- Ben Fordham has firedback at Amanda Keller for suggesting he 'whipped up' anti-lockdown riots in Sydney by criticising the Covid restrictions in Australia's biggest city.
- Some of the treats Ikraa has on offer (Picture: Mercury Press)Ikraa Riaz has loved baking since she was 10 years old.But when she went on to get a degree in biology at university, it looked like her life might go in another direction. However, Ikraa decided to stick with her passion and has now set up a drive-in dessert shop in Manchester – and business is booming.The young entrepreneur may have only launched her venture last week but she’s already been inundated with customers.
- Nicolas Pepe has named Aaron Wan-Bissaka as his toughest opponent in the Premier League (Getty)Arsenal winger Nicolas Pepe has named Manchester United full-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka as the toughest opponent he has played against in the Premier League so far.Following a strong finish to last season, the Ivory Coast international has struggled for consistency so far this term.Meanwhile, Wan-Bissaka has been a stalwart for United under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after joining the club from Crystal Palace in
- Today's figures included two days of data for Scotland, which did not report any cases yesterday because of a 'technical issue'. But cases continued to trend downwards despite the lag
- Astacia Stevens, 33,shared her shocking experiences to a Western Australian parliamentary inquiry examiningsexual harassment in FIFO workers in the mining industry.
‘If we are brutally honest’ – Jamie Carragher names the ‘only’ reason Man Utd signed Cristiano RonaldoRonaldo completed a dramatic return to Old Trafford last month (Picture: Getty Images)Manchester United only swooped in to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo once they caught wind of their rivals Manchester City’s attempts to recruit the striker, according to Jamie Carragher.The 36-year-old made a dramatic move back to United last month on a two-year deal, 12 years after leaving Old Trafford for Real Madrid.Ronaldo couldn’t have asked for a better second debut as he fired a brace past Karl Da
- Lord Mandelson, one of the architects of New Labour, urged Sir Keir to do more to 'project his personality' in a bid to win round more voters in the next general election.
- The father of a 7-year-old Michigan girl whose hair was cut by a teacher without her parents' knowledge, has filed a $1 million lawsuit against the Mount Pleasant Public Schools school district.
Martin Odegaard responds to Mesut Ozil comparisons and tells Arsenal fans ‘results will come’ after difficult startMartin Odegaard has responded to comparisons with former Arsenal star Mesut Ozil (Pictures: Getty/YouTube)Martin Odegaard has responded to comparisons with former Arsenal star Mesut Ozil and attempted to reassure Gunners fans by insisting ‘results will come’ following the club’s difficult start to the season.The Norway international completed a permanent move to the Emirates from Real Madrid earlier in the summer, having spent the second-half of last season on loan in north Lon
- Kemi Badenoch was promoted to Minister of State yesterday (Picture: Rex)Equalities minister Kemi Badenoch has been criticised for leaked comments she made about LGBT rights in 2018.In an audio recording from her parliamentary office heard by Vice, she said: ‘It’s no longer about minority rights in terms of race any more or nationality.‘It’s now, you know like, it’s not even about sexuality now, it’s now like the whole transgender movement, where, OK well we&rs
Drake Bell has spoken about his making ‘mistakes’ two months after being sentenced to two years probation for attempted endangering children.
The former Nickelodeon star avoided jail after pleading guilty on June 23 to attempted endangering children, a fourth-degree felony, and a misdemeanor charge of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles.
The Drake & Josh star, 35, w
- Dallon Weekes of iDKHow is back on the road…safely (Picture: Getty)Dallon Weekes has opened up about his fears for fans’ safety during concerts as live music makes its return in the pandemic.Dallon and band mate Ryan Seaman are the Utah-based iDKHow – or to call them by their full title, I Don’t Know How But They Found Me – and played a handful of shows in the UK once restrictions lifted, including the Reading and Leeds Festival.The singer might be best known for h
- Instagram has been accused of censorship for blocking the hashtag (Picture: REX/PA)Instagram is under fire for stopping its users from using the #naturalimmunity hashtag on its platform.
The social media giant has been accused of ‘making it up as they go along’ in an attempt to prevent the spread of misinformation on the Covid-19 pandemic.
While it appears to be fighting misleading comments from anti-vaxxers, some fear it may just be encouraging them.
Managing director of social medi
- President Joe Bidensigned an executive order authorizing new sanctions on Ethiopian and Eritrean government officials engaged in conflict in the Tigray region in an attempt to encourage a ceasefire.
- The schoolgirl, named Dasha, went public with her pregnancy to 'hit back at web trolls' and told Russian channel NTV she initially pretended to her then boyfriend that she was 16.
