- via theguardian.comWildfires and climate crisis cited as possible causes for the deaths of thousands of migrating species heading south for the winterThousands of migrating birds have inexplicably died in south-western US in what ornithologists have described as a national tragedy that is likely to be related to the climate crisis.Flycatchers, swallows and warblers are among the species “falling out of the sky” as part of a mass die-off across New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, Arizona and farther north into
- Daniel Lee, 36, ditched his job at the Brisbane shopping centre to become a real estate king pin.
- Brian Kolfage, 38, has denied using funds from the multimillion-dollar GoFundMe account set up in support of President Trump's wall initiative to spend on his and wife Ashley's lifestyle.
- A La Niña occurs when stronger equatorial winds, blowing east to west, cool the Pacific Ocean in the tropical north of Australia.
- Mary Irvine failed to report her job as a personal aged care worker in Victoria to the government agency on two occasions over a five year period.
- Coleen Rooney seen for the first time since Rebekah Vardy’s Dancing On Ice news (Picture: Backgrid)Coleen Rooney has been seen for the first time since Rebekah Vardy announced she would be taking part in Dancing On Ice.Jamie Vardy’s wife confirmed her stint this morning, during an appearance on Good Morning Britain.And Coleen – who previously accused the mum-of-five of leaking stories about her – looked preoccupied as she headed out for a coffee break in Cheshire, followi
- The BBC is renewing its commitment to impartiality (Picture: Peter Macdiarmid/Getty Images)BBC’s new Director-General has said that stars will be stripped of their Twitter accounts if they breach impartiality guidelines.In his introductory speech earlier this month, Tim Davie doubled down on the BBC’s ‘commitment to impartiality’, saying that new social media rules would be ‘rigorously enforced’.Now, Davie has said that new guidelines set to be published will
A sex doll shop owner has revealed they saw a massive surge in sales over lockdown.
When appearing on today’s instalment of This Morning, alongside the male doll Jesse, Jade Stanley spoke about her business and how it has soared throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
Hosts Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield asked if there’s a certain client she tailors for, to which th
Space watchers have captured a remarkable sight on camera: a meteoroid glancing off the atmosphere and shooting back out to space.These so-called ‘Earthgrazes’ are incredibly rare and stop the meteoroid becoming a meteorite as it never makes it down to the ground.In this case, the Earthgrazer was filmed by the Global Meteor Network (GMN) as it took place in the skies above no
- Friday’s episode is the latest in a spree of seven incidents (Picture: Google Maps/Mail Online)A 14-year-old boy fears he is the latest victim of a possible kidnap gang targeting women and teenagers in Worcester.Xanda Chesworth managed to escape after being approached by two men as he walked home from school on Friday afternoon.Detectives say they are looking into seven incidents in the city’s Arboretum area since early September 10, including the one involving Xanda’s on Frida
- Just days before Christmas, Kimberley Amato was awoken by her husband's screams from her daughter's bedroom where their three-year-old was lying motionless under a fallen dresser
- The three-bedroom £250,000 home in Malton, North Yorkshire, comes with a plot in the graveyard as an "unusual" optional extra "should the owner wish to have this included"
- Wales recorded 280 new coronavirus cases on Monday (Picture: Matthew Horwood/Getty Images)There are currently 12 areas in Wales under local lockdown restrictions, including the capital city of Cardiff.The measures have been put in place in order to help curb the rising coronavirus cases across the UK, with 286 new cases being recorded in Wales alone yesterday.The total number of coronavirus cases in Wales now stands at 23,231, according to Public Health Wales.But where is there a local lockdown
- The NHS Covid-19 app will inform you if you need to self-isolate (Picture: Leon Neal/Getty Images)Anyone who experiences symptoms of Covid-19 is being urged to get a test and self-isolate for 14 days, but what should you do if you’ve been exposed to someone who has the virus?Government guidance says that if you’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive you’ll be informed by the NHS Test and Trace service either via a text, email or phone call.If that happens, what
- The migrants arrived by dinghy in the early hours of this morning after crossing the Channel in the dark last night and arriving in Dover.
