- An Australian vet dubbed the 'Jungle Doctor' has been working on the Thailand-Myanmar border, fitting prosthetic legs to elephants who have walked over landmines.
- Caption: The Trump Organization sued New York City on Monday for cancelling its contract to run a golf course in the Bronx earlier this year, a move it said was politically motivated and should be reversed.
Provider: Getty/RexDonald Trump’s company is suing New York City over its move to block the former US president from being able to run a golf course in the Bronx.
The Trump Organization has filed a lawsuit in the state court and argues the city’s decision is ‘polit
- The Health Secretary today rejected calls to write to patients about a new strategy that will give them access to their health records through an app, saying 'hardly anybody writes to you these days'.
- The First Minister brought her country into line with England by pushing the country's downgrading to Level Zero back several weeks because of the spread of the Indian variant.
Mother, 47, and daughter, 25, drug dealers caught with £1,000 of cannabis in their BMW spared prisonSharon Chapman, 47, and her daughter Lauren, 25, were arrested by police after they were spotted selling drugs in Coventry on August 12 last year. The pair were spared jail at Warwick Crown Court.
- The Tory-dominated Commons Education Select Committee said white working-class pupils are one of the worst-achieving groups in the UK, and 'feel anything but privileged'.
Macy Gray doubles down on her campaign to replace ‘divisive’ American flag: ‘I shouldn’t have to salute it’Macy Gray believes it’s time to redesign the American flag because it ‘no longer represents democracy’(Picture: Getty)Singer Macy Gray has once again called for a redesign of the American flag because she believes it has become a symbol of hate.The 53-year-old divided opinion with a recent op-ed for MarketWatch which saw her suggest that the stars and stripes ‘no longer represent democracy and freedom’.She wrote: ‘The Confederate battle flag, which was crafted
- The app boasts that it uploads real-time photos and videos from the scene of crimes or emergencies that have been taken by its users and shared without verification.
- The Scottish First Minister set out what life will look like once the whole of Scotland reaches Level 0 restrictions and lockdown restrictions can finally be eased following a three-week delay
- Builders at Stones' Knutsford home raised the height of the 100ft-long wall surrounding his property from 29 inches to just over 4ft - but he will now have to apply for retrospective permission.
- Supporters were seen enjoying the sunshine in Glasgow ahead of tonight's Euro 2020 crunch match at Hampden Park, where a victory will ensure they qualify for the second round.
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Elliott impressed on loan at Blackburn (Picture: Getty Images)John Barnes can’t envisage Harvey Elliott breaking into Liverpool’s first team next season despite impressing on loan at Blackburn Rovers.The 18-year-old joined the Reds from Fulham in 2019 and made nine senior appearances for Jurgen Klopp’s side in the 2019/20 campaign.Elliott was then sent on a season-long loan to Blackburn in the Championship for the following term and turned heads in England’s second tier w
- The professor's hack makes foreign temperatures readable to a British brain - and the average Joe can work it out in seconds
- Mum Jenn captured the sweet moment her three-year-old daughter tried to talk to the electronic device and became upset after the speaker failed to understand her
- The move by Nicola Sturgeon had been widely expected (Picture: Getty)Nicola Sturgeon has delayed the easing of coronavirus restrictions in Scotland by at least three weeks, to July 19.
The First Minister confirmed to Holyrood on Tuesday afternoon that the planned relaxation on Monday, June 28 would not go ahead – adding that she plans to lift all major remaining legal coronavirus restrictions on August 9 if possible.The widely-anticipated move comes after Ms Sturgeon said last week that it
- The June full moon coincides with strawberry picking season (Getty Images)A full moon is set to grace UK skies later this week, providing a treat for astronomers around the country.There’s a myth that June’s full moon is known as the ‘Strawberry moon’ because it will appear with a pinkish tinge to it.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case.Instead, it gets the name Strawberry moon because it coincides with strawberry picking season in the USA.‘In North America, th
- The former magistrate whose wife has cancer, says he's been left in a financial mess after being issued a Country Court Judgement over mistakenly not paying 50p extra for parking
The Devil Wears Prada director on actresses who rejected role, awkward Anna Wintour moment and why there will never be a sequelAs it turns 15 years old, The Devil Wears Prada has firmly secured itself as one of the cinematic greats.Starring an inimitable cast of Meryl Streep (Miranda Priestly), Anne Hathaway (Andy Sachs), Emily Blunt (Emily Charlton), and Stanley Tucci (Nigel Kipling), it’s become a quite literally groundbreaking moment in film history.
To celebrate the occasion, Metro.co.uk caught up with director David Frankel who revealed all, from the actresses who were in line to play Andy and why there will
- Houston high school English teacher Katrina Maxwell, 32, has been charged with two counts of sexual assault of a child for allegedly having sex with her 16-year-old male student.
- CCTV footage captured on a street in Small Heath, Birmingham, shows the three men, who are armed with baseball bats, steal catalytic converters from parked cars at around 4am on June 21.
- President Joe Biden's administration will concede Tuesday that it will fall short of its goal of vaccinating 70% of adult Americans by July 4th but officials will still brag about vaccine rate.
- It comes as coronavirus cases surge across Cornwall despite the jab rollout in the aftermath of the G7 summit, amid claims it was a “super-spreader event”
- Police were allegedly called to Chris Brown’s house (Picture: Jason Merritt/Getty Images)Chris Brown is reportedly under investigation for battery.The 32-year-old was named a suspect in a battery report filed over the weekend in San Fernando Valley, according to TMZ.The website cites law enforcement sources as saying police responded to Brown’s home in the area, where a woman alleged that she was slapped by the singer.The alleges assault made part of the woman’s weave come out;
- A similar link has been spotted in both the UK and India, where AstraZeneca's vaccine is also being dished out.
- With the Duchess of Sussex and the palace heading for a 'brutal showdown' over claims she clashed with workers, here is how the royal saga unfolded
- The Government has announced 60,000 fans will be allowed into Wembley for the semi-finals and final of the tournament - but have yet to agree on whether fans from overseas will be permitted
This Morning viewers were in floods of tears as mum Heather opened up about her terminal diagnosis, after being told she had three months to live.Heather appeared on the show for the ‘Dosh On Your Doorstep’ segment, where Alison Hammond was on hand to help her win a cash prize.Explaining what she would do with the money, she explained she would be putting it towards a huge p
- Dad-of-three David Brown, 55, has been bed-bound for the past 14 months and it is feared he will never recover. His wife believes he is "the sickest man in Britain after Covid"
- Mount and Chilwell will miss out (Picture: Getty Images)Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell have both expressed their disappointment at missing out on playing England’s final Group D game against the Czech Republic on Tuesday night but insist they’ll be cheering his team-mates on.
Mount, the Chelsea midfielder, had played both of England’s first two matches against Croatia and Scotland and was due to start their final group game at Wembley.
However, he and Blues team-mate Ben Chilwell
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!