- Pablo Kang, Australia's representative in Cambodia, was forced to issue a grovelling apology after posting photographs of his meal to Twitter while visiting the nation.
- Caption: U.S. President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump pay their respects to late Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as her casket lies in repose at the top of the steps of the U.S. Supreme Court building in Washington, U.S., September 24, 2020. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
Photographer: JONATHAN ERNST
(Credits: REUTERS)Donald and Melania Trump were met with a sea of loud boos and jeers as they paid their respects to Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the US Supreme
- Tom Hanks had to personally pay for an iconic scene in Forrest Gump when the studio didn’t cough up.Director Robert Zemeckis was keen to shoot Forrest running across America but they couldn’t get the funding.The actor, who played the titular character in the 1994 film, said he and Robert banded together as ‘soulmates’ to make the moment happen.Speaking to In Depth with Graham Bensinger, Tom said: ‘We called it The Run and I said, “Why is he talking to me? He&r
- Alexandra Wilson, 25, says she was ‘almost in tears’ after a security officer, a solicitor and a court clerk failed to recognise she was in the legal profession (Picture: @EssexBarrister)A black barrister has claimed court staff mistook her for a defendant three times in a single day.Alexandra Wilson, 25, who works as a criminal and family barrister, said she was ‘almost in tears’ after they repeatedly failed to recognise her profession on Wednesday.In a viral Twitter thr
- Simon Cowell ‘walking again’ after back surgery (Picture: Getty)Simon Cowell is said to be walking again after undergoing five hours of back surgery.
In August, the music mogul was rushed to hospital with a broken back after falling off an electric bike.
Since then, he has had to cancel his appearances on both America and Britain’s Got Talent in order to make a full recovery.
And it turns out he’s finally healing, as his close friend Sinitta confirmed when chatting to Ent
- The government says you’re only exempt from social distancing if you’re ‘established’ (Picture: Ella Byworth for Metro.co.uk)The early stages of dating are always tricky. Are we? Aren’t we? What are we?Those uncertain, undefined, first few weeks or months can be perilous to navigate – neither party sure if the other is on the same page, or if you’re even going in the same direction. Add to that a global pandemic and government-issued social interaction r
- A homeless man holds a sign reading ‘What about us Boris – were we gunna isolate?’ (Picture: AFP/Getty)The lives of hundreds of homeless people may have been saved by emergency accommodation during the lockdown.Rough sleepers were rapidly brought into hotels at the start of the outbreak, while dormitory-style communal shelters were closed, and infection control measures were ramped up in hostels.It’s now thought the measures could have prevented 266 deaths linked to Covid
- ‘Kids Lives Matter’ activist Adam Hollingsworth has been charged with animal cruelty after riding an improperly shod horse down a hard freeway, causing the animal injuries that will likely kill it (Pictures: WPVI)A horse will likely have to be euthanized after a ‘Kids Lives Matter’ activist rode it down a freeway in inappropriate shoes and whipped it. The animal collapsed with exhaustion after rider Adam Hollingsworth – nicknamed the dreadlocked cowboy – made
- Sir David Attenborough has officially joined Instagram (Picture: PA)Sir David Attenborough has hit the one million follower mark on Instagram, just four hours after sharing his first post.Not too shabby, David.The 94-year-old presenter dusted off his social media page today for the first time, to raise awareness of climate change.Fans were clearly impressed with his message, clamouring to hit that follow button.More than one million people are wanting to keep up with Sir David’s updates &n
- A 'fly-tipper' lashed out at a member of the public who caught him on camera.Video shows the man karate-kicking the 51-year-old victim in the face. The incident happened in Dorset on Tuesday.
- EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Webster, 51, died days after he was assaulted outside a Screwfix store in Warrington, Cheshire, and a 24-year-old man who was arrested claimed self-defence
Eddie Redmayne is shedding his traditional Englishman stereotype role and taking on a Michigan protestor in new movie The Trial of the Chicago 7, but it seems his American accent has got fans all conflicted.
The actor, 38, is set to star in the upcoming Netflix movie that lands next month and a new trailer shows Eddie in action as Michigan-born activist Tom Hayden.The film follows the no
- During a private briefing this week, Kevin Fenton, director of Public Health England in London, told Sadiq Khan that all signs indicated the disease was making aresurgence in the capital.
- William Wall, 14, was found dead on Wednesday afternoon in bushland at Yarra Junction, east of Melbourne.