- Director General Tim Davie said shifting to a civil system where bailiffs can collect debts was 'not good' - with higher fines and tougher enforcement
- Rhea James said she was punched in the face by thugs who spotted the £20,000 vehicle and told her 'We're going to smash it up' outside a takeaway in Altrincham, Greater Manchester.
- The figures, released by the Office for National Statistics were for registered deaths involving Covid-19 in the week ending September 18 - and six of nine English regions saw a rise in death toll
- Phoebe Atkinson, 22, said she had a "few moments of madness" following a night out with friends in a restaurant which ended with her making a 10mile journey home in at 4am in her Audi A1
- Frank Lebouef was critical of Arsenal summer signing Willian’s performance against Liverpool (Picture: ESPN)Former Chelsea star Frank Lebouef believes Arsenal were architects of their own downfall against Liverpool on Monday as Mikel Arteta’s side surrendered their 100% start to the new season.The Gunners fortuitously took the lead at Anfield through Alexandre Lacazette, but the Premier League champions turned the match on its head before half-time courtesy of goals from Sadio Mane a
- According to Abigail Blake there are only two things that happen if you stay in an abusive relationship: ‘You end up in hospital or in the morgue.’Abigail should know. Three years ago her then-partner assaulted her so violently in an alcohol-fuelled rage that she was left with a damaged spinal cord, a punctured lung and five broken ribs.‘After he took away my phone so I couldn’t call for help,’ she recalls. ‘I only survived because I ended up running into the
- Ming Lockhart-Stephens, of Avonwick in Devon, is accused of indecently touching the underage schoolboy between February 2010 and February 2013 which the 56-year-old denies.
‘I’m screaming’ – Tony Adams slams Mikel Arteta for dropping Gabriel in Arsenal’s defeat to LiverpoolThe Gunners legend felt the Brazilian should have kept his place (Pictures: Astro SuperSport / Getty)Tony Adams has slammed Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta’s decision to drop Gabriel and replace him with David Luiz against Liverpool, while he has called for the back three to be scrapped.The Gunners were beaten 3-1 by the Premier League champions at Anfield on Monday night, with Arteta restoring both Luiz and Kieran Tierney to the back-line and relegating Gabriel to the bench.But the older Brazil
- This generation’s already off to a rough start (pic: Metro)Retailers have begun warning customers that they may not get their PS5 or Xbox Series X pre-orders on time – and some have to wait till 2021.Pre-orders for the next generation of consoles hasn’t exactly been a smooth process, with both the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 selling out almost immediately.And now some customers who were fortunate enough to land a pre-order are being informed that they might not even get the
- A McDonald's employee has been sharing a behind the scenes look at what goes on in the kitchen of one of the fast food chain's restaurants on TikTok
- Houssem Aouar prefers to join a Champions League club ahead of Arsenal (AFP via Getty Images)Houssem Aouar’s preference is to join Manchester City or Juventus ahead of Arsenal, according to reports in France.The Lyon midfielder has been one of Mikel Arteta’s top targets for the transfer window but the French club have already turned down multiple offers from the Gunners.Arsenal offered Matteo Guendouzi to Lyon in a swap deal involving Aouar earlier this summer but that approach was r
- A rotting Grade II-listed country home in the small hamlet of Blackborough, Devon, has gone on the market for £400,000 but the new owner will have to spend a lot more than that to restore it.
- James could leave United (Picture: AMA/Getty)Manchester United are reportedly willing to let Dan James leave on loan, if they secure the transfer of Jadon Sancho.
James is wanted by Leeds United, who have been in regular contact with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side about a potential loan deal.
The 22-year-old started United’s 3-1 Premier League defeat at the hands of Crystal Palace but was left out of the squad for the 3-2 win over Brighton and he would be expected to earn more first-tea
- The app sends warnings of new infections to local authorities, allowing them to rapidly spot outbreaks and move to curb the spread of the virus. It has been downloaded by 12.4million Britons.
- Peace lilies do well in light shade (Picture: Getty Images)It is decidedly autumn now. There’s no getting around. The days are getting colder and the nights are drawing in.And, with the waning amount of daylight, our houseplants are starting to suffer.As we head into the bleaker, darker seasons, it’s probably a good idea to invest in some houseplants that can survive without loads of daylight. Because we don’t want our homes to turn into leafy graveyards over winter.But with li
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!