- Viraleze, a nasal spray, works as a barrier to the virus, inactivating it and its ability to affect people, the Melbourne-based company Starpharma says.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been urged to stop using their royal titles (Picture: Getty Images/WireImage)Palace aides have demanded the Duke and Duchess of Sussex give up their titles following Prince Harry’s latest comments about the Royal Family.Senior courtiers are reportedly furious following the Duke’s ‘shocking’ interview with actor and podcaster Dax Shepard in the US last week. In the 90-minute conversation, Harry suggested Prince Charles passed down h
Celebrity Big Brother star James Whale reveals mystery engagement three years after his wife’s deathJames Whale is engaged again, after losing his beloved late wife Melinda to cancer (Picture: Rex)Long-standing radio presenter James Whale has revealed he is engaged, three years after his late wife Melinda died from cancer.The broadcaster, who’s been working as a DJ and presenter since 1970 and currently hosts The James Whale Show podcast and a night-time show for talkRADIO, is keeping schtum on the identity of his affianced.
James took to Twitter to reveal the news on his birthday weeken
- The URBNSURF facility set open by summer 2022-23 in Sydney will give residents the opportunity to practice their surfing skills without unpredictable ocean swells or potentially deadly shark encounters.
Piers Morgan roasts Alastair Campbell after he accidentally announced the Queen’s death on Good Morning BritainPiers Morgan couldn’t help but mock his old friend Alastair Campbell (Picture: Rex Features)Piers Morgan has roasted Alastair Campbell after the presenter wrongfully announced that the Queen had died, and it was only a matter of time. During his stint hosting Good Morning Britain last week, Alastair accidentally said the Queen had died while mistaking her for Prince Philip who died in April. Of course, Alastair was temporarily filling in next to Susanna Reid after Piers quit GMB
- The Indian variant is ‘likely to dominate soon’, a top scientist has said (SWNS/GETTY)The more transmissible Indian COVID-19 strain is likely to dominate in the UK soon, a top scientist has said. Epidemiologist Professor John Edmunds – who sits on the Government’s Sage committee of scientific advisors – told BBC One’s Andrew Marr Show the new B.1.617.2 variant has ‘seeded quite widely’ and was expected to become the main strain. The
- Groups such as the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children's Fund and the Children's Foundation have all dropped the Duke of York as a patron, according to the Sunday Telegraph.
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock said they are going to be opening up the vaccination to over 35s across the country as they accelerate the vaccination programme nationwide.
- Appointments were booked in their droves in the 48 hours after people in their late 30s were offered the jab (Picture: SWNS/Getty)Hundreds of thousands of people booked coronavirus vaccines in the hours after appointments became available to those in their late 30s.Some 611,863 appointments for first and second doses were made in the 48-hour period after 38 and 39-year-olds became eligible to arrange their jabs from Thursday.NHS England said younger people in their thirties are expected to be in
- We think the teacher might have worked out this wasn’t legitimate (Picture: Family Lowdown Tips & Ideas/Facebook)Getting kids out the door in the morning can be a bit of a task.There’s the lunchboxes, PE kits and coats to remember – so it can be easy for something to slip your mind.One mum felt bad when she realised she’d forgotten to sign her son’s homework diary.But boy took matters into his own hands and tried to forge her signature to avoid getting into trou
- Manchester United agreed a one-year contract extension with Edinson Cavani this month (Picture: Getty)Edinson Cavani admits he may have returned to South America this summer had his Manchester United team-mates not intervened and pleaded with him to extend his stay at the club.The 34-year-old forward has proven to be a valuable addition to the Red Devils’ first-team squad but looked certain to leave on a free transfer, with his previous one-year deal due to expire and talks over a renewal
- Youri Tielemans scored a stunning long-range strike (Photo by Michael Regan – The FA/The FA via Getty Images)Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel insists Youri Tielemans’ fantastic strike to win Leicester City the FA Cup was ‘lucky’.
The Belgian ensured the Foxes won the competition for the first time in their history with a sensational long-range hit against the Blues in the second half at Wembley.
Chelsea dominated in north-west London but failed to find a breakthrough, with M
- The two-year-old had to be taken to hospital twice for emergency treatment after burning his fingers on a radiator at the nursery which did not have the proper cover on it
- Tony Abramson started collecting coins aged four, in the 1950s, and managed to amass 1,200 items in total. The first half of his collection, consisting of 576 coins, was sold in London earlier this year.