- Miami joined Dubai in deploying medical detection dogs at its airports this week (Picture: Getty)The first ever full-time deployments of Covid-detecting dogs at an airport has begun in Dubai.The United Arab Emirates now has 38 medical detection dogs, which can identify infected people with 98.2 per cent accuracy, working at its airports.A team including German Shepherds, Labradors, Cocker Spaniels and Border Collies are able to carry out 30-40 tests a day each, said First Lieutenant Nasser al-Fa
- Ole Gunnar Solksjaer blocked any transfer for Jesse Lingard this summer (Picture: Getty)West Ham boss David Moyes has revealed that Manchester United blocked any potential permanent transfer for Jesse Lingard in the summer because Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wanted him in his first team squad this season.
Lingard had a stellar second half of last season on loan at the Hammers, helping them to a place in the Europa League and getting himself back into the England squad.The 28-year-old was reportedly Wes
EastEnders fans are desperate to find out whether murderous Gray Atkins will get his comeuppance and now star Toby Alexander Smith has dropped a huge hint over his fate.
In recent months in the Square, Gray has somehow managed to keep under wraps the fact he is very dangerous indeed, having killed both his wife Chantelle Atkins (Jessica Plummer) and Tina Carter (Luisa Bradshaw White).Gra
AL mom jailed after boarding school bus and fighting 11-year-old she suspected of bullying her childNannatt Waldrop, 37, is accused of boarding a yellow bus in the town of Center Point at 7:18 a.m. Tuesday morning and getting in a fight with the 11-year-old she believed was picking on her child.
- via mirror.co.ukThe latest figures comes ahead of an announcement on international travel, as the Government prepares to slash coronavirus protocols
- via mirror.co.ukDelivery driver Lesley Grocock was seen by Vineet Nehra, optical director, who carried out a full eye examination and discovered she was suffering from a retinal tear in her right eye
- 20 years since vanishing from British high streets, the government is looking at the return of Imperial measures (Picture: Getty)Downing Street has confirmed a review which could see imperial weights and measures reintroduced in British shops will go ahead.The government is looking at reversing the UK’s decision to join the European Union’s decades-long process of switching over to the uniform metric system.Britain signed up to the policy in 1973 but it didn’t come into full ef
- The DVLA intends to bring in digital licenses by 2024 (Picture: Getty)Plastic driving licences could be phased out in coming years as part of a trial to make the system digital.The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) is aiming to develop an app featuring provisional licences, required by those learning to drive, by 2024.It is understood that the technology could later be expanded to cover full licences.A Department for Transport (DfT) source said the move was not possible beforeBrexit bec
Tommy Fury truly let his hair down on a rare night out in Liverpool, without girlfriend Molly-Mae Hague.The Love Island star, 22, left onlookers shocked as he popped up at a student night, joined by pals in the VIP section.At one point, the boxer whipped his top off and stood simply in blue jeans and Calvin Klein boxers in front of the audience.He then began beating his chest as delighte
- Piers was left riled up by Alex after they disagreed on air (Picture: ITV/Getty)Piers Morgan famously walked off the set of Good Morning Britain in March after a row over Meghan Markle but he’s now explained he did this after narrowly avoiding a further altercation with co-star Alex Beresford.The TV host, 56, quit his role on the ITV breakfast show earlier this year after 41,000 viewers complained to Ofcom over his comments on the Duchess of Sussex after her interview with Oprah Winfrey.Bu
Lost film to get proper premiere 80 years after it was originally thought to have been destroyed by NazisEuropa, made in 1931, has been restored after it was thought to be destroyed by the Nazis (Picture: Themerson Estate)
Provider: Themerson Estate
Copyright: Themerson EstateA film thought to have been destroyed by the Nazis has been restored and will get an official premiere 80 years on.Stefan and Franciszka Themersons’ 1931 film Europa, described by the BFI as an ‘anti-fascist masterpiece’, has been discovered after it was apparently seized in Paris during the Second World War.
- Bob Woodward's new book Peril claims former US Attorney General Bill Barr warned Trump that independent voters thought he was a 'f**king a*****e' and that he needed to 'dial it back.'
- The pactincludes 11 members including Australia, New Zealand and Japan, which will all have to unanimously agree before China can join.
- The giant penguin, pictured here as what it may have looked like, would have been 4.7ft tall when it was alive 34 million years ago (Picture: Simone Giovanardi)A 34-million-year-old fossil discovered by schoolchildren on a beach in New Zealand has been confirmed as a new species of penguin.Kids on a summer fossil-hunting trip with the Hamilton Junior Naturalist Club in Kawhia Harbour, Waikato discovered the remains in 2006.And scientists from Massey University in New Zealand have now finally rev
- Vulnerable people are at high risk of catching Covid-19, but some carers who look after them are not sure about taking the Covid-19 vaccine (Picture: Getty)Care workers who have not had their first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine risk losing their jobs.
The government has said that all care workers should be double-jabbed by November 11, or they risk being banned from care homes in England.
According to official figures, 90.4% of care home workers have had their first dose and 82.2% of care home st
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!