth 0.5% of the value of their home.
Hollyoaks' Jennifer Metcalfe slammed for plugging gadget on Instagram without admitting she was paidThe soap star, 38, posted an image of herself holding a HairCybele styling device with the caption: 'Me again! Use code JEN70 for 70% off! @HAIRCYBELE Swipe up to view website.'
- Joe Biden indefinitely postponed his Wednesday trip to Chicago to highlight the importance of COVID vaccines and will instead remain in D.C. to lead negotiations on the budget reconciliation package.
- Victoria has recorded 950 new Covid-19 cases and seven deaths as experts warn the state could see up to 3,000 infections a day in a matter of weeks.
- Fiona Prior, 58, blocked one of the busiest roads into Carlisle as part of an Extinction Rebellion stunt. But in a sign the courts are reluctant to tackle direct action groups, a judge found her not guilty.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!