- The Culture Secretary demanded that museums and galleries be as relevant to 'a grandparent in Hartlepool or Harwich' as a 'millennial in Islington'.
- MP ALICIA KEARNS: We cannot allow NHS Trusts to insist on blanket policies that stop mothers, children, cancer, stroke or any other patient benefitting from the vital support of a loved one.
- Dylan Fogarty has been jailed for two violent attacks on Danielle Powell which included him throwing her across the room while she was pregnant and subjecting her to threatening phone calls
- WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES Mum-of-one Leah Cunnignham was on her way to pick her daughter up from school when a scrambler bike ploughed into her, throwing her 15ft in the air
- Charles Oliveira is the new UFC lightweight champion (Picture: Getty Images)Charles Oliveira won the UFC lightweight title in spectacular fashion on Saturday night and has immediately promised to deal with Conor McGregor, if the Notorious can get past Dustin Poirier in their trilogy fight this summer.Oliveira stopped Michael Chandler in the second round of their UFC 262 main event, recovering from a tough opening stanza by catching the American with a left hand, dropping him and following up wit
- Labour's Yvette Cooper said the Government needed to be 'much more cautious' on reopening international travel
- The freezing cold snap will continue to batter Australia's southeast until Wednesday when the weather is expected to ease and return to average temperatures.
- The range comes in different styles and colours (Picture: Primark)The way we deal with our periods has changed, with more and more people moving towards reusable, more eco-friendly options.While some prefer washable pads or menstrual cups, period pants are another option.The pants have an absorbent gusset that soaks up the blood and locks it away.Usually, they can hold the equivalent of a few tampons, and then at the end of the day, they can be rinsed out, washed and used again.But the pants can
- Andy Cox (pictured), the national leader for fatal collision investigations, said those who drive at an extreme speed pose a greater threat to public safety than those caught carrying a knife.
- Health officials have confirmed at least 148 people have been killed in Gaza since the violence began on Monday, with Israel and Hamas both insisting cross-border fire will continue
- AJ Pritchard has supported Abbie Quinnen throughout her ordeal (Picture: Rex)AJ Pritchard has revealed he’s doing everything he can to reassure girlfriend Abbie Quinnen that he ‘still loves her’ following her fire accident. The former Strictly Come Dancing star has been a pillar of support for Abbie since she suffered third-degree burns in January. Abbie, 24, was filming a life hack involving a vase when she became engulfed in flames after lighting the glass. She was
- Monty called 999 to help his pregnant mum after she fainted(Solent News)A boy, five, called 999 to tell emergency workers ‘my mummy’s fainted’ when his pregnant mother collapsed at home.Heroic Monty Baker raised the alarm when his mum Amber fell unconscious in their living room, leaving him alone with his eight-month-old sister Sylvia.Mrs Baker, 28, who has cerebral palsy, was eight weeks pregnant when she fainted at the property near Chichester, West Sussex.Audio footage showe
- Fred West is believed to have murdered Mary Bastholm in 1968 (Picture: BPM Media)Rose West will take the secret of missing teen Mary Bastholm’s disappearance to her grave, the killer’s daughter fears.Mary, who went missing in 1968, is at the centre of a renewed police hunt, with officers searching a café linked to West and her serial killer husband Fred.Now daughter Mae, 49, has said she wants Mary’s family to have closure and believes her mum may know the answers to sol
- Younger people will be able to book their jabs within days as fears mount over the spread of the Indian variant
- Zinedine Zidane is set to quit Real Madrid this summer(Credits: Pressinphoto/REX)Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane stunned his players by telling them he will quit the club at the end of the season following their 2-2 draw against Sevilla.The Spanish giants lost their advantage in the La Liga title race with a costly draw against Sevilla last week, which means rivals Atletico Madrid can win the title with two wins from their final two matches.Though Real were level on points with Atletico, their
- Denise and Eddie are looking forward to a ‘big party’ for their wedding (Picture: Rex)Denise Van Outen has decided to postpone her small wedding to partner Eddie Boxshall in order to throw ‘a big party with no restrictions’.The couple are not formally engaged – Denise’s plans to propose last leap year were scuppered by lockdown – and the entertainer described herself as ‘the opposite’ of a woman whose ‘dream’ is ‘the big roc
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!