- Roumaissa went to stay with the Cope family (Picture: 5Star)A rich teenage heiress got the shock of her life when she arrived at the caravan park she was staying at on Rich Kids, Skint Holiday.On tonight’s episode, 18-year-old Roumaissa, from London spends a few days in Norfolk with the Cope family in their static caravan.The Cope family, who have been scraping by all year to afford a coastal holiday in a static caravan park – is made up of self-employed handyman Neil and part-t
- The 22-year-old, who remains unidentified, had travelled oversea to receive the surgery in a bid to become 5ft9 after feeling insecure about his height for years, reported Chinese media.
- I go quiet with longing when I see babies, and get a lump in my throat when those babies have pigtails (Picture: Emmie Harrison-West)‘Well, I heard that someone is broody!’ a friend recently announced in the pub.Tentatively, I put my hand up in admittance and was met with slack-mouthed stares, shocked gasps and an eventual eruption of laughter.I’m 27, I’ve been a wife for 14 months and I’m broody as hell. But the problem is, none of my friends are – not even m
- To no-one’s surprise – it’s literally in the title – PES returns much the same as last year (credit: Konami)This year’s PES has admitted it’s not a full sequel but there are some changes to the gameplay – but is it enough to justify a purchase?Sports games are having a tough time of it at the moment. With next gen gaming on the way, the likes of Madden NFL 21 and NBA 2K21 have massively underwhelmed with their last current gen release before the PlayStat
- Edouard Mendy has signed a five-year deal at Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Chelsea opted to sign Rennes goalkeeper Edouard Mendy in favour of Atletico Madrid star Jan Oblak because the club rue their decision to spend £71million on Kepa Arrizabalaga.Mendy, 28, signed a five-year deal with the club on Thursday after completing a £22.5million move from Ligue 1 club Rennes.Frank Lampard decided midway through last season that he wanted a new number one after Kepa’s performances between
- Dean Henderson is putting the pressure on David de Gea (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Former Manchester United star Paul Parker feels David De Gea has been put in a ‘very awkward situation’ at the club by the return from loan of Dean Henderson.De Gea remains the first choice goalkeeper at Old Trafford, but Henderson has returned from two seasons on loan at Sheffield United and has signed a new contract with the Red Devils.Henderson appears to be the long-term replacement for De Gea,
- Actress and singer Claire Sweeney thinks she had coronavirus at Christmas.Actress Claire Sweeney has been making the most of her time in lockdown, giving her house a makeover, while also using her status to transform people’s lives. Just another day.Here, the actress and singer, 49 – who believed she had coronavirus at Christmas – has opened up on using her platform to make dreams come true, working with Patrick Swayze and how lockdown has changed her.What’s this Mecca Dr
- The Gunners icon feels Van de Beek is not the ideal fit for United (Picture: Premier League Productions)Arsenal legend Ian Wright has questioned Manchester United’s decision to sign Donny van de Beek and feels he would have been better suited to a club such as the Gunners.United have endured a difficult transfer window, failing to land top target Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, with their only new arrival coming in the form of £35million recruit Van de Beek from Ajax.The move di
- Fans and self-employed sculptors Nick Dutton and Gavin Fulcher were behind the statue, which appeared outside The Forum, Norwich, where it will remain until Sunday.
- Barrister and author Alexandra Wilson, 25, told her Twitter followers she was mistaken for a defendant while working in court on Wednesday. The mistake was branded as 'totally unacceptable'.
- The high-street British chemist is now limiting its flu vaccines for the most vulnerable in society, including the over-65s and people with serious underlying health woes.
- Callum Evans was killed at Hinton Admiral railway station, Hampshire, as he spent an evening with friends - his parents have released a devastating tribute
- The tiny but playable cube, made of 'ultra-precision metal', was released to mark the 40th anniversary of the original 3D puzzle. It is has gone on sale in Japan at a cost of 198,000 yen (£1,480).
- Durham University condemned "utterly abhorrent" comments in a WhatsApp chat group where members talked about rape and discussed taking the drug ketamine
Katie Price and boyfriend Carl Woods flip the bird at their ‘doubters and haters’ as romance blossomsKatie Price and Carl Woods have no time for the trolls (Picture: Splash)Katie Price and her boyfriend Carl Woods had a particularly strong message for the ‘haters’ who are throwing shade at their romance. The couple began dating in June and things have become serious with Carl, best known for appearing on Love Island, nursing Katie back to good health after she broke both her feet, and the glamour model even moving into his place. Despite the fact they are clearly smitten w
- Fragments of coronavirus was detected in wastewater at Bondi and Malabar for two consecutive weeks earlier this month on September 6 and 13.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!