- Ben Hunte’s Twitter header was shared by Fox (Picture: Instagram)BBC journalist Ben Hunte received ‘racist and homophobic abuse’ after Laurence Fox shared a screenshot of him on his Twitter account.Fox appeared to send the tweet on November 23, writing: ‘So glad I’m not paying for this anymore. @bbc @DefundBBC #DefundTheBBC.’The Lewis actor, who has been vocal in his criticism of the BBC, attached a screenshot of Hunte’s Twitter bio, which features a ban
- Jasmina while selling sex (Picture: Jasmina/Getty Images)A charity in Sweden that helps women leave the sex industry and trafficking has set up a call girl service – except there’s a twist.*Content warning: This article contains discussions of rape that some may find triggering*Unsuspecting men dial the hotline set up by Talita, only to be met with stories from real women recounting how they were trafficked and have been abused on the job.Josephine Appelqvist, co-founder of Talita, s
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi has come under fire for endorsing an ‘anti-Covid potion’ (Picture: Xinhua/REX)A health minister in Sri Lanka who drank a ‘sorcerer’s anti-Covid potion’ has tested positive for the virus.Pavithra Wanniarachchi has faced criticism for consuming and endorsing the herbal syrup, which is said to contain nothing more than honey and nutmeg.Doctors say there is no scientific basis for the syrup as a cure for coronavir
- Cardi B stunned on a shopping trip with Offset (Picture: Backgrid)Cardi B’s never shy of making a statement with her clothes but the outfit she wore to go shopping with husband Offset in Beverly Hills is something only she could pull off. The WAP rapper, 28, left little to the imagination as she stepped out in a dress that was entirely sheer at the front and back, with white material at the sides and shoulders. Cardi revealed her killer curves as well as her famous thigh tattoo,
- Feras Kettule, 35, the brother of executed underworld figure Amar Kettule, was arrested during a vehicle stop in Sydney's outer west suburb of Edensor Park in December.
- Christina Ricci’s husband was denied a restraining order against her (Picture: Getty)Christina Ricci’s estranged husband, James Heerdegen, has been denied a restraining order against her by a judge. Heerdegen had sought the restraining order, accusing Ricci of excessive drinking and domestic violence, after she was granted a restraining order against him, according to court documents obtained by Page Six. As well as Heerdegen’s request for the temporary restraining or
- Forecasters have warned further wet weather could ‘compound’ the impact of Storm Christoph (Picture: PA/MET)The UK is bracing for freezing temperatures this weekend, while flooding could continue into next week in the wake of Storm Christoph.The Environment Agency has warned of ‘exceptionally high river levels’ following the storm which saw thousands evacuated, an emergency Cobra meeting called and a race to save precious Covid vaccines.Floods could impact people living a
- Dramatic photographs show bright orange flames and thick plumes of smoke pouring from the roof of the building in the Clayton area of Bradford
- She thought the buttons were starting to wear offAn Australian mum who thought her microwave was on its last legs has shared her ’embarrassing’ mistake.Having bought the microwave five years ago, the woman thought the buttons on the machine were simply starting to wear away.That was until she realised she’d never taken the protective plastic off.‘For years, I thought the buttons were wearing. Turns out I never took the plastic off,’ she said in a post on Facebook.&l
- Gwent Police received a call about a house party involving three households in Rhymney, Caerphilly, on Saturday 16 January. A woman is seen answering the door to police.
- James Fleet underwent emergency surgery on his appendix (Picture: WireImage)James Fleet was rushed to hospital to undergo an emergency removal of his appendix.The Vicar of Dibley actor – who played Hugo Horton in the comedy – revealed the news on Twitter, explaining that he was recovering after the operation.‘In John Radcliffe hospital after last night’s emergency removal of my appendix,’ the 68-year-old began. ‘Recovering in a ward of other old blokes I
- A cleaner who had worked in the same building of flats for 20 years was handed a huge surprise by the residents who live there after she was put out of work during the coronavirus pandemic
- Bruno Fernandes has dismissed criticism over Liverpool’s recent form (EPA)Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes disagrees with recent criticism over Liverpool’s performances and believes Jurgen Klopp’s side are not ‘playing poorly’.Liverpool have not registered a win in their last five Premier League matches and their 68-game unbeaten run at Anfield was ended this week following a 1-0 defeat to Burnley.The result has left Premier League champions six points b
- WhistlinDiesel had a lucky escape (Picture: Instagram)YouTuber WhistlinDiesel has had a lucky escape after being accidentally shot in the head by a ricocheting bullet.The 22-year-old was testing out a long arm rifle to see if bullets would pierce steel plates on the ground. However, one of his shots hit a plate at the wrong angle, causing a .50 calibre bullet to ricochet up and graze his forehead.On his Instagram page, WhistlinDiesel – real name Cody Detwiler – shared a picture
- Guests fled as police raided the illegal wedding at Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls' School in Stamford Hill, north London, where the windows had been covered to stop people seeing in
- People from other areas head to Shakespeare Street in Sparkill, Birmingham, to add to the pile of putrid rubbish while enforcement signs are ripped down.
- The Met Office issued severe weather warnings for snow and ice in England, Scotland and Wales as temperatures plunge and many towns are still reeling following devastating floods from Storm Chrstoph
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Allegra Stratton is said to be isolating over Covid-19 fears (Picture: AFP/Getty Images)lThe Prime Minister’s press secretary has been forced to self-isolate under coronavirus rules, it is understood.
Allegra Stratton, appointed Downing Street spokesperson in November amid speculation of a power struggle inside No 10, will not be at work all of next week.
It is not known whether she tested positive for the virus or only came into contact with someonewho had it.It comes after the Health Sec
Rob Bryden and Lee Mack could not contain their laughter after a Would I Lie To You? magic trick went a tad wrong.During last night’s instalment, auctioneer Raj Bisram, was demonstrating a magic trick he used to perform on his friend Shaun 30 years ago.Raj, who is known for being an expert on Sarah Beeney’s Four Rooms, began by explaining that he used to whip Shaun’s sh
- Go wherever your truck takes you (Picture: Brette Haus)This tiny home looks like something from an idyllic film about living simply off the land.However, it’s actually a portable house, which can be folded up and unfolded and transported on a truck to the next destination.They’re folded into a cube shape, put onto your moving truck, then are unfolded in as little as a few hours wherever you decide.Designed by Latvian firm Brette Haus, these houses cost between £16,000 and &poun
- The students travelled to a remote part of France as part of a ski instructors course (Picture: Google)A group of ‘gap-year students’ who fled the UK lockdown to go skiing have been forced into self-isolation after 16 tested positive for Covid, according to reports.The 26 British skiers were in the tiny French village of Vallorcine, in the Chamonix Valley, when one of the group felt ill and took a test, MailOnline reported.After that test came back positive, the rest of the group wer
Blood-soaked naked man spotted 'wrapped in intestines carrying his father's severed head' in UkraineThe witnesses claim they saw Dmitry Ponomarenko, 30, leave his flat covered in blood and carrying the head of his 53-year-old father Igor Ponomarenko in Odessa, southern Ukraine.
- People had no way of socially distancing as they queued up at Terminal 2 (Picture: Twitter)Scenes of huge crowds at Heathrow Airport yesterday have been called ‘incredibly worrying’, as travellers queued for hours with no way of socially distancing.Hundreds of passengers queues up as they had their documentation checked, on the day Boris Johnson refused to rule out tougher travel rules for new arrivals.On Monday ministers are set to discuss their options, including the whether to for
- Solskjaer and Klopp go head-to-head again (Picture: Getty Images)Michael Owen has delivered his predictions for a number of crunch FA Cup fourth-round clashes including Manchester United’s second meeting in a week with bitter rivals Liverpool.The two sides played out a 0-0 draw at Anfield last Sunday and will do battle again this weekend, this time at Old Trafford.Liverpool are on a five-match winless run in the league, while their opponents United sit top of the table and are in red-hot f
- Rachel Foley was told her smear test was clear in 2014 despite abnormal cells being present which eventually saw her develop cervical cancer and undergo a hysterectomy.
- Ashleigh Shirajudin, of Rhos on Sea, Wales, was showing no coronavirus symptoms but was shocked when she tested positive during a routine check up
- Gemma Massey, 36, has had a successful career as a glamour model and adult actress, but now says she makes more money from home despite the pandemic
- The investigation was launched after the words 'all border post staff are targets' appeared spray painted on a wall in Larne, County Antrim, on Thursday.
- How did the queens do in this week’s acting challenge? (Picture: VH1)It’s been four weeks but RuPaul’s Drag Race season 13 has finally started eliminating their queens.
With the ‘Winners’ Circle’ and the ‘Pork Chop Queens’ finally united in the competition, it was time for them to put their acting skills to the test with their very own RuPaulmark Channel specials.
Naturally, this caused a bit of a commotion as per usual, with fighting for the good
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!