- Wartime spy Christine Granville described as Winston Churchill's favourite has finally been remembered with a blue plaque. Born Krystyna Skarbek she joined British intelligence in 1939.
- For a while now, I've been suggesting that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are behaving like a royal version of the Kardashians - a pair of ludicrously hypocritical narcissists at war with their families
- Professor of Modern History Selina Todd has been chosen to lead the Oxford Martin Programme on Women's Equality and Inequality.
- The US President denies the tax allegations (Picture: Bloomberg via Getty Images)In a scathing report on Sunday, it was alleged that US President Donald Trump paid only $750 (£580) in federal taxes in 2017.It was also claimed that Trump has paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years.The bombshell allegations come just days before the first round of Presidential debates between Trump and Democratic candidate Joe Biden.Here’s what we know about Trump’s t
- Nancy Pelosi sent an email to House Democrats Sunday imploring her colleagues to focus on flipping seats blue as she warns the lower chamber may be tapped to decide the results of the election.
A guest on This Morning expressed his anger towards This Morning bosses after the show labeled him a ‘toyboy’ for dating a woman 45 years older than him.During Monday’s show, Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield spoke with 81-year-old pensioner Iris Jones and her partner Mohamed Irbriham, 36, via video link.Iris first appeared on the show in January where she left Hol
- Crispin Odey, 61, allegedly 'engineered' a situation whereby he could invite a junior employee from a major investment bank back to his Chelsea home on July 13, 1998.
- Can Uber keep operating in London (Picture: Getty)Following a four-day hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court earlier this month, Uber found out whether they could continue operating in London today. There was a strong possibility that the popular vehicle hire and taxi ordering app would be prohibited from operating in the capital, one of its largest markets, following TfL’s (Transport for London) rejection of their licence back in November 2019.The company has been allowed
- At least 300 house parties were raided by police in Scotland (Picture: Shutterstock / Tana888)At least 300 house parties had to be broken up by police in Scotland over the weekend.
Fourteen people were arrested and at least 101 Fixed Penalty Notices were issued between Friday and Sunday morning.Entry to households was forced on three occasions across Scotland.This is a breaking news story – more to follow
- Coronavirus-hit Victoria has marked a major victory in its pandemic battle, having less new cases than another Australian jurisdiction for the first time in months.
- Schoolboy Xanda Chesworth, 14, saw two men standing ahead of him as he walked along a narrow road on his way home from Tudor Grange Academy on Friday, September 25.
- The Melbourne Demons player was ordered to leave Queensland after leaving the club bubble to visit an 'unapproved premises' in Maroochydore on September 19.
- Thiago Silva may face an early language barrier at Chelsea, admits Frank Lampard (Getty Images)Frank Lampard admits the language barrier with Thiago Silva could be an early issue to resolve at Chelsea.The 36-year-old joined on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain in the summer with Frank Lampard keen to add experience to his defence.However, the Brazilian made a mistake during his debut on Saturday as he was at fault for West Brom’s second goal in the 3-3 draw at The Hawthorns.Lampard
- Camelot confirmed it has received claims on the two Lotto prizes from the draw on August 8 with the wins from tickets bought in the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham
A zoo keeper has been left with serious injuries after being mauled by a 31 stone gorilla inside an enclosure. The woman, 46, was attacked by the animal at the Madrid Zoo on Sunday. She suffered two broken arms and chest and head injuries.She had been carrying out routine cleaning and morning feeding tasks when she was attacked by Malabo, a 29-year-old male gorilla, in an interior e
- Kirsty Gallacher tells all about switching Sky Sports for her new podcast (Picture: Rex)Sports presenter Kirsty Gallacher has opened up on her new podcast, doing Strictly Come Dancing too early and dating.
The 44-year-old former Sky Sports presenter fronts new podcast, Stripped Back To Sport, and has said she gained some valuable insight from her brother-in-law Russell Brand.Here she tackles the big subjects, including interviewing sportspeople, dodging questions on her personal life and why she
- A lucky driver managed to escape from a crash unharmed after his top heavy trailer, which had a Hummer strapped to it, caused his truck to topple over and crash in Irving, Texas, on September 17.
- Alexandra Florentina Dobre, 27, was jailed for two years (Picture: SWNS)A former flight attendant who turned to drug dealing hid a stash of cocaine inside bags of sweets next to her bed.Alexandra Florentina Dobre, 27, started selling drugs after being sacked during the lockdown in spring.A court heard she had worked for several different airlines at Luton Airport before being let go and losing her accommodation which left her at a ‘loose end.’Dobre pleaded guilty to possession of Cla
- Louis De Zoysa, 23, is suspected of fatally wounding Sergeant Matiu Ratana, 54, after smuggling a revolver into a custody area in Croydon, South London, last Friday.
- A boy, 14, says he was approached by two men saying 'come with us' as he walked home from school in Worcester, five days after a girl claims she fled four men who tried to snatch her off the street
Ukrainian air crash victim's daughter, seven, had a 'premonition' minutes before he died in fireballOleksiy Ostapenko, 28, was second in command of the ill-fated An-28 aircraft. His daughter Liza had messaged him just 10 minutes before the crash which killed all but one of the 27 on board.
- Public Health England data reveals that schools saw the most respiratory disease outbreaks - including Covid-19 - at 44 per cent. Pubs are forced to close at 10pm under coronavirus restrictions.
- Homeowners in Brighton have been left furious after they have been left unable to sell their properties because of long socially-distanced queues of shoppers backing onto their street.
- Jones, 59, died from a massive heart attack he suffered at a hotel in Mumbai, India on Thursday - where he was based as a cricket commentator for broadcaster Star Sports.
- On Wednesday the weather front is due to start sweeping across the UK, bringing with its 70mph winds, heavy rains and the start of a severe dip in average temperatures
- talkRADIO presenter Jamie East has quit as its ‘ideals are not a great fit’ (Picture: Instagram)Jamie East has announced he has quit talkRADIO as the station’s ‘ideals’ were not ‘a great fit’.The presenter shared on Twitter that he had decided to leave on Sunday, adding that his time there had been ‘mostly a laugh’.He will now be focusing on his new project, daily news podcast The Smart 7.He tweeted:‘Some personal news: I have decided t
- Images of crowds gathered in city centres, packed buses and trains, and queues outside off-licences have sparked fears that new pub closing times are undermining efforts to stop the spread of the virus
- That's right, there's now a special law to stop vindictive people who abuse the rules to force people into isolation. You can be fined up to £10,000 for lying to Test and Trace
- Rebel Wilson and Jacob Busch are very, very cute together (Picture: Instagram/Getty)They only went public with their romance last week, but Rebel Wilson and Jacob Busch are already the purest couple going on social media.
The Bridesmaids actress, 40, and her millionaire businessman, 29, looked all kinds of cute as they kissed and snuggled while on a yacht in Monaco.
Rebel shared a sweet snap of them smooching while wrapped up in blankets during their boat trip.
The couple – who have report
- BLACKPINK say Lovesick Girls is the ‘main track’ from their album (Picture: Getty Images)BLACKPINK just won’t stop blessing fans with new music and have announced their new single, Lovesick Girls. The K-pop hitmakers are preparing to finally release their debut album, titled The Album, on October 2 and BLINKs have even more news to feed their excitement. Lovesick Girls will serve as BLACKPINK’s ‘main track’ from the album and follows hot on the heels
